Sep 21, 2001
greensboro be chilly and shit...

rental car has no cruise...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
gotcha, i wasn't sure if he was like fresh out of college, or someone that actually had some experience. no mention of attendance issues when checking references?
none, zero indicator. I don't know if HR confirmed work history, but I didn't. There may have been a red flag there that I missed, leaning toward the benefit of the doubt.

What's extra frustrating is that my boss seems to be leaning toward "let's have another conversation" and not "PIP it or quit it". My patience has been tested and now i don't have faith that he will show up when I need him to. Any time sensitive work will be on me because I don't believe that he can deliver.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Love to see a couple shots of you’re Hard Work and Monies spent.

Avy
Here’s what I started with, a roughly 70-80 year old garden shed based on the framing lumber being nominal.

59D36657-DFDA-4F71-8FE4-AD7F74A266C5.jpeg

I kept a lot of the original framing, just added on height. The front wall and roof is all new framing, however. Big window in front is a piece of double pane glass I got at Habitat For Humanity Restore, as is the back window that you can’t see. Kept the original “foundation” and floor, but built a new subfloor on top of that. Inside is 60% dry walled, will finish that and put in final flooring after the HVAC is installed today. Had some guys stucco it. I’m beyond stoked on how it’s turning out, just taking me forever.

2EA79FC2-8D98-448B-A13C-36C6405448DB.jpeg

I put the metal roof on since this picture was taken, also.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Snowed here and was sleeting/freezing rain for the morning commute. Syd seemed to handle driving in her first snow of the season storm so that's a bonus. LONG day today but that just means is almost Friday.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've been using the term bong shed for ages... I may have even been the one who introduced the term here
I know I got the term from here, so if it was you that introduced it then thank you.

To add to the story a bit, we have a root cellar just behind our house that Teh Spousal Unit™ kept calling the Weed Cellar. Since she kept calling it that, I started calling the shed the Bong Shed™ and now it's just stuck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I know I got the term from here, so if it was you that introduced it then thank you.

To add to the story a bit, we have a root cellar just behind our house that Teh Spousal Unit™ kept calling the Weed Cellar. Since she kept calling it that, I started calling the shed the Bong Shed™ and now it's just stuck.
Wait. You have a Weed Cellar *and* a Bong Shed? :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You might be right. It seemed all to appropriate to me, so it stuck.

I definitely remember using the phrase and explaining to a few people

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I've been trying to cut back on drinking and limit booze consumption to 1x weeknight.

mercifully I'm going to need one tonight and wednesday is my designated boozing day. My report is another no-call/no-show, so it's probably PIP time and door time shortly. Fuck.
Screw the PIP you already know he is going to blow that off. Show his ass the door and be done with him.