Quantcast

∞|∞|∞ Sabado ∞|∞|∞

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Morning freaks,

Absolute downpour here in the PNW

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 7.05.04 AM.png

Ramblings.......

After an 8 year hiatus off the bikes I have realized why peeps think cycling is such an expensive sport. Even though all my stuff is in storage I dont feel like driving a day and spending a weekend opening totes as a cycling gear/tools guessing game.

Buys a bike $1200
Needs new bars and saddle. $200
Needs pedals $120
Needs shoes for the pedals $150
Need a pedal wrench to instal said pedals $40
Need chamois $120
Need socks $40
Need a helmet $150
Need rain clothing $200
Need gloves $80
Need a pump $40
Need a light $40

Blah blah blah.....

Amazon hates me right meow

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Glad I don't live near any of the burn zones. We have an atmospheric river sliding into the west coast, Supposed to start raining here tonight and continue through Thursday with heavy Downpours. Gotta go clean my rain gutters and put away all the garden stuff that would otherwise get ruined.

But first I need some espresso although I am nicely refreshed from over 8 hours of sleep (badly needed).

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
another round of snow - freezing rain - rain - deep freeze. I shall do fuck all to-day. watching Dune now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
YO! 35 degrees and raining this morning, and I ran a 10K race in that bullshit. That weather is actually good for running fast, but it is insta-freeze once you stop running and it sucks to stand around in waiting for the race to start. Anyway, I ran well. 40:30 race time and 5th place overall.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
JHFC. Day started off okay, but rotten mood now.

Little dog often nips at bigger dog's legs when we get home and they are excited. Ordinarily, big dog tolerates this, but every now and again she snaps and fights back. Last time, little dog ended up with a laceration. It happened again today. No injuries were sustained, but I had to level a solid boot into big dog to break things up. It's all left me upset. I don't need this shit. Also don't know how to deal with it, short of separate them when we leave.

Last edited:

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
65 degrees out today. No storms, yet, here in western NC. Chance of thunderstorms this afternoon from the front that ravaged Kentucky. Man, I am truly sad for those folks..

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
On my way out the door last night I managed to cut the tip of a finger on my right hand exactly a day after the finger tip cut on the opposite hand healed enough to not sting once solvents and hot water hit it. Pants have some blood stains and did't notice this morning until it was too late to do anything about it.

So anyone else have blood on their clothes at work today ?

As I was walking around the corner I notice a package in front of a studio that never gets deliveries so I checked the address. It was my materials order that wasn't supposed to be here until Monday. So that was cool I guess. Not real comfortable with UPS leaving boxes of precious metals just laying around though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I like this “having a ski house” bit, perhaps in part because it aggravates ‘woo.

Aya had skiing day 2 today. She got cold and thus unhappy but she’s really doing great for second day and still not being 3 years old and all. And I’m totally content to shepherd her for a few hours then hang at the house since the snow cover is still poor, even after this week’s storm.

Back to Denver tomorrow: Lion King to see. Kids all tested negative on Thursday afternoon in preparation for this (kid 2 being fully vaccinated since July but still opting to test, and kid 1 being 1 day shy tomorrow from the 2 weeks-after-shot-2 point.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Front rain gutter was 3/4 full of leaves and decomposed stuff. took 45 minutes to clean it out including dismantling and flushing out a plugged down spout pipe. Only one side gutter needed cleaning , so two out of 6 wasn't too bad. Front yard edged and mowed back yard edged now to scoop poop and mow then clean up the gutter mess on the concrete pad on the camper storage side of the house.

Shrimp enchiladas for dinner tonight