Quantcast

∑∑∑∑∑ Wednesday gtm †††††¥¥¥üü|||œœœœœœπππ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Can't get rid of a cold. Now I woke up with a cough and had problems sleeping. Manage to still man up and rode to work and with end up doing total of 100km today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
crappy sleep, oh well shit happens. Espresso then off to do 5 transports then drop my F350 off at the tire shop, take wife back home and go do the remaining 12 transports. Pick up truck, load camper back on it, load med gear so I can take off tomorrow evening for a horse show in Sacramento.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, muchambos! Happy to report that hot water has returned to the pool showers. I got 2500 yards done in the pool and it was kind of a grind.

Our new permanent remote work policy has been rolled out and we can WFH three days a week now. I am cool with that. I figure I'll work on site Tuesday and Wednesday, then get to stay home five days in a row.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I had a pretty easy day, even found a schematic for something I have to work on soon, and it's an awesome two page schematic that is easy to read!
IMG_20220824_222349~2.jpg

Watch some Aqua Teen Hunger Force then bed.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Polish gang has been working on my new patio. One of the clearly communicated requirements was that it will fall away from the house so water will run away from the house and off the patio. Seems like they were a little bit in a hurry yesterday and even with my eyes I could see it tilting the wrong way

IMG_5174.jpg

:banghead:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
TT bike is packed and ready, going to try and get destroyed at the wednesday night time trial unless I pop another migraine.

I am fully prepared to do mediocre but have fun trying

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Polish gang has been working on my new patio. One of the clearly communicated requirements was that it will fall away from the house so water will run away from the house and off the patio. Seems like they were a little bit in a hurry yesterday and even with my eyes I could see it tilting the wrong way

:banghead:
Always assumed all the good polish contractors are the ones that left my country. I guess not.

Outside of that. 2nd coffee today. Sleepy AF. Ukraine independence day party at work. Also cut my bike bars to 780mm and still feels wide. I don't get that dumb PB article suggesting pros are slow to convert. Will probably end up with 750mm.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Arrrgh, seems the neighbours have purchased a bamboo wind chime, no more sleeping with the window open.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Can I retire yet? JHFC. I have better things to do with my time.

:panic:

Called in for fuck it Friday. Going to go try to ride off some of this self induced stress. Dog sitting again, 4 dogs is just chaos. No clue how @eric strt6 does it. CHAOS I SAY!
Already told the wife that when these doggos are gone, I don't want to be a 3 dog household again. 1 perhaps, but I dont have the means to take care of more than that in their old age.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Can I retire yet? JHFC. I have better things to do with my time.

Already told the wife that when these doggos are gone, I don't want to be a 3 dog household again. 1 perhaps, but I dont have the means to take care of more than that in their old age.
As much as I like dogs, I don't want pets. I don't want to be constrained on needing to be back from somewhere or not being able to do things.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
As much as I like dogs, I don't want pets. I don't want to be constrained on needing to be back from somewhere or not being able to do things.
I absolutely love my cat, but he is fifteen. I hope wifey doesn't want another right away so we can rent our house out for a week or a month for one meeeeelion dollars, and go somewhere cool in style.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I thought you were on your way up the corporate ladder there boss?
I will climb the corporate ladder only as much as is necessary to ensure secure employment and maximum yearly contributions to retirement accounts. I have little appetite for titles or "more responsibility" for the sake of it. My job is my job, it is a career and not my passion or worthy of an iota more time than is required.

Okay, so that might be a slight exaggeration, I'm not that checked out, but I am definitely not a "work is my life and my life should be work" sort of person.

Hoping wife going back to work in a few years will help with that, but I know better than to count on anyone except myself.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I will climb the corporate ladder only as much as is necessary to ensure secure employment and maximum yearly contributions to retirement accounts. I have little appetite for titles or "more responsibility" for the sake of it. My job is my job, it is a career and not my passion or worthy of an iota more time than is required.

Okay, so that might be a slight exaggeration, I'm not that checked out, but I am definitely not a "work is my life and my life should be work" sort of person.

Hoping wife going back to work in a few years will help with that, but I know better than to count on anyone except myself.
Sounds like you're #quietquitting #zoomer

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ah bugger. was planning on going to the bike park for DH laps this weekend. just saw that they are hosting a DH race sunday, which means practice fri/sat, and super long lift lines as a result. pass.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Perhaps, though I despise that term. It's just another term that half the people arguing about won't take the time to understand but man does that generational strife get clicks!

