Quantcast

□■□■thursday gfmt.■□■□

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Trump is in town so driving anywhere is a risk for delay, will take the hard tail to the trails. I pumped the tires up to 50PSI in case I get challenged by a bike path roadie on the way. :) There is a nice breeze so the ride should be primo delish.*

* stolen from a 12 year girl who seemed cool.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yay I rode my bike for a few minutes tonight and my calf muscle is healed up enough to allow a full pain free rotation. I still can't put any force behind it but I can spin easy. Road bike on the fluid trainer for rehab is looming, it's a few more days out though. At least I can now walk at a brisk pace pain free. Did 7 miles today..WIN

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Infiniti called and the instrument cluster is failing again. It's brand new; replaced 3 months ago. Also the master cylinder is leaking. Glad we coined up for the warranty on it. I think we'll be getting rid of it when the warranty expires. My likelihood of buying another Infiniti/Nissan is dropping quickly.
Both being replaced under warranty. Warranty is good until 7/31/31 or 99,999 miles. I know when we're selling it.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Big Brother lives.
Totally and now they are putting up stationary speed cameras too. I think the van I that got me they are required to have a person in the car. Oh well the new Volvo will have radar cruise control and I can just set the speed and now worry plus its an SUV not made for sporty driving.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yay I rode my bike for a few minutes tonight and my calf muscle is healed up enough to allow a full pain free rotation. I still can't put any force behind it but I can spin easy. Road bike on the fluid trainer for rehab is looming, it's a few more days out though. At least I can now walk at a brisk pace pain free. Did 7 miles today..WIN
be careful, and ease back into it. I once did some sort of micro-tear to my calf where it inserts behind the knee (either the medial head of the gastroc or the popliteus). I did it while running. walking became painful. This was about 3 weeks before heading to whistler for a trailbike trip. It healed enough to ride flat pedals if I brought my foot far enough forward on the pedals. So I brought my DH bike instead, and while my buddies killed themselves in the valley, I rode park! I still rented a bike for a day and rode comfortably numb. Pretty much at the end of the climbing (about 2.5 hours worth), my calf popped again, and I couldn't pedal. I had to push up the climbs and then ride my clipless pedals as though they were flats on the descents. It sucked.

All this to say, I recommend easing back into riding... don't overdo it, lest it tears again.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
be careful, and ease back into it. I once did some sort of micro-tear to my calf where it inserts behind the knee (either the medial head of the gastroc or the popliteus). I did it while running. walking became painful. This was about 3 weeks before heading to whistler for a trailbike trip. It healed enough to ride flat pedals if I brought my foot far enough forward on the pedals. So I brought my DH bike instead, and while my buddies killed themselves in the valley, I rode park! I still rented a bike for a day and rode comfortably numb. Pretty much at the end of the climbing (about 2.5 hours worth), my calf popped again, and I couldn't pedal. I had to push up the climbs and then ride my clipless pedals as though they were flats on the descents. It sucked.

All this to say, I recommend easing back into riding... don't overdo it, lest it tears again.
Trust me, no real rides for a while. I only tooled around a flat block. I will be on the trainer with minimal resistance just spinning easy for weeks.