Quantcast

◇.◇ Monday GMT ◇.◇

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The goal of the week is to ride once during the work week besides just to work.

Ordered a new road helmet. Nice POC Mips for half price since there is a new model coming out. My old Giro I think is from the days before Amstrong had come out as the dope kingpin.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
2-day work week this week. My wife and I have decided not to put the little guy in daycare for March break, so we're splitting the week. I get Wed Fri off.

I'm 100% certain that the fatbike trails are going to be in perfect condition this week after the snow we got last week renewed the base, and weekend use will have reset the tracks. Going to try to get out at least twice. What's even better is that I won't need my light for most of the ride now!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! The last thing I need is two effing feet of heavy snow tonight. Eff snow, eff fatbikes, I demand spring and hero riding conditions nao! :rant:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
First day back to work after my week long family vacation in Florida. Last week was full of beers, beach, pool, palm trees and sunshine. I walk in to work this morning with 550 unread emails and apparently everything went to hell while I was gone. HAPPY MONDAY :twitch::banghead:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Today, I drop the 2-week notice onto the HR managers desk.

Had to get everything aligned before I could really talk about it. Moving to a new jorb that is 10 min. from the house vs. the hour drive I currently have. Same industry(sign design and fabrication), same pay, but with commission bonus on anything I happen to sell. I cannot function within a cubicle farm, and refuse to do so any longer. Over the last year, my position has shifted from a more hands-on, working with the customer on design and execution, to managing a software system that has to be the most complicated thing I've ever seen. I have a choice in this world, and I'm choosing not to play that game.

How's your Monday?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dragging ass this morning. Holy hell. :dead:

Had an awesome day of skiing yesterday, including meeting up with BadDNA and mudgirl for a bunch of runs and lunch. Ski conditions don't get much better on the east coast. No ice to be found, and all of the bumps were soft. I suppose 41" of snow in three days will do that. And the crowds weren't bad at all, which was very surprising, although apparently the crowds Saturday were in FTS territory.

Anyway, I swam before work. DST + skiing + swimming = a tired Baboon.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why good morning!

Home sick today, luckily its some low grade stuff so I'm not bedridden or anything.

Saw a woman driving yesterday while on FaceTime and using sign language. That's certainly a first.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good Morning!!

Today, I drop the 2-week notice onto the HR managers desk.

Had to get everything aligned before I could really talk about it. Moving to a new jorb that is 10 min. from the house vs. the hour drive I currently have. Same industry(sign design and fabrication), same pay, but with commission bonus on anything I happen to sell. I cannot function within a cubicle farm, and refuse to do so any longer. Over the last year, my position has shifted from a more hands-on, working with the customer on design and execution, to managing a software system that has to be the most complicated thing I've ever seen. I have a choice in this world, and I'm choosing not to play that game.

How's your Monday?

I hope you delivered the message with a snarky one liner. "here is your sign", (hands over a highway exit sign with a logo of an upper decker)

That reminds me of one previous job where I didn't listen to a single voice mail people left on my corporate phone. When I left after six years, the phone said something about 500+ new voice mails. :D
I had a coworker who got himself signed up for infinite crap emails. One could never depend on his reading his mail, so we would tend to peer over his wall and say "Read your fucking email, Bob!" if we wanted him to actually read something...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back at work. Even after periodically deleting emails over the last month, 225 emails that I have to do something with regards to.

Soul hurts and I'm tired. Ugh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My coconut water can decided to leak within my pannier this morning. Hmph.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Meh. ok weekend. truck got ripped off Friday early in the morning. took a bunch of my camping gear & my mandolin that was almost 100 years old.
>.<

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Meh. ok weekend. truck got ripped off Friday early in the morning. took a bunch of my camping gear & my mandolin that was almost 100 years old.
>.<
i'd make fun of you for being such a hipster that you have a mandolin, but that sucks dude.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
there are more indoor ones around here than i realized . . . and one city/county-run outdoor one, too.

walking around downtown durham this weekend reminded me of when i used to skate all over the place there. good memories.\

cold and rainy. here. snow/ice just to the north making a mess. feels like a good day to cozy up with a stout at lunch.