Quantcast

□■□ Monday GMT □■□

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Oh, hello.
Great skiing this weekend and another storm parking in the mtns today. Woot!

Big ol bunch of stuff to post up for sale on CL. Anybody need...anything?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

First day of school after the Christmas break today, so I can only assume the drive to work is going to be a complete clusterfuck. We'll see...

Major fail for myself this weekend, I forgot to buy more coffee.

Big ol bunch of stuff to post up for sale on CL. Anybody need...anything?
I need a Samsonite briefcase full of moneys.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'Mornin. -2°F. Feels like -17 with wind. It was a chilly walk into work this morning. Though I'm always astounded at how much warmth a wool sweater can pump out when you're being active. I had to open my jacket as I was overheating with the sweater on underneath. And this is just a fleece lined softshell jacket, so nothing really warm at all.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Fun day doing some snowy trail work with @jackalope yesterday. Pups were stoked. Hopefully moar of the same today.

Cedar harvest
IMG_4084.JPG

This guy isn't sketchy at all.
FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Happiest of trail pups. Not often you see frozen puddles here...
FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

Made a delicious teriyaki salmon with soba noodles over the weekend and got in a good lifting session in the gym last night that I predict will cripple me at some point here.

I will also be trading in my XC skis this weekend for a set of these as they look neat as hell:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Had the little one's first ski lessons of the season yesterday morning. Too damn windy and cold for my liking so spent that time in the lodge shooting the sh!t with the other parents (some of which are my friends).

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Kids school cancelled today due to XTREME ICE. :think:

Since wife is out of town thru Thursday, guess I'll be calling in to my meetings.

Gonna be up in the 60s by the end of the week. Mountains are calling for a fuckit Friday!

It's gonna be a many-coffee morning.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sadly it appears my ski boots are toast. Ah, well...it was a good 14 year run.

On the bright side - time for new boots!!
What happened to them? Hole through the shell? :D

I am on a conference call, trying to keep Yuna from climbing on me too much and saying "daddy daddy daddy" into the phone.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Lots of skiing was had. We spent some time trying to shovel our deck so it wouldn't collapse. BEST. WINTER.EVER

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
bunches and bunches of rain yesterday/last night. Areas here and around are flooded. Schools closed, roads closed (repair to Kingsbury gave way, so it's now closed, too), and lots of call-outs at work.

Wind is blowing pretty strong, too, so I may get my kite out......

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
bunches and bunches of rain yesterday/last night. Areas here and around are flooded. Schools closed, roads closed (repair to Kingsbury gave way, so it's now closed, too), and lots of call-outs at work.

Wind is blowing pretty strong, too, so I may get my kite out......
I heard that on the news this morning. Truckee River AND Russian are flooding. Ooof

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My chest is sore from last weeks bike crash and it got worse after 4 hours of soccer and running. Cold today but 58F in couple of days again.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What happened to them? Hole through the shell? :D
Shells are both cracked around the forefoot buckle. I'd imagine the age of the plastic and the amount of reefing I have to do to open them enough to get my feet in finally did them in...

That and I think my feet have gotten longer in my old age has resulted in (hopefully not permanent) nerve damage from compression/cold this past week in my big toes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shells are both cracked around the forefoot buckle. I'd imagine the age of the plastic and the amount of reefing I have to do to open them enough to get my feet in finally did them in...

That and I think my feet have gotten longer in my old age has resulted in (hopefully not permanent) nerve damage from compression/cold this past week in my big toes.
you know, in addition to new boots, you should probably get new bindings and skis and poles while your at it. because safety. just in case.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

That'd do it. I'm not sure if you have local loyalties but I was happy with Larry's bootfitting at, appropriately, Larry's Bootfitting. :D

http://www.larrysbootfitting.com/

Just don't expect to get out of there before a few hours. Popular place but I now have fairly well fitting boots, which given my foot width is absolutely amazing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The news was going nuts about "4"+ snow Saturday, 1"+ ice on Sunday. Stay home, don't go outside!!!" We barely got a dusting late Saturday and it rained all Sunday melting what little crap we got. The wife managed to slip and somehow broke her "good" ankle (she had extensive work early last year on the other). Everything was closed yesterday "due to weather" that turned out to be nothing. Had to go WAY into town to Zoom care, then another Zoom care closer to downtown (Zoom Imaging) to get X-Rays. Crazy how quick it was, minus the driving and the shots were posted on the Zoom care site right after we got home.

We just switched to HSA after the first, see how this goes. It was pretty damn cheap for X-Rays, though. Thanks, Obama.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How the heck did you cope with the pain? I have super tight Lange boots - super precise for tight aggressive skiing - but they are also super painful and cold. I frequently have to jump out of them to get the blood flow to my toes again.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
gff was saying on FB he has something like 4 feet already, and its supposed to snow all week.
:stupid:

The video he posted in the Jeep looked like a hell of a lot of fun. I have in-laws in La Pine that have said the snowmobiling is going to be sweet this year.

I wish GFF still had the track conversion for the moto, I want to try it.

Braaaaap.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
How the heck did you cope with the pain? I have super tight Lange boots - super precise for tight aggressive skiing - but they are also super painful and cold. I frequently have to jump out of them to get the blood flow to my toes again.
Fortunately the cold/tight combo numbed me back to the balls of my feet fairly quickly. But yeah - I had to take numerous breaks. It was so fucking cold. I had my NF Himalayan down mitts with hand warmers and my fingers were STILL getting cold on the tram run. :dead: