Quantcast

◇◇○ tues gmt ○◇◇

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fuckit tuesday accomplished. Did a little work, installed a new to me dropper, bled the dropper, got pissed at new dropper because SRAM bullshit, somehow fixed effing dropper to a workable shape, bled the dropper again, acquired brisket and put it in a slow cooker that I had bought for waxing chains, went for wicked a ride, discovered that new bike is moar fun that teenage sex when pointed down steep tight stuff, made myself a very potent G&T, now waiting for the brisket to do its thing while counting fucks I've given so far today.

Tomorrow: rinse and repeat, only the brisket will have been already cooked.

Fuckit tuesday accomplished. Did a little work, installed a new to me dropper, bled the dropper, got pissed at new dropper because SRAM bullshit, somehow fixed effing dropper to a workable shape, bled the dropper again, acquired brisket and put it in a slow cooker that I had bought for waxing chains, went for wicked a ride, discovered that new bike is moar fun that teenage sex when pointed down steep tight stuff, made myself a very potent G&T, now waiting for the brisket to do its thing while counting fucks I've given so far today.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Afternoon every body.

Well, last few weeks have been somewhat crazy and busy. Between my work, wife's work, and my little side business I haven't made a lot of time for myself. We have three new officers that started yesterday, and at least five more to come, I have also added new stuff to our restraints and am working on training 50 plus officers on use and technique.

As for the side business, ffl application is just about ready to send in. They say it takes less than 60 days to be done so this will be fun.

As for everything else, my expedition is in need of a new engine, so we get to decide if I am doing a rebuild, or if we can afford to replace the old gal.

So much fun, I am gonna make tacos

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

new bike?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just realized I have two different colored socks on - one blue, one black. Either there's an issue with my laundry methods, or I shouldn't pick out socks in low-light situations.

Now it's all I can think about. I probably need to just go home.
I go based on thickness, not color.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
has anyone built their own speaker crossovers before?
I used to back on my car audio days. Cap and coil based on crossover frequencies, I'm sure there are charts and parts all over the internets since Radio Shack is all but empty last time I needed caps. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I solve this problem by only have two kinds of socks that are easy to differentiate.
My wife bitched about my socks and went on a few different rampages and bought me all black socks. But I have Adidas, Nike, Puma, Body Glove, Champion, and Golden Toe. I am lucky to find 2 that match, but I have several that are the same thickness. :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I just realized I have two different colored socks on - one blue, one black.
I remember that when I was a university student (~22/23 yo), I once realized I arrived in my part time job with one winter boot and one sneaker on. Let's say the party of the previous night was kinda hard core. Going back home was kinda difficult - I had to walk 3+kms on uneven height soles.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Shitty day was shitty.
I was going to have a salad or something dumb for dinner, but after seeing that picture of a svelte IRB I'm making brats and sauerkraut and beer. Burp.

edit: props AGAIN to @binary visions for this killer Maine Beer Company Mustard that he sent to me ... OMG it's the best.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Mmmmm beer.

I want to get one, but don't want to put my stupid boot on and hobble over to the kitchen. This fucked up ankle thing sucks.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to Thuper Awethum and to no surprise, the leaky brake felt a tad spongy. But it was just what I needed after 4.5 weeks off the bike. All's right with the world.

Last month the bongshed was converted to a vapor unit. The difference while riding was quite noticeable as I was not sucking wind like I expected to after not riding for so long.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Drywall cut off. New Romex and junction boxes to be acquired tomorrow. Going to add an additional outlet farther down the garage while I'm at it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
frustrating day at work. Vented on the trainer. holy leg and cardio burn Batman. 30 minutes of high speed spinning in a 53x17 gear. The last ten minutes were effing brutal....I am absolutely dripping in sweat. But I am 100% relaxed now. Beer, shower and sack in that order is what is left of my day.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Get married, have a couple kids - they can bring you beer.

Wait... that might not actually be good advice.

Perhaps consult with @slyfink prior to moving forward on this plan I've laid out...

:D
Oh, they can bring you beer alright... and anger, grief, sadness, frustration, chronic insomnia. all wrapped up in one (or more) deceptively cute cuddly little package.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Let me know how it goes. I've toyed with the idea of building up some speakers and a tube amp to have something to do at work.

I built a tube amp from a kit a while back. It was pretty easy to put together as long as you like huffing solder vapor. I really like the way it sounds but the source needs to have its own way of tone control. The 12 watts was more than enough to drive some massive old Technics speakers. You can run a tube at peak power with little to no clipping or distortion. A transistor based amp will clip and distort well before the dial gets to 11.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I have an old Phillco antique radio in the garage as a resto project, must be 75 years old. I intended on using the cabinet to house/hide some modern home audio & cable stuff, but it would be cool to preserve the original amp/tuner/sw if possible.
20180228_084423.jpg

20180228_084431.jpg