Quantcast

○○.. HUMP DAAAAAAAYYYY GMT ..○○

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning my lovelies. :wave:

Mind clicked on at 5 am, so here I am, sitting at work, enjoying the quiet and taking care of a few things.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode to work and it was a cold morning barely 50F but I was in short and short sleeves. Took some coffee to warm up.

Still procrastinating regarding going to Spain. I am the worst at planning trips. I wish I was the person who would plan months in advance and do tons of research.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Today I am thankful that ingesting controlled amounts of Narcotics for several days straight doesn’t seem to make me constipated.

Carry on.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept like a brick last night :banana:

Espresso then eats. Easy day on tap. All my runs are in town. Hitting the market tonight to reload the camper larder. I hit the road right after work Thursday to go work a 3 day show out by Sacramento. Its going to be hotter than shit out there. so lot of cold N/A Beers and Gatoraid in the fridge plus stuff to whip up good meals.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hola, tacoritas! I swam 2500 yards this morning, which apparently was my longest swim in 11 months, and 2500 yards is not a long swim. No wonder I suck at it. But, I am back to a regular schedule, so I'll get there.

Rain and meetings all day today. I am halfway through a pot of coffee.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woke up this morning and it was already 80 degrees outside. This week has been a hottttttt one.

Ride night, which should be interesting in the heat.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
finally had the basement fixed from the termite damage. they absolutely DESTROYED the sill of my house. Amazing what the little shits can do. Opted to re-do the bulkhead and door while they were at it, but I'm not really impressed with the install of the door. Is this ok? any builder bros @dan-o @stoney ? It's the basement so I'm unconcerned with its looks, but the deadbolt just kind of sits there in space and doesn't seem very secure. The door doesn't budge when it's locked and you pull or push on it, but the crooked threshold and deadbolt hanging in space has me weirded out. If it's secure and normal as it is then I'm fine with it, but if they did a shit job then I want to let the head guy know before it's too late.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave: We need rain, per usuam.
Maybe its just the fact that I've been away for the past 6 years, but we've been getting what feels like a lot of rain this summer, certainly more than I remember.
finally had the basement fixed from the termite damage. they absolutely DESTROYED the sill of my house. Amazing what the little shits can do. Opted to re-do the bulkhead and door while they were at it, but I'm not really impressed with the install of the door. Is this ok? any builder bros @dan-o @stoney ? It's the basement so I'm unconcerned with its looks, but the deadbolt just kind of sits there in space and doesn't seem very secure. The door doesn't budge when it's locked and you pull or push on it, but the crooked threshold and deadbolt hanging in space has me weirded out. If it's secure and normal as it is then I'm fine with it, but if they did a shit job then I want to let the head guy know before it's too late.

Appears normal, other than the door being crooked and the deadbolt plate recess looking like it was chewed out by a wolverine.

If you are concerned about the stoutness of it all, replace the dinky plate mounting screws with some 3 1/2" screws into the adjacent studs. It'll still break if someone wants in, just not as easily.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Do you have a table saw? You can rip a board to the right size to fill the space properly. That's more of a question for dan-o, @johnbryanpeters , or @Jozz . I've never done a door frame before, so I've never had to learn that process. It's on my to-do list with getting rid of a slider though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. No client meetings, so more drum beating. Boss wants me to do a Book of Business presentation tomorrow, but hasn't told me or the rest of the team what the hell that consists of. I should probably work on that today...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

where is the door trim....job not done.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am reading ultrasounds today. Tonight, an episode of ST:TNG then 30 minutes on the Peloton, because that is what I do.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
where is the door trim....job not done.
They didn't trim it because the insulation was still wet and it was the basement...that's what he told me. I didn't mind because the basement is unfinished and if we ever finished it, that would be part of the job, but it's just going to get damaged by bike handlebars coming in and out. I just want to make sure it's a quality job and not left half way...but you're right, the trim would be nice.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

look like a pretty average job. If door closes ok with regular gap all around it's fine. For the deadbolt, remove one of the screw to make sure it's a long screw that attach to the stud not just the door frame.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Still avoiding that AC? When we went to bed the main floor was 74 degrees despite the AC! Thankfully it caught up during the night.
You pansy.

It was 82F in the house when we left to get fish-n-chips and drink beer around 6pm. Opened all the windows upon return and put the fans in. 67F when I got up this morning.

We *may* not last the week, though... it's getting tougher every day to get the temp down to a reasonable level in the house...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You pansy.

It was 82F in the house when we left to get fish-n-chips and drink beer around 6pm. Opened all the windows upon return and put the fans in. 67F when I got up this morning.

We *may* not last the week, though... it's getting tougher every day to get the temp down to a reasonable level in the house...
Why do you have America and capitalism? Xcel needs your moneys

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think it was 67 freedums downstairs when I went to bed last night, I think upstairs was 74

The joys of not living on the plains of Kansas :D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
What do you set your ac at?
ours is usually @76 in the summer

nothing special to report aujourd'hui. have to give a presentation in a little while. all week we were supposed to have t-storms, but none have materialized. need some rain...

been looking at places for vacation later in the summer. mostly spots in the mountains by water. looking from here all the way to up north. open to suggestions for places.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
We're 3 days into a $28K heat pump/central air install.
Cheaper than a divorce.
Then again, so is a wood chipper rental....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry I'm so late.... been F'ing busy as some of my kids activities have started up again and construction has been busy as well.