Quantcast

┌‍∩‍┐(Saturday)┌‍∩‍┐

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ah, glorious weather day. Mid 60s, overcast and threatening rain, with a cool, but not too cool breeze. Yes please.

Now to go help my parents deal with my grandparents house. Almost time to put their house on the market and close out this chapter.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Not riding with @6thElement but riding something high none-the-less. Then meeting people at 3pm to show them the truck camper... hoping they like it well enough to buy it. Stay safe out there y'all... don't get hit by a truck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
denali national park....anyone on here been there?
yup. 2006 or 2007. Vast place. Bus ride in is long.
Not riding with @6thElement but riding something high none-the-less. Then meeting people at 3pm to show them the truck camper... hoping they like it well enough to buy it. Stay safe out there y'all... don't get hit by a truck.
How are the ribs, E. Marvolo C.?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
yup. 2006 or 2007. Vast place. Bus ride in is long.
mosquitoes bad when you went?..

how long did you stay....

30yrs ago when you could drive yourself around and it was possible to get back country passes on short notice. Awesome place.
parents lived in alaska in the 60's when dad was stationed in alaske in the army....like his dad...stationed in alaska during WWII...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I may have done something bad to my back when I piled in on Thursday. Really uncomfortable mid back yesterday, remains the same, if not worse, this morning.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in other news....flights into calgary for may of next year are pretty fucking cheap.....if only we are ever allowed back in....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
denali national park....anyone on here been there?
Yep. Kind of a hard park to see unless you wanna pay out the ass for their long bus ride, or do a backcountry trip. Even then, due to the mountain creating its own weather, less people see the mountain than do.

If you can swing it, charter a sight seeing plane out of Talkeetna. Best way to see the park, IMO. Talkeetna is a fun little town and the birch syrup place on the road in is a welcome stop.

Awesome free camp site along the river here: 62.176102, -150.179321

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys

Hot water heater swap in the house, should be interesting. It looks pretty straight forward, so there is a good chance I can still fuck it up.

On a lighter note, work set out an email with the idea of telecommuting as a perm option since things aren't worse with everyone home. So the boss man approved and this might be my new normal. At least 4 days a week and I might just come in like a day or two a month.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yep. Kind of a hard park to see unless you wanna pay out the ass for their long bus ride, or do a backcountry trip.

Awesome free camp site along the river here: 62.176102, -150.179321
hmmmmmm......google earth.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mosquitoes bad when you went?..

how long did you stay....
I don’t recall mosquitos being bad. Just went for day—was in Fairbanks for 6 weeks. On bus for 4 hrs maybe? Hiked around a few hours, bused back. Full day. Didn’t see Denali due to clouds despite being a fair ways up the park.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
This is my office view for today. Waiting for Covid tests on Madeira. They are super organized here and everyone speaks english. Unless I come up as positive tomorrow is enduro bro day. Today is read a book for work I promised to read 4 weeks ago.

Also tickets here cost the same as doing the test in Poland so it's a no brainer :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Hanging out in Bozeman...

Was supposed to ride Big Sky's bike park with @rideit today, but i fucked up my neck/upper back moving my kid into the dorms. :mad:
There's a gummy for this predicament...

Saw this swamp donkey on yesterdays lazy river float:

IMG_20200814_185454971_HDR.jpg

Kids finally got a chance to test the janky rope swing (passable, but not long enough rope to swing very far...)

IMG_20200814_191322371.jpg

And in the "there's always hope for next year" feel good news story, as this year is my least bike days since I started riding bikes in '91 (excluding year rehab after near fatal jimmydean...)

Attachments

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Late night, early morning. Spent the morning balancing finances and such, then errands this afternoon. Back to working on the bench tomorrow.

