Quantcast

◇♢◇Thurdsday GMT◇♢◇

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My commute has gone from 10min to 20min. It is ompletely unaceptable. All these people from CA, IL, and TX need to just stop coming here. But then again, I have a 40% rise in the price of my house in 5 years, so... it might be time to get Wifey the gigantic place she wants.
so you had a "i'm almost native coloradoan bumper sticker" made?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
so you had a "i'm almost native coloradoan bumper sticker" made?
Back in the day Colorado had Native, Semi Native and Alien bumber stickers on many cars. It was a proud time when people respected the value of cheap immigrant labor. Mowing your own lawn and cleaning your own pool didn' t have to happen. There were people that...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've been told to leave work because of the weather. Not sure why I should even bother when the traffic looks like this garbage...

This should be fun. :s

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Land of Milk and Honey and all that... oh - and weed. :D
Not sure about that first part. :drag:

But there are a sh!t ton of jobs. As companies get priced out of the bay area, they open up shops here. Amazon has a huge shop here, ebay opened up a shop a few years ago, then there are just the usual Portland shops like Intel, Nike, Adidas all growing like crazy. If you have any possible IT related skills, you can't be out of work unless its by choice.

<edit> Don't get me started on the jackasses running the price of housing through the roof.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Snow, snow, and more snow. Shoveled eight inches out of the driveway before heading out for the day at 1100, just got home at 1415 and there is another 3-4 inches. Driving around was fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If I get snow like that, I'm buying a snow blower. Fuck all that shoveling shit. Plus I have about 270' of sidewalk to clear on top of a 3 car driveway. :/
i've got a buddy in vermont whose driveway is about 3/4 of a mile long. he just bought a kubota and a plow.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No. But I'll bitch about anybody who got here after me.
It's the Colorado way!

If I get snow like that, I'm buying a snow blower. Fuck all that shoveling shit. Plus I have about 270' of sidewalk to clear on top of a 3 car driveway. :/
Clearly you put a lot of thought into this whole "moving to Nebraska" thing. Didn't anyone tell you that it snows there? ;)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yeah I've been pricing them out on Home Depot's website.

I'm just gonna be a stubborn ass and wait for the first big snow before I get one probably.
I've just caved in and got me a new Ariens Deluxe 24. Like you, I was in the waiting pattern for a while, but now that almost all local home depots are out of stock, I finally pulled the trigger.

(see how many stupid idioms I can stuff in two lines of text? #winning!)

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I'm looking at the Cub Cadet 3 stage thingy, it looks fancy!
Are there many Club Cadet owners (and dealers and service centers) in your area? Here in New England, every man and his dog own an Ariens. Apparently they are indestructible, some I've seen are 30+ years old.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation with the kids. They liked it. Totally forgot there was some *bad* language and slightly naughty innuendo...

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My health insurance card arrived today. Sounds great.
Except I very vividly remember that I elected to opt out because wife coverage, like last year. :banghead:
FTS. Eff this dumbass insurance model, too.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Thus is my fourth winter in Montana, there is no reason I should not already have a snow blower other than I have thus far refused to be that lazy, but once I have my own home... let the laziness rule