Quantcast

√¶∆ derpus finalista ∆¶√

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Mernin teh yeh

Foggy AF here today. Should burn off by 10ish. Grain elevator said we can start hauling January contracts now, so that’s cool.

Going to try to take many deep breaths today, mainly to refrain from screaming at a particular underwriter.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Woke up to pee at 4:24am, couldn’t get back to sleep despite my best efforts. Finally got up, might as well make donuts.

In other news, winter may have finally arrived…

EF0B1AD6-7DB5-42FB-8DD9-1433CED16032.png

2253A768-314E-400A-A077-8FB5F1FA1368.png

And yet, no snow in town so I think a lunch ride is still in play.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Virtual holiday party for work at noon today and I am working from home, so all I gotta do is just log into the thing and sit here, which really is no different than my typical work from home day.

Slept 10.5 hours last night...I was tired after both a run and trainer ride last night.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

In the throes of the annual end of the year work emergency. This time something that was not even on the radar has vaulted to priority #1 cause it'll impact production. I said I'd try my best to get it done by the end of the year even though everyone knows it won't get done by the end of the year, cause that's what motivated go-getters do!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey's work holiday party was dinner at Shanahan's. Dealing Doug (the Dodge dealer) was at the table behind us, so much fun was had.

Haley got shot #2 with no issues and I now have a stack of gift cards that need to be used to buy races for Haley. Oh, and it's snowing.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning.
it finally snowed a bit over here, moar up in the mtns, more to come. I'll probably ski a bit this weekend.
still catching up from a work trip. today might suck just a little bit.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
here. grinding

still chasing squeaks and rattles in the car. FFS it's killing me. My dad comes up soon and I'm hoping he can ride in the passenger seat and chase creaks while I drive or vise-versa. Once i can locate it, I can lube it.

Haven't been able to get up and work out in the morning in several weeks. I gotta get back on track before I get fat. Speaking of which, I need to drink some weird beer this evening. Wonder what's on tap at the local packy

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
36 mph? That’s faster than Tour peloton speeds, no?

Anyway, I just emptied my garage freezer. Door got knocked open and almost everything thawed. Whoops.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
here. grinding

still chasing squeaks and rattles in the car. FFS it's killing me. My dad comes up soon and I'm hoping he can ride in the passenger seat and chase creaks while I drive or vise-versa. Once i can locate it, I can lube it.

Haven't been able to get up and work out in the morning in several weeks. I gotta get back on track before I get fat. Speaking of which, I need to drink some weird beer this evening. Wonder what's on tap at the local packy
Ah, creaks and squeaks are the worst. My dad had a sun roof rattle in his Escape that drove him nuts. If it's any consolation, it went away after 80K miles. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its been cold and snowy the last few days, so naturally we're supposed to get absolutely hammered with rain tonight. Tomorrow it'll be 60F.

Ugh I guess more mud trudging.

At an unfamiliar building today. I walked in through some sort of HR meeting, which I'm guess was a confidential one based on the looks I got. Oh well...who the heck puts spare offices where you need to walk through a meeting room to get to? And now I need to go back through there to find some coffee.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We're supposed to get the rain tomorrow. There is no such thing as global warming.
Sad to say, but future viability and quality of life were most definitely factors that weighed into our home buying decision. I'd love to move back West, but with the continued arification, population boom, and year round forest fires, the next few decades are going to bring increasing challenges to the way of life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So you were on a motorcycle? Because otherwise Wikipedia is missing an entry:

And Toshi is right, short TdF ITT are in that ballpark:
oh i remember now. those times listed are for the solo category, IIRC GFF did the 4 man team category. but even then, the speeds seem off.

per the wiki:

Team Action Sports from Bakersfield, California, established the record for the four-person male division in 2004. The team, whose members were Nathaniel Faulkner, Kerry Ryan, Sean Nealy, and William Innes, averaged 23.06 mph (37.11 km/h) to complete the 2,959 miles (4,762 km) in 5:08:17

perhaps i think gff just has his UoM wrong. 36km/h is in line with a 4 person team avg speed.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
We were in the 8 man team category, 4 on, 4 off and swap every 12 hours and each 4 man team was in a sprinting relay with 2 separate chase vehicles. Typical sprints were anywhere from 2-9 miles depending on terrain and conditions.

Like I say completely different race. Get on the bike spin at max for a short run, then rest for 30-40 min and do it again via relay shuttling. I spent 75% of my time on the TT bike in full aero gear.

My personal results came out to a 36mph due to my time on the TT bikes and most of the descent were done by yours truly. My average wattage was 285 if I remember correctly. It was the first time in history that RAAM allowed a team like ours and now most team mimic our approach for the race using short sprints if they have the resources.

I believe our overall team average was in the 18mph average but myself and another rider were putting in some speed with any resemblance of downhill grades.

But the point I was getting at is my current shape is a far cry from that racing season.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 7.48.56 AM.png

Last edited: