Quantcast

<∆> Saturday GMT <∆>

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

As I was walking out the door yesterday school for the girls got canceled. Not sure why, it couldn't possibly have been the 1/8 inch of snow we got, but whatever. So yesterdays ski trip turned into family ski extravaganza, which was fun in it's own way, but I did miss early morning powder runs.

Holy shit, do I not want to go to work today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Riding to be done. Temps in the 30's this morning or hitting 50 this afternoon...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi mankeys.

thinking about taking a trip to that godforsaken hellspace known as new hampshire to dodge sales tax on some high dollar best buy items. that's my weekend!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Once again weather looks like no trail riding to be done this weekend. A buddy reported yesterday that the go-to trails (that are usually dry enough to ride when everything else isn't) have streams running down them.

Will probably hit the climbing gym and start my tax returns. Maybe take the cross bike out if time permits.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Climbed with Haley yesterday. She's not allowed to go into the respiratory care area in the hospital, so we have to do a constant hand off as to who is watching her. She has a friend from school, going all the way back to when she was in Primrose and early pre-school, who are doing a play date from today around noon until tomorrow around 8:30am. That's going to let Wifey get some time away from Hannah, spend a bit of time with Haley, but then hand her off to somebody else and get a Haley break.

I popped something painful in my hand yesterday climbing while under load. My ring finger isn't fully bending and while I was able to keep climbing, I wouldn't do middle 3 finger holds, I had to have a pinky to get a solid grip. I think I'm going to need to get that checked out... For the climbing guys, I'm up to V2/3 heavy overhung problems now; pinch grips are still a bitch, but climbable.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dropped off a ton of oversized boxes from the bunk bed and mattrsss at the recycling place. Now at the science museum. Half the kids in Denver are here, apparently.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i hate it when a band updates their site with a group picture that is missing two members....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode early in low 30s before sun melts top soil into mashed potatoes. I am fat & slow but the dirt was good and it was a nice change from ice and studded tires.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Pinchers and crimps are always gonna suck for guys like us unless we lose 30 pounds.
I know that. It's always been annoying, but it's nice to be able to actually climb more than a V1 and fall miserably. There are two 100% overhung V2's I've been working on with very similar paths, but pinchy vs. meaty start and I'm flailing all over on the pinch start. Annoying as shit. My now popped finger isn't helping any though.

I've started Haley off on V1 problems that are too overhung/high to start on her own by lifting her up and helping her place her feet. The reaction of other people bouldering is always amusing, especially people who are new to climbing. Little kid dropping a leg flag on a huge overhang is mind boggling apparently. When she takes beta from the obviously better climbers and integrates it immediately is great though. She gets what they are saying and is able to understand and use it right away.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. I did running today! Specifically a 10 kilometer race. That is 6.2 miles. Ran it in 40:58 (6:36 pace). I finished 8th place overall and 2nd in my age group. I came really close to puking as I crossed the finish line. That's how it's done.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Awesome ride. Most miles (19) and most hard climbs (5) I have done in years. Went a bit too hard on the biggest, steepest climb and went anaerobic for the last few minutes. I was shaking by the top but a minute of rest and a GU packet brought me back to semi normal. Most excellent day

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hirscher is an absolute machine on skis. Perfect timing, perfect long arcs. Ligety looked off, late and pitching it in sideways. I tuned briefly in to the live feed from GS and I’m pretty sure I could ski the course as fast as the small country hacks seeded 100th were doing. :D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Crowds were quite a shitshow most of the morning.
come ski in north carolina on president’s day weekend when it’s been above freezing for days and it’s 35* and misting if you want to see a real shitshow. playing human carnage slalom in the slush all day...at least the “blacks” at the top were clear :D

8yo loves to bomb down on skis; 12yo slowly picking up snowboarding

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hirscher is an absolute machine on skis. Perfect timing, perfect long arcs. Ligety looked off, late and pitching it in sideways. I tuned briefly in to the live feed from GS and I’m pretty sure I could ski the course as fast as the small country hacks seeded 100th were doing. :D
Hirscher remains The Man after the second GS run. Wow.