Quantcast

◇♢◇Thurdsday GMT◇♢◇

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies. Gym does not open until 5 so I'm thinking about brushing my teeth as a public service. Have a nice day and dont speed unless you're a really good driver who knows when its appropriate.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have had a cold for a week, it refuses to go away and seeing every hour on the clock at night is getting old.

12 hours until flight time :pilot:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Darned cats woke me up at 5, then 6, then 7. Yesterday was not a good day, let's hope for improvement today. Also, wife is getting nervous we have not started any X-Mas preps yet. I am okay to wing it, she feels this is important. Le sigh.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's gonna be a big morning. I've already wasted 10 minutes on RM :monkey:changing my avatar... ah well, such is life. Kid's Christmas concert is at noon today, and I'm supposed to start my holiday at noon. But a big flaming pile of shit fell on my lap at 3:45 yesterday that I have to take care of. Hopefully I can get'er done in time.

time to make tracks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. MIL is in town. Haley woke up early and woke her up. Swim this morning, run tonight. Work. Fuck this.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dragged my tired legs and tired shoulders to the pool for a masters group swim this morning and nobody else showed up. Assholes. So, I got a private coaching lesson, which is pretty cool. That was about as tired as I've been for a swim in quite a while, but I still kept a decent pace and never slowed down. Good stuff.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just wrapped up a xmas breakfast with a business group I'm in.
Forecast is cloudy with 100% chance of bongshed.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Morning. 2 more days of work and then I have 11 off. Looking forward to a break in the action.

I did manage to pick this up yesterday and give it a proper thrashing last night.
IMG_3146.JPG

I seem to take shitty photos.

We did get to ride some sweet singletrack trails in the woods that had a 12" wide packed ribbon down the middle of them. The locals have been just riding everything in after any snow fall

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, youngin up way to early in my house today. Almost lost our home loan due to an underwriter that does not keep up with current rules and regulations. Got it all figured out in a scramble last night. Only thing on the schedule today is lil man has a check up at 1445, so in the mean time I will start packing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Morning Monkies. Gym does not open until 5 so I'm thinking about brushing my teeth as a public service. Have a nice day and dont speed unless you're a really good driver who knows when its appropriate.
or you can play bobby brady...hall monitor with a cop...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Woke up sore as f@ck...had hockey training yesterday, run by an ex NHLer and minor league coach, with a bunch of other beer leaguer slobs...I am not as young as I was 20 years ago when I used to laugh such things off. Weird how that happens.

For now, putting off re caulking the shower...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
christmas time....driving slow in parking lots and blowing kisses to impatient shoppers...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Old boss called me last night and offered me a job. The company was recently bought out and they are looking to hire someone on as the Quality Manager. Gonna need to seriously consider this opportunity, it might actually get me back to engineering related work...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I dont get it. Be prudent and stay safe. Only smoke dope when medically nessasary or in a state where it's permitted for recreational purposes. It helps the economy.
related to yesterdays posting about speeding in neighborhoods....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Wife got almost $200 in starbucks gift cards from students yesterday for christmas. Guess were breakfasting there for the majority of the duration of christmas break. The coffee sucks but I do like the bacon/Gouda/Cheddar sandwich. Oh well, free is free.

Plans for AZ/NM in May are firming up. @Pesqueeb, you thinking about joining us? We're currently discussing flying in the 6th, departing 14th, tent camping(!).
I'd sure like to. Will depend on how many powfluenza days I take over the winter I suppose.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Wife got almost $200 in starbucks gift cards from students yesterday for christmas. Guess were breakfasting there for the majority of the duration of christmas break. The coffee sucks but I do like the bacon/Gouda/Cheddar sandwich. Oh well, free is free.
Chorizo sandwich with siraccha

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Clean up work and just taking care of stuff before end of year. I get a half day Friday and Monday off, so there is that. There has been a huge IT focus change and folks are freaking out. Automation and DevOps are bad words here and seem to freak out the older engineers here (because they have lived in a bubble here for 10+ years). There's a huge aversion to change and the only constant in technology IS CHANGE!

Trying not to kill folks today. Outside influence compounds work.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all:

1) Starbucks hot cocoa is tasty
2) I was unaware of a chorizo/sriracha option from Starbucks but if this is true it is welcome news
3) I had a dream last night that two of the big Seattle private practice groups were merging. In this dream I was excited about this and was going to work for them. Then I woke up. Not sure what this means.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Might be the difference in industries (don't know what you're in), but I would never want a QA/QE role in an FDA-regulated medical device (like us) or drug mfg company.
I work in IT software and infrastructure, no way in hell would I work in an industry where my direct work would put lives at risk. I have worked in medical claims processing (well paid, awful industry, insurance is a scam), as well as banking (after seeing behind the scenes, I want to keep my money in my mattress).

I did get to work on a fix for the software that runs the kiosk at Pep Boys that picks your oil and air filters. Turns out Ford diesel oil filters were the same diameter and thread as gas, only WAY less capacity. There was a bug (that I helped fix) that gave you the gas filter part number for diesel. The filter fits, so way not? Well, a few hundred miles and BOOM.

Pep Boys got sued for engine replacement in a few F250/350 trucks. But no lives lost. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
3) I had a dream last night that two of the big Seattle private practice groups were merging. In this dream I was excited about this and was going to work for them. Then I woke up. Not sure what this means.
I saw a report that Radiologists have one of the largest cash bonuses.

3. Radiologist

Annual cash bonus: $47,500
<edit> and then there is this:

Median base salary
$350,000/yr
Range: $220K - $500K
Not bad work if you can get it. Wow.