It's time the pendulum swung back the other way.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I get where Tim is coming from, and I can relate. it's a matter of putting forth the required effort to continue to advance (promotions, pay increases, etc) that aren't always guaranteed. but not the kind of person that's so career oriented that it's at the expense of other aspects of their lives. or are changing jobs / roles every 2 years or so, that's basically advancement for the sake of advancement. it's not phoning it in either, but recognizing that the increase in effort doesn't directly correlate to career advancement, or whatever.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Perhaps, though I despise that term. It's just another term that half the people arguing about won't take the time to understand but man does that generational strife get clicks!

It's time the pendulum swung back the other way.
I get where Tim is coming from, and I can relate. it's a matter of putting forth the required effort to continue to advance (promotions, pay increases, etc) that aren't always guaranteed. but not the kind of person that's so career oriented that it's at the expense of other aspects of their lives. or are changing jobs / roles every 2 years or so, that's basically advancement for the sake of advancement. it's not phoning it in either, but recognizing that the increase in effort doesn't directly correlate to career advancement, or whatever.
To be clear with both of you, I think it's a stupid term intended to guilt people into feeling bad for trying to get more out of life than work. The term quitting means leaving your job voluntarily- trying to find better work/life balance is not quitting. There will always be people who skyrocket up the ladder and others who get passed over for promotions regularly.

I regularly have internal conflict because I want to do well, succeed, and climb the ladder in my career...but I also want to look after my kids and share experiences with them. I look at some of my peers who are years younger than me and are at higher levels, but I have two wonderful kids and a house in the suburbs, and I get to go home and see them every night. I have enough money to be healthy and happy and enjoy some of my favorite hobbies, but not enough for Porsches and Bentleys. It's difficult to reaffirm to myself that this is what's important, not being scientist 2 or vice-president-of-everything by the time I'm 40. It can be a challenge, and a hashtag making us feel bad about it is not helpful.

But I was just being cheeky

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
e7Fdp0v1fZgti.gif

Hey! You're me. Albeit a much, much MUCH younger me. :disgust:

My only sage advice would be to not have any children.

Oh, wait. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
To be clear with both of you, I think it's a stupid term intended to guilt people into feeling bad for trying to get more out of life than work. The term quitting means leaving your job voluntarily- trying to find better work/life balance is not quitting. There will always be people who skyrocket up the ladder and others who get passed over for promotions regularly.

I regularly have internal conflict because I want to do well, succeed, and climb the ladder in my career...but I also want to look after my kids and share experiences with them. I look at some of my peers who are years younger than me and are at higher levels, but I have two wonderful kids and a house in the suburbs, and I get to go home and see them every night. I have enough money to be healthy and happy and enjoy some of my favorite hobbies, but not enough for Porsches and Bentleys. It's difficult to reaffirm to myself that this is what's important, not being scientist 2 or vice-president-of-everything by the time I'm 40. It can be a challenge, and a hashtag making us feel bad about it is not helpful.

But I was just being cheeky
no i'm with you. it's another pointless catch phrase from the NoBoDy WaNtS tO wOrK crowd.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Still in Denver, not super happy about it but what ya gonna do? Yesterday the mechanic said they anticipated being done working on the Sprinter by Friday at the latest. Hoping it's Thursday, but trying not to get my hopes up. At least I've been getting some riding in, and seeing all my Front Range peeps. Might go buy flooring for Teh Bong Shed™ at Home Depot while I'm here, and do a Costco run... you know, because I haven't spent enough money this week between the Sprinter repairs and a couch we ordered a few months back being delivered.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
no i'm with you. it's another pointless catch phrase from the NoBoDy WaNtS tO wOrK crowd.
my dad started in on that this weekend but we all changed the subject. I remember seeing an image floating around of the "nobody wants to work" headline from every decade in the last 50 years, but boomers worked hard all the time and leveraged their bootstraps

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Made my goal to ride almost 100km today. I had my doubts mid ride but found a good pace. Still nowhere near my best riding but I think it coming along nicely.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
In another episode of StiHacka's career tragicomedy, I may be accepting a new role in a different BU in our mega Corp. :panic:

Gonna be a shitshow again, because that's how I roll. :dead: