Quantcast

□■□Short Post Saturday GMT□■□

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Monkies should be posting from the trail on their phones any minute now, the day has broken. I have lots of cleaning type stuff to do before I can ride guilt free. I better get started.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Riding the University of Colorado A Line later today with the kids. Food trucks by Central Park Station. Should be good.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yo.

Biking is on tap in about an hour. Going to shred some trail.

Huge Subaru meetup tomorrow. Debated putting the summer wheels on today, but there is a chance of snow on Monday, along with sub freezing temperatures. But I think I am going to hold off, I don't want to pull a ///stoney and end up jimmydeaning myself into a ditch.

In other news, I woke up in a panic this morning. Then I panicked some more when I remembered that I was out of TP. Must make note to stop at the store post ride.

Why is it so cold today?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Had amazingly good espresso yesterday, here in Dallas at the Brazil Cafe.

Lots of crazy hooks yesterday.

Sqeeb, any chance you're around Sunday night? My flight lands at 4.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Deciding on appropriate riding location while the snow continues to melt from last weekend.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
last year...sleep/ride in the same week...this year...sleep/stone roses...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Off to Foxboro with the boys for a civilized day of Supercross. Been raining all night, should be fun.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY! I just got back from an easy 15 mile road ride...hardly seems worth the effort. Just staying loose for a half marathon tomorrow. This will be attempt #2 at breaking 1:30.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Commuter rail station opening party was a zoo. Food trucks were present as promised. We didn't ride the train since the line looked ridiculous (although they were running twice as many cars as normal still couldn't handle the demand so parceled out people to board).

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Cleaned out the back yard. It's the first time we've had access to it since the contractors used it during our renos. Kids are out back enjoying it now while I grill up some lamb and veggies. Not too bad. Hope to ride tomorrow after taking good the kids out for a hike to the waterfall again. Pretty decent weekend so far.

Thought the race today was meh despite being "well chuffed" by the result.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Just woke up, right in the middle of a superb duece
That sounds terribly messy. Hopefully you have spare sheets somewhere!!

Pulled some stumps out of the yard this afternoon. I like yard work with forklifts. Other than that I am enjoying the beautiful day and wanting to go for a pedal spin later.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That sounds terribly messy. Hopefully you have spare sheets somewhere!!

Pulled some stumps out of the yard this afternoon. I like yard work with forklifts. Other than that I am enjoying the beautiful day and wanting to go for a pedal spin later.
You will notice my comma is in fact in the correct location to suggest these are definitively two separate happenings.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy hell did todays ride ever kick my ass. Did 18km of pure rooty single track. It took just over two hours, but felt like I was out there for four. I sent these new rims into PILES of chunky roots for the first time and came out still on top of the bike and with straight wheels. Still not sure what this 27.5 stuff is about, I can't really tell the difference between now and before. Said roots also made me realize that I have the compression up to high or too much air in the fork. At the speeds I was carrying into the roots, the fork felt like it was locked out. My forearms were buzzing...

So awesome.

Right as I arrived, a husband and wife combo zipped by my car. Both riding Banshee Spitfires. :)

Time for a poop, make some pasta, bong shed and World Cup watching time. Still deciding which order I should do this in.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Watching or riding?
Just watching and getting my fill of exhaust fumes. Was a great time, the kids had a blast.

When the MC asked the crowd what it would take to amp up the volume my 10yo yelled Alcohol!

My 13yo faded into his own head every time Ms Supercross was on the jumbotron and regretted now getting there earlier to ogle her and the other Monster girls in the pits.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I rode with a new friend today. He is from Tibet. His name is Lobsang. Cool dude. His Mom fed us goat cheese dumplings and barley cooked in liver broth. Smelled weird but I ate it anyways. They have a beautiful home. Short little guy rides the fuck out that Rigid Kona 29'r. Indomitable. He climbs a climb and if he doesn't like his performance, he will go down the hill and do it again. He inspires me at the same time I inspire him. If he has never been on a trail before. He will lean his bike against a tree and walk the trail before he rides it. Highly annoying but I understand. Time consuming however... over the course of a ride he will stop at various points and place coins around rocks and such. When I ride without him I collect the coins. He found out it was me and insisted I give him a $1.35. He is still mad at me.