Quantcast

+√π© Shart-a-Day ®π√÷

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good morning fellow internet compadres.

I had a beer for breakfast and am going for a donkey road ride. Its -5 degrees out so I'm taking every beer precaution available to me.

Bike show later today with some buddies, so get to purchase the seasons pass to the local (and only) DH hill. EXCITED. Summer feels like it's right around the corner. I honestly cannot wait to be sweating my balls off in 100% humidity. Anything other than this cold and weak winter bullshit.

Oh yeah and I accidentally set off my car alarm at 7am getting the bike out of my car. Oops. :busted:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Everything is so quiet now compared to the howling, rioting winds yesterday. The weather apparently had a weird effect on me as I may or may not have ordered a massively discounted 380C2R2 at Jenson yesterday. :doh:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This was Denver. We got him from a rescue in Missouri. Someone had absolutely beat the ever living shit out of him even though we has barely a year old when we got him.

He had wonky hips, cigarette burns, other scars of undetermined origin, was aggressive towards strangers, and hated little boys. He was dumber than a box of rocks, goofier than a football bat, and for a while at least, chewed anything he could get his mouth around.

But he was loyal, loved to cuddle, was a great guard dog and was generally, a good boy. He was my friend and I will miss him.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sorry @Pesqueeb - that’s never easy. sounds like you have lots of good memories and pics.

not sure what we’ll get into. might take the 8yo back to the whitewater center for some more trail riding practice on the green trails.

60 freedum units and sunny.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skiing at Winter Park today. Mariko has a 3 hour private lesson so I’ll have 3 hours of bought time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Seems like it'll be a beauty day here. Wind was howling on every hill though. :brow:

This was Denver. We got him from a rescue in Missouri. Someone had absolutely beat the ever living shit out of him even though we has barely a year old when we got him.

He had wonky hips, cigarette burns, other scars of undetermined origin, was aggressive towards strangers, and hated little boys. He was dumber than a box of rocks, goofier than a football bat, and for a while at least, chewed anything he could get his mouth around.

But he was loyal, loved to cuddle, was a great guard dog and was generally, a good boy. He was my friend and I will miss him.

Sorry man :(

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Had to take cover, its raining. Was building new steps to the "shed". Got a good fire going and cooking pho in the shed. Wifes been on a bone broth kick.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Only thing to do, ride a bike.

Or drink beer I guess. :busted:

Sucks though....
Yea I'm busy managing my kids. Neither of whom have been through a power outage. I did manage to obtain a generator this morning, so we're not completely sol. Fridge, chest freezer, fireplace fan are going again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yea I'm busy managing my kids. Neither of whom have been through a power outage. I did manage to obtain a generator this morning, so we're not completely sol. Fridge, chest freezer, fireplace fan are going again.
Fun fact: If you lose power in a winter storm, your food can be stored for quite a while in a cooler outside and you can power mire important items like a 1/2hp vibrating donky dong.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fun fact: If you lose power in a winter storm, your food can be stored for quite a while in a cooler outside and you can power mire important items like a 1/2hp vibrating donky dong.
It's in the 40s, so not really. But I have done that before. Once used a bucket full of snow to keep beer cold.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
That sucks Psqueeb. but you took him from hell and gave him a grand life :cheers:

I was going to go ride today but I woke up to a major twinge in the right knee, might have overdone it on the run last night . So instead I have set out some targets on the lawn and am working on my fly casting accuracy in the wind at various distances.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Climbed with Haley this morning. She got a new 5.7 on a 75ft wall with 4 breaks and a pretty overhung V0 on her second try. She got pretty upset that she couldn't get it again afterwards (see video below). She's working on another V0 that if you lose your feet it's a 90* to bring them back up again, and she keeps losing her feet. She's getting progressively higher each time though, so she might get it before they change routes.
Otherwise a *meh day. Working on bills primarily. Between the medical, car repairs, and house the monthly out is going to be pushing $15k more than normal. At least all of our out of pocket will be done for the year...:banghead: I really need to get the M gone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
73 miles?
I big dinner??

what all did you ride?
Elk burgers on the grill right now.

Bunch of random bike trails/paths/lanes up to Lafayette and back testing out a route to FoCo for later this summer.

Figured the singletrack proper would be muddy as it's still sloppy up by us.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Meaning lots of nitrogen?
We don't push nitrogen into the rooms per se, but have a machine that scrubs out the O2 in these resin beds and puts the scrubbed atmosphere back into the rooms. Other people use nitrogen generators though. Its something we have looked at before. It works really well on rooms that are hard to seal up.