Quantcast

□□□Wednesday GMY□□□

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
What's up Monkies? No work for me today. I am headed to my last cardio rehab session then I plan on taking one of my older bikes to the trails for some hill repeats.

Remember your boss isn't a dick - he / she just can't to it without your full cooperation and engagement... knowing how to smile and nod convincingly is all it takes. :)

EDIT: GMY? I am so ashamed.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

Haven't heard from the Wednesday ride peeps, yet. Will be riding regardless.

I haven't been on a bike since Sunday, but it feels like its been a week already.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Back in the office after 4 nice days off. Managed to take all dirt from Gateway, CO into Moab, UT, visited Canyonlands National Park with my 2.5 million other best friends, rented bikes and rode the Klondike Bluffs trail system, then hit Hanging Lake with my 400 best friends.

All in all a good weekend. Slept better than I have in months.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley crawled into bed last night after having a nightmare, then proceeded to kick me in the kidneys for the next 4 hours. Tired.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I do not like this grey weather. It plus the lingering jetlag plus the trauma of mowing my yuuuuge lot yesterday makes for one sluggish Toshi. On the upside, today is my first day working since May 16.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I'm fasting till 3 this afternoon for a follow up blood draw to recheck teh cholesterolz. Developing a pretty good case of being cranky and I havent even gotten out of bed yet. This is going to suck.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Back in the office after 4 nice days off. Managed to take all dirt from Gateway, CO into Moab, UT, visited Canyonlands National Park with my 2.5 million other best friends, rented bikes and rode the Klondike Bluffs trail system, then hit Hanging Lake with my 400 best friends.
that's why i vacation in the fall.

canyonlands is on my list.

it seems breakfast wants to leave

brb...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Leaving Salida today, trying to get motivated to decide on a ride plan. Software conference tomorrow and Friday, then visiting with Dad.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
left a sealed envelope between my doors this morning that a courrier company will pick up and deliver to a lab that will test the sample therein to determine if my vasectomy was successful. feels weird to be leaving that sort of sample on my front step.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
left a sealed envelope between my doors this morning that a courrier company will pick up and deliver to a lab that will test the sample therein to determine if my vasectomy was successful. feels weird to be leaving that sort of sample on my front step.
i hope it wasn't prepared on your front step

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
As predicted I rode my aging Giant hardtail on some XC goodness, the new Ardent tires were fresh and I had them maxed at 60LBS. I don't weigh enough to do that again... this bike is super short and squirrely but that is what I've always liked about it - its easy to maneuver on tight forest trails. Not many of those around here. The Ardents performed fine but tended wash a bit in gravel and also broke loose on a small climb. Next ride I'm going to try 45 psi.

View media item 2868
This is also my bike-packing ride that I tow the Bob Yak with, that's why mechanical disks and bar ends, love me some bar ends. :) Sid currently offers 30mm of travel... black line is how much travel I used on today's ride.

I've posted this section before.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sweet jeebus. 60 psi? 45 psi? Try 30 to start... The newfangled big tire tubeless people are apparently running under 20.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sweet jeebus. 60 psi? 45 psi? Try 30 to start... The newfangled big tire tubeless people are apparently running under 20.
Yeah, did think about that after I washed out in the gravel and ended up in the grass, I'm also running tubes in these because I am not going to invest in new wheels for this bike since it's primary purpose is bike-packing. You can't hear the washouts on the video but since this bike is fairly quiet I could hear damn near as soon as I felt it.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The bikes I saw at DuPont forest were ALL 27.5+. Is south NC infested by hipsters? Brevard would suggest so.

Now Cherokee. :fie:
dupont is rife with that crap. you'll see a lot of big-hooped bikes in pisgah proper. you'll have to venture off the beaten path to find the real bikes...