Quantcast

⏰⏰⏰ W-turd GMT ⏰⏰⏰

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I don't have much hope for today - rain, meetings, rain, meetings. Will the turd wingdings show up?

Edit: nope, they did not.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Clock wing dings show up on my samsung tablet and phone, previous plane wing dings showed up as cartoon like planes on the telephone and jets on the tablet. How any of this is better than aliens is beyound me.

In other news... in bed super early last night due to too much activity, restless sleep and now up before 5. Also wierd freaky ass dream about being pick pocketed by gypsies... I should go back to bed.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Clock wing dings show up on my samsung tablet and phone, previous plane wing dings showed up as cartoon like planes on the telephone and jets on the tablet. How any of this is better than aliens is beyound me.

In other news... in bed super early last night due to too much activity, restless sleep and now up before 5. Also wierd freaky ass dream about being pick pocketed by gypsies... I should go back to bed.
Pretty sure your dream means you need to kill a drifter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What an awesome morning! All the rain from yesterday turned to ice on my patio and driveway. Almost pooped in my pants trying to get to the car. Then I pull up to the gas station and realize my @kazlx wallet is at home.........so had to do the whole ice gymnastics dance to my apartment, again. :rofl:

At least there is coffee in the pot here at work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
following three nights of practically no sleep, I was in bed at 8:20 last night, and out by 9. No more screen-time for me in bed, I think it's bad. I woke up at 4 however, and was worried I wouldn't go back to sleep, but I did. Still don't feel refreshed, I think it's gonna take a few nights to recover... insomnia sucks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
following three nights of practically no sleep, I was in bed at 8:20 last night, and out by 9. No more screen-time for me in bed, I think it's bad. I woke up at 4 however, and was worried I wouldn't go back to sleep, but I did. Still don't feel refreshed, I think it's gonna take a few nights to recover... insomnia sucks.
wake in the night make a pipe out of anything

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Slushy mess on the commute in. A week since the snow hit, no rain and sub freezing temps made hard packed ice. Portland needs to learn a better strategy than "let it melt" :rofl:

Now there is fears of flooding, should be a fun week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
T minus 2 days to the Trumpocolypse. Need to hit the b-shed supply house to stock up to prep for the likely impending return to prohibition.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Slushy mess on the commute in. A week since the snow hit, no rain and sub freezing temps made hard packed ice. Portland needs to learn a better strategy than "let it melt"
That sounds like my commute except that it was still frozen because 22 degrees, and I was on my bicycle.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just submitted my request for vacation in Feb. Going to take the family to AZ to visit my aunt and uncle and cousins. The plan is to spend a couple of days in Phoenix, a couple of days at the Grand Canyon, and (I hope) a couple of days in Sedona.

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for family friendly things to do at the Grand Canyon and Sedona? My boys are 4 and 6, so giant hikes aren't really on the table.

The things I'd like to do (besides take off for a couple of rides here and there) is:
-hike the cow patties with the boys
-visit the Walnut Canyon and Wupatki National Monuments
-visit Montezuma's castle
-maybe... visit Jerome? (I drove through with my guide in 2015 on the way to ride Mingus, and it seemed like a cool place).
-I don't know much about the Grand Canyon, and what can be done there with a 4&6 y.o.... any suggestions? Any suggestions on places to stay would be appreciated.

This will be the week of Feb 12-19...

Thanks guys...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
T minus 2 days to the Trumpocolypse. Need to hit the b-shed supply house to stock up to prep for the likely impending return to prohibition.
That will be a very difficult Genie to put back in the bottle.

I'm hoping to complete my collection of Dentist level, expensive German power tools before Cheeto Jesus imposes a 35% tariff on imports.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just submitted my request for vacation in Feb. Going to take the family to AZ to visit my aunt and uncle and cousins. The plan is to spend a couple of days in Phoenix, a couple of days at the Grand Canyon, and (I hope) a couple of days in Sedona.

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for family friendly things to do at the Grand Canyon and Sedona? My boys are 4 and 6, so giant hikes aren't really on the table.

The things I'd like to do (besides take off for a couple of rides here and there) is:
-hike the cow patties with the boys
-visit the Walnut Canyon and Wupatki National Monuments
-visit Montezuma's castle
-maybe... visit Jerome? (I drove through with my guide in 2015 on the way to ride Mingus, and it seemed like a cool place).
-I don't know much about the Grand Canyon, and what can be done there with a 4&6 y.o.... any suggestions? Any suggestions on places to stay would be appreciated.

This will be the week of Feb 12-19...

Thanks guys...
Grand Canyon is likely gonna be cold and snowy/icy. That said - lots to do/see on the South Rim with kids. Just take a jaunt on the rim trail as far as is reasonable and then ride the shuttle bus the rest of the way to sites on the rim. Def take a drive out to Grandview and Desert View.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That will be a very difficult Genie to put back in the bottle.

I'm hoping to complete my collection of Dentist level, expensive German power tools before Cheeto Jesus imposes a 35% tariff on imports.
I could see a movement for West Coast Secession if Sessions tries to strong arm prohibition.

Ha, secession because of Sessions.