For the first time in a long time I completely lost my shit yesterday because of work and Haley combined. I spent the last few months on a new account (for me) getting access to the benefits director and through her the employees, then putting together a marketing plan that she was on board with to get that access. The prior rep and I now share coverage, with me being the effective senior rep (as I am on the team in general), but her not having been told directly by our manager. I had our admin putting together a bunch of materials for me so that we could go through, make edits, etc, then send based on our long-term marketing plan that was put in place. I spent over an hour getting Haley to eat lunch and during that hour, my admin sent us the materials. The other rep couldn't get a hold of me immediately, so she wrote a hacked email and sent everything along. That included non-edited emails for distribution, a flyer for an upcoming webinar with the wrong date, and an Excel sheet with a data set the benefits director should not have access to (balances). We're doing a targeted marketing plan in a few weeks and the data set was for that group, but the unedited email sent was for the total population noting to send it to just the targeted group, so it would have gone to the wrong people.

The hour I spent fighting with Haley to get her to decide what she wanted for lunch and then to eat it, led to me having to walk back to this client hoping that she hadn't distributed all of this stuff, begging for forgiveness, then spending the next four hours with my admin (who was supposed to be done early yesterday) doing all the editing and fixing materials that needed to be done for now immediate distribution. I had to get the guy one level up on a client-interaction hierarchy (also done for the day) involved because of the data leakage, and didn't get any of my normal work done until after my normal day was over. I was working until after 8pm last night and didn't even finish what I had planned to do yesterday to start with. I was so livid that my hands were shaking while I typed for the better part of the four hours I spent dealing with it. I have a solid day worth of work to do sometime this weekend, so we'll see when I can find time to do my other stuff too. Probably a lot of early mornings and late nights for the next week while I try to get caught up...

And I can't even go for a short, close to home ride because my Reverb has been sent back to RockShox for warranty. FTS with a rusty razor.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Three hour MTB done with wife, splat, and six others. Not sure what I enjoyed more, the ride or spending three hours with friends. I guess all of it together made for one great morning. Food after was a buffalo chicken wrap with a side of curly fries that was too large for one person but I ate them all anyway because I am a fat sack of shit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. Late night, early morning. Spent the morning balancing finances and such, then errands this afternoon. Back to working on the bench tomorrow.

For the first time in a long time I completely lost my shit yesterday because of work and Haley combined. I spent the last few months on a new account (for me) getting access to the benefits director and through her the employees, then putting together a marketing plan that she was on board with to get that access. The prior rep and I now share coverage, with me being the effective senior rep (as I am on the team in general), but her not having been told directly by our manager. I had our admin putting together a bunch of materials for me so that we could go through, make edits, etc, then send based on our long-term marketing plan that was put in place. I spent over an hour getting Haley to eat lunch and during that hour, my admin sent us the materials. The other rep couldn't get a hold of me immediately, so she wrote a hacked email and sent everything along. That included non-edited emails for distribution, a flyer for an upcoming webinar with the wrong date, and an Excel sheet with a data set the benefits director should not have access to (balances). We're doing a targeted marketing plan in a few weeks and the data set was for that group, but the unedited email sent was for the total population noting to send it to just the targeted group, so it would have gone to the wrong people.

The hour I spent fighting with Haley to get her to decide what she wanted for lunch and then to eat it, led to me having to walk back to this client hoping that she hadn't distributed all of this stuff, begging for forgiveness, then spending the next four hours with my admin (who was supposed to be done early yesterday) doing all the editing and fixing materials that needed to be done for now immediate distribution. I had to get the guy one level up on a client-interaction hierarchy (also done for the day) involved because of the data leakage, and didn't get any of my normal work done until after my normal day was over. I was working until after 8pm last night and didn't even finish what I had planned to do yesterday to start with. I was so livid that my hands were shaking while I typed for the better part of the four hours I spent dealing with it. I have a solid day worth of work to do sometime this weekend, so we'll see when I can find time to do my other stuff too. Probably a lot of early mornings and late nights for the next week while I try to get caught up...

And I can't even go for a short, close to home ride because my Reverb has been sent back to RockShox for warranty. FTS with a rusty razor.
happy nothing in the noggin popped.....