Quantcast

∞≠∆ Thursday gmt ∆≠∞

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hey lmao. 5 mile run done in a beautiful 30 degrees. Kind of tired from last night's run, so it was a bit of a slog. Got a follow up appointment with the GI doc this morning. My red blood and ferritin are low, but I don't think he can be of much help.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
well hello there

attempted an FTP test this morning. Did NOT go well. 10 minutes in and I couldn't go any further. I think 5 am might be too early for such an effort- I need a little awake time and to fuel up properly. Fine for low effort workouts and even sprints, but I just could not go any further. Was doing awesome at the start and for about 8 minutes, then I just bonked hard.

Also, I got rid of the alfa.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you live in denver you should be seeing the black angels tonight....

just saying.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Debating taking my test early this am. Working through my coffee and will decide.

Currently 39* and Haley decided that she wanted to wear a jean skirt to school. Her argument? It's going to be 60* today. Well yes, but it's currently 39* and the walk is 3/4 of a mile. But cheerio!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Turdsderp. Need to find a way out of a weekly meeting happening later today. Its one of those things where no progress has been made on majority of the items since the last meeting, so I'll just be presenting failures and when asked why all I can do is shrug my shoulders and point at the clock.

Even told my boss yesterday, after he asked how I'm doing, that I've spent more times in meetings lately than doing any actual work.

Oh well.
Currently 39* and Haley decided that she wanted to wear a jean skirt to school. Her argument? It's going to be 60* today. Well yes, but it's currently 39* and the walk is 3/4 of a mile. But cheerio!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ordered a new Iphone 13 Pro. My old 8 the battery is worn out. Now to see if the boss is willing to pay of it. If not so be it as I am not logging around an Iphone SE.

Worked from home today. I like I am able to take a break in the garden. Sure more motivating than looking out over a parking lot in some industrial part of Copenhagen.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Here. Debating taking my test early this am. Working through my coffee and will decide.

be bold, start cold.
that kid is goin' places, I tell you what

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
our new cats are 6 months on the dot today. both are big getting bigger, the larger of the 2 is over 9lbs, his brother is only about a half pound behind.

today was also Obi's last day of FIP treatment. 12 weeks of daily injections. it was challenging, but we are very happy that it seems to have been successful.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@Sandwich what'd you get? Settle for mediocrity and get the CX-5 after all?

/me is getting the Land Cruiser's wheelset swapped over to the Nokian/Tundra OEM wheels as I work today. Seeing Eternals tonight, and expecting visual prettiness and a lame story from what I've read.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
attempted an FTP test this morning. Did NOT go well. 10 minutes in and I couldn't go any further. I think 5 am might be too early for such an effort- I need a little awake time and to fuel up properly.
I have given up on the hard efforts first thing in the morning. I just can't get it going. I save them for after work. Even my hard morning run workouts are 30 sec/mile slower than they are in the afternoon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks for that. My last FTP test was on a saturday afternoon, I may as well repeat it. I was just doing so well in the warmup and efforts up to it, then bonked. My guess is trying to do serious, hard efforts fasted is stupid.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Foggy out so of course the drive in was a shit-show, but here I sit fucking off and getting paid for it.

you're aware people are review bombing it because its not all white people right?
Is that the reason, or does it actually suck? Marvel post Endgame has been pretty shitty, though I haven't seen Shang-Chi, and heard lots of good stuff about it, but then I also heard rave reviews of Black Widow and it was goddamn garbage.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@Sandwich what'd you get? Settle for mediocrity and get the CX-5 after all?

/me is getting the Land Cruiser's wheelset swapped over to the Nokian/Tundra OEM wheels as I work today. Seeing Eternals tonight, and expecting visual prettiness and a lame story from what I've read.

Somewhere between mediocrity and the Alfa is where I liked to think I ended up. It's a V6, AWD, 2018 G80 with 12k miles on the clock. Gets adequate gas mileage based on this morning's very cold commute, but the sound system is spectacular, it's extremely spacious, and it's fast enough to not be a liability. I'm shocked the car isn't CPO, but I don't think CPO genesii are really a thing in many places. If you look closely, there's a gnarly scratch behind the front wheel, but that's the only damage. The tires are practically new.

Just to remind me that life is never easy, there's still a bit of sunroof squeek/rattle for me to chase.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
well, the "reviews" were posted before the movie was even released by people who hadn't seen it and were complaining that marvel was being too "woke" so i'll let you draw your own conclusions.
Ah yeah, those are probably basement dwellers. Fuckin guys ruin it, Captain Marvel was Meh at best, but you couldn't say that lest you be labeled a basement dweller too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ah yeah, those are probably basement dwellers. Fuckin guys ruin it, Captain Marvel was Meh at best, but you couldn't say that lest you be labeled a basement dweller too.
the actual reviews i've seen by actual movie critics who have actually seen the movie say its worth seeing, but isn't necessarily marvels best work. general impression is that the source material is a bit different than what we're used to seeing from marvel. but that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

i don't do movie theaters, so i'll be waiting until its on disney+

edit: full disclosure - i think part of it is peoples expectations of what a marvel movie is and should be don't line up. i'm not expecting high brow cinema.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thanks for that. My last FTP test was on a saturday afternoon, I may as well repeat it. I was just doing so well in the warmup and efforts up to it, then bonked. My guess is trying to do serious, hard efforts fasted is stupid.
You have enough glycogen in your muscles that 20 minutes of _anything_ shouldn't be a problem fasted. An hour, sure, you'll bonk if at glycolytic levels.

Is that the reason, or does it actually suck? Marvel post Endgame has been pretty shitty, though I haven't seen Shang-Chi, and heard lots of good stuff about it, but then I also heard rave reviews of Black Widow and it was goddamn garbage.
Shang Chi was fun. Approve. Black Widow was fine in my book: not the best, not the worst.