Quantcast

◇◇○ tues gmt ○◇◇

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
If waking up at 4:30 cuz you remembered something you had forgotten to do yesterday is wrong, I don't want to be right. To the coffee machine!!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well, the company that delivered our windows decided we need special windows without informing us about this at any point and making a decision on the windows without knowing the floor plan. This related to some fire safety rules that do not apply to our old house. I was so angry I went to bed early.

This even after received to cans of my favorite porter from my neighbor which he brought back from Hawaii.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yay no commute this morning. Last drop off yesterday was 1/2 mile from home so I took the short bus home vs driving 45 minutes to the office to go get my car. Win. First pick up today is a mere 5 miles away on surface streets.

Espresso and oatmeal this morning but just the espresso was enough to send me to the private library :busted:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Upper respiratory tract infection. Fun. Thank god this is after the work trip and the frenzy before it but I kinda wanted to use this time to score some points at my job given all the good movies we've bought are thanks to me. This virus or whatever I have is a pain. I sleep 14h a day and I hate oversleeping. No gym, no bike, no cooking, no coffee. All I do is work on our social media campaigns and watch bad movies from home

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good mornin!

Add me to the 4am wake up club as well, except my early rousing was for no particular reason. Seems to be my MO these days.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Made myself a nice Egg and Bacon Bagel Sandwich this AM. Proceeded to leave it on my kitchen counter when I left for work. Doh...

Warm out this afternoon. Hoping for a pedal, but might have to settle for a run.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Try sticking your head in the toilet and flushing.
That comes with a high risk of seeing isht.

Morning! First of many back-to-back calls at 7AM means I'll likely stay at home today. Yesterday our top brass nonchalantly announced changes to our bonus plans that make 70% of my bonus very likely inaccessible (because tied to performance of other groups in organization) and what I get to keep will be cut by at least 25% because of now mandatory stock purchase program with 2 year vesting period. On top, no annual salary increase to cover at least inflation, for the 3rd year in the row. FTS, job hunting activities intensify, I believe the company will see 30-50% attrition this year alone.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woke up. Heart doesn't hurt, but hand hurts a bit and thumb still pins and needles numb. I need to get a few electricians out for estimates over the next day or two.

Need to test my drill a bit today to see just how dead it is. It is my high torque drill and the last time this happened, though not nearly as bad, my other drill lost it's torque. If that's the case, I'm getting a new drill today.
Otherwise, work call, baby appt, and garage work today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! The cat decided to stand outside the bedroom door and holler 20 minutes before my alarm went off. Then I realized I had to pee and I wasn't going to be able to sleep if I didn't. So I took care of that, and then just lied in bed until the alarm went off. The alarm went off as scheduled at 5:15, and so I headed to the pool for my swim. And that, bros, was a cool story.

Busy work day ahead.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Well, the company that delivered our windows decided we need special windows without informing us about this at any point and making a decision on the windows without knowing the floor plan. This related to some fire safety rules that do not apply to our old house. I was so angry I went to bed early.

This even after received to cans of my favorite porter from my neighbor which he brought back from Hawaii.
did you fall asleep with a angry boner?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Busy day of billing jobs...I feel like Gollum when they put him on the leash....

Listening to some Mike Watt is making things halfway tolerable. Still....I'm going to be here for many hours today. Booooo...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seems to me like this is the sort of thing that should happen a maximum of 0 times.

FTFY

I am still puzzled how this happened. Drilling into a power line is plausible. But power tools have handles made of plastic so you don't get shocked. Either Stony is a antique power tool aficionado or he using one hand to support the metal chuck. Even then it is hard to close a circuit because of shoes carpet and other times of flooring are rather non conductive. I am imagining Stoney using an antique drill wearing hob nail boots standing in a pool of salty water on bare pavement that has rebar poking through the surface.

Either way you should know what is in a wall before drilling into it. A cheap proximity electrical tester can usually identify a live wire in a wall. But even then drilling into a water pipe or gas line can also ruin your day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
FTFY

I am still puzzled how this happened. Drilling into a power line is plausible. But power tools have handles made of plastic so you don't get shocked. Either Stony is a antique power tool aficionado or he using one hand to support the metal chuck. Even then it is hard to close a circuit because of shoes carpet and other times of flooring are rather non conductive. I am imagining Stoney using an antique drill wearing hob nail boots standing in a pool of salty water on bare pavement that has rebar poking through the surface.

Either way you should know what is in a wall before drilling into it. A cheap proximity electrical tester can usually identify a live wire in a wall. But even then drilling into a water pipe or gas line can also ruin your day.
stoney is a "drill all the holes" kind of guy. his walls look like swiss cheese and spackle.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
friend is back in oregon from virginia.....the town i live in issued a dying man a ticket/court date for weed.....funny.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. It's a pancreatic cancer (multidisciplinary conference) kind of Tuesday, like every other Tuesday.

Today is probably when I get payment for the RAV4 EV and officially park it. I may wash it tonight again, or maybe the minivan.

Re: water and the west, I'll start paying attention when the agriculture rules are changed such that farmers aren't incentivized to use their full allotment each year lest they lose it. Besides, water used goes back in the drains, back to the sea, and re-enters the water cycle after falling down in the mountains as rain and snow alike.