Quantcast

∫∫∫∫∫∫ Tuesday GTM ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Super mild weather still and I am still super happy I got out to ride yesterday. I do have to see what the bike things about it as it got wet and the dropper did start to stay down a couple of times.

I have been experiencing some kind of mid life crisis lately I think. It's not buying a sport car and running a marathon it's more a new need to have a more challenging job in a more dynamic company. I also feel the lack of size and scope in Denmark and wouldn't mind working more internationally. I need to set a plan for this and find out how I can execute and not go crazy in the meantime.

Made a quick stop at my rhododendron pusher and picked up some more dwarf plants. I do love plants and it's something that gives me joy and some piece of mind together with bike riding.

Anyway sorry to kick off Tuesday in Debbie Downer mode.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Make sure you’re getting your vitamin D my dude! :D
I really enjoyed Danish corporate culture, I found it efficient and professional with a good work life balance for the most part, compared to most other places I have worked (most of the anglosphere). The corporate grass isn’t always greener but I must say the riding is though! Just remember absolutely everything has a flip side eh?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Make sure you’re getting your vitamin D my dude! :D
I really enjoyed Danish corporate culture, I found it efficient and professional with a good work life balance for the most part, compared to most other places I have worked (most of the anglosphere). The corporate grass isn’t always greener but I must say the riding is though! Just remember absolutely everything has a flip side eh?
Take my vitamin every morning :-)

I am fully aware the grass is not greener but larger team and more scope would make a difference. Like I talked to a recruiter last week with a CMO role with double the staff I have today and I would be part of the management team in the company. That could be a good challenge and next step.

One of the reasons we moved here was the work life balance as we did not have much time with our boys both shorter work days and much more vacation time. Not complaining about that but this can still be combine with a more challenging job.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Third day in a four day marathon to complete my 35 items list of shit to get done before winter. :twitch:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Kid to urgent care yesterday afternoon, thought maybe she'd broken a couple fingers at fight club a couple days ago as she was still saying they hurt and were still swollen. Doc/x-ray showed nothing, so bad sprain was all, but 3 hours we will never get back.

Seem to be setting in to another depressive cycle, so I've got that going on. :hmm:

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Kid to urgent care yesterday afternoon, thought maybe she'd broken a couple fingers at fight club a couple days ago as she was still saying they hurt and we're still swollen. Doc/x-ray showed nothing, so bad sprain was all, but 3 hours we will never get back.

Seem to be setting in to another depressive cycle, so I've got that going on. :hmm:
SAD is a thing. You are not alone.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Went for a post dinner ride, thought I'd go a little bit further tonight, got to my destination and turned out to see a lot of lightning.
The ride home was a bit quicker, but I did have to avoid some frogs on the return trip.

A nearby transformer went boom not long after getting home, those suckers make a big bang!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Duty calls, so I shall go into work today. Well, after my morning coffee that is. Don't wanna rush it.

Old college friend is in town this week and wants to meet up. Oddly, I've been wondering if our relationship has run its course. He's started sliding into some right wing looniness, which isn't how I roll, nor did I even get a simple acknowledgement after our kid was born. That still bothers me. Like, I get it, you have no desire to have kids, but the least you can do is offer some measure of congratulations after one of your better friends has one...right?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Kid 3 sick with respiratory schmutz again. Wife going to hang with her today and I will tomorrow if she’s out.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Like, I get it, you have no desire to have kids, but the least you can do is offer some measure of congratulations after one of your better friends has one...right?
Don't take it very personally. People without kids just don't understand this whole kids thing. I can't recognize my neighbor kids' faces or remember their names after having lived here forever now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man lol. I am working in the office today and forgot my food sack at home. GOD DAMMIT.

I kind of feel like we're down to the last few days with our old dog. She needs more and more help, and she can't even sleep comfortably any more. Making that decision was easy with our last dog and two cats because they all got cancer and it was clearly time to let them go, but this pup isn't sick and is just getting very old. She still eats like a pig though and enjoys her short walks outside. It's just tough to know when she has no more quality of life. Bah.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Don't take it very personally. People without kids just don't understand this whole kids thing. I can't recognize my neighbor kids' faces or remember their names after having lived here forever now.
Yea, but to not acknowledge a major life event for one of your best friends? Seems weird to me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey man lol. I am working in the office today and forgot my food sack at home. GOD DAMMIT.

I kind of feel like we're down to the last few days with our old dog. She needs more and more help, and she can't even sleep comfortably any more. Making that decision was easy with our last dog and two cats because they all got cancer and it was clearly time to let them go, but this pup isn't sick and is just getting very old. She still eats like a pig though and enjoys her short walks outside. It's just tough to know when she has no more quality of life. Bah.
that's how our last cat went. just old. wasn't one major thing, but a combination of a bunch of smaller things. i still miss him.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
No.

Duty calls, so I shall go into work today. Well, after my morning coffee that is. Don't wanna rush it.

Old college friend is in town this week and wants to meet up. Oddly, I've been wondering if our relationship has run its course. He's started sliding into some right wing looniness, which isn't how I roll, nor did I even get a simple acknowledgement after our kid was born. That still bothers me. Like, I get it, you have no desire to have kids, but the least you can do is offer some measure of congratulations after one of your better friends has one...right?
I went separate ways with many friends after I had kids. It's just a completely different lifestyle with different priorities, and they won't understand until they have kids (if they ever do). I reunited with some of them after they had their own kids, and a few even apologized for being assholes about the whole thing. That said, most of the friends I parted ways with were not extremely close friends, more like close acquaintances. May be worth trying to maintain a relationship if they were a very close friend.

The right wing looniness thing may be a horse of a different color, though...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
It's not so much about party affiliation; I have no problem with people who are conservative or liberal. It's when they become so entrenched into extreme viewpoints, and those viewpoints inform every little thing about them, that they become insufferable to be around.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
American custom of picking friends based on their party affiliation is just weird.
Ya, I think it’s pretty odd too. I think it’s more to do with intelligence and compassion. (Not going on a rant I promise).

I am a liberal in the Ag world, I am quite the minority in political views. Most of my friends are very strong the other way. But we can have calm debates and not yell at each other. I will say that the are not racist Q following idiots, just normal (I vote that way because I always do) folks.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
counterpoint: i've seen some people i used to be friends with become pretty blatantly racist, in no small part due to said party affiliation.
On top, Americans are also extremely judgemental.
I see it every day here in MA. Whenever I'm introduced to someone new, I'm immediately tested for political affiliation. Always.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
American custom of picking friends based on their party affiliation is just weird.
Absolutely agree. If I have a different ideology than someone I consider a friend, why even talk about it? Seems like a dumb thing to loose a friend over. However, as @Poops McDougal mentioned if their identity is tied to politics and they won't shut up about it, then it can become difficult.