Quantcast

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ Sunday GTM ≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
We fucking made it to the end of the week and in Euroland daylight savings time so now post work rides are impossible. Picking up a plant and finals soccer game for the youngest.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning and all that jazz! I went to bed at 7:45 last night. WTF was up with that? I could not stay awake though. Got 10 solid hours of sleep in. I'm about to head out for an 18 mile run.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Still buzzing from a great ride last night. We finished on a descent that is south facing, just as the sun was setting, lighting up the trail in a golden/red light as we surfed down the longest descent around here in about 6" of leaves the whole way down. it was awesome.

First time I've been starting to feel good on the bike since accident too, so has really boosted my morale.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Orange puked up something nasty last night, with a little blood in it. We got him some stomach stuff, so hopefully he feels a little better today.

Need to see if I can squeeze a ride in today while the weather is nice...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nope, but some forests are closed during the dark hours to protect wildlife. My local MTB trails are officially only open once a week for night riding as a compromise.
That's silly. What wildlife needs protecting at night, but doesn't during the day?

If anything, it should be the other way around - closed to protect bike riders from wildlife. A few encounters with groups of coyotes and bears has proven this for me. :busted:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Feeling raw, one to many crown and cokes last night.
:wave:

:stupid:

Tied one on last night. Been quite some time and now I remember why. Oof.....
:imstupid:

And I didn't even drink that much. Halloween party at the in-laws last night. The combination of a few beers, way too much processed cheese-like product drizzled over tortilla chips, breathing in diesel exhaust for 30 minutes during the "hay" ride (really just a flatbed trailer towed by an old-ass Ford tractor) and getting to bed way too late has me feeling pretty shitty this morning. Hopefully a ride clears it all out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Elder kid had some puking ailment last night

Peloton time and maybe watching a movie with her is in order as wife and other two kids go to brunch and the Halloween concert at the Colorado Symphony

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So apparently Greenville rd out in front of the horse facility is the Saturday night meeting ground for men with small dicks and loud vehicles to drag race. Fucking assholes were out until 2am last night.

going to be a long day

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Woke up to a painfull mid left side of my back. Naproxsyn fixed that right up. Watched one of friends ride her best scoring FEI ride yet. So cool. In about 30 minutes I get to watch what we call a Century ride. The combined age of the horse and rider exceed 100. Very rare to see. I will be Courtside jump bag in hand.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
K1 this am. Haven't been since league on the 4th and you can tell with Haley's driving. She was struggling with a few of her lines where having the kart intentionally loose is key. She's getting used to her kart with better tires, and tracks with traction. Tuesday should be fun.

Study and more kart work today.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Today is the last Sunday of Daylight Savings Time. Next weekend it will be dark at 5:30, thus ushering in the season of moar depression.

Going for a short ride in a bit just to take advantage of that last hour. Don’t really wanna ride but I need to be in the woods.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Survived field hockey season and now we are on to the cold dark days. Syd was unanimously voted as the 1st team all star goalie for our section 2 sports....amazing!!!!! She totally deserves the honor and really was the standout player in our league. Going to look at a Honda CRV for her later (fingers crossed) so hopefully she will have her own car soon!

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
30 mile semi-exploratory ride in the books. A little road, a lot of bike path, a little dirt and a little gravel. Recently discovered some other bike paths that tie into my usual ride. I think I could do 50 miles or more, and never really leave a protected path.