Quantcast

●●■■Funday□□○○

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
where people file incorrectly
Quit being such an apologist. You know that system is fucked.

If "filing incorrectly" were the primary driver there would be a different demographic. Like cops they pick on the easy targets to give the appearance of doing their jobs while ignoring far more egregious and significant shit.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
For sure. Easy targets where people file incorrectly. No challenge.
Filing tax returns is BS.

Get rid of all deductions BS and if you're employed your tax earnings are taken care of by employer deduction and then make bank interest taxed at a flat rate - probably 90% of all filers would fall into the above.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Quit being such an apologist. You know that system is fucked.

If "filing incorrectly" were the primary driver there would be a different demographic. Like cops they pick on the easy targets to give the appearance of doing their jobs while ignoring far more egregious and significant shit.
I 100% agree with you. It's also why I 100% agree on all the new IRS hiring so that they can go after the high income/wealth individuals. 90% of IRS energy should be focused on people making >$1mm/yr. Of that, the majority should be focused on people making/worth >$100mm. It's the opposite impact of the bank comment from above - 1 individual can account for the time and funds spent vs. 10,000 people.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
:wave:

Cut down dead tree #1 and also burned slash pile #1. Now it's onto slash pile #2 and the remainder of the dead trees.
Me too, me too. Body is SAF (sore as fuck) after yesterdays yard session. I raked leaves and cut down trees. Had one that could only fall in one spot, narrowly avoiding a birdhouse and other trees. Trunk was less than a foot away from my 500 gallon propane tank. I am not a tree falling expert but this one went according to plan. Tree work is sketchy to the max.

Resized_20230318_170629.jpeg

Moar in stock for today. Small rugrat is battling the illness. I keep hearing voices say "go for a bicycle ride" but I think they're in my head.

The amount of rabbit hole the MAGA crowd went down after Biden was elected is more terrifying than I ever imagined. My buddy, who is a good person, was showing me his silver bars and also talking about all his weapons. This same delusion is happening all over the country. WTF. I wonder if FOX has planted a trigger word into their subliminal messaging.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After tearing the UCL on my left thumb in 2017 I have had to ride with goofy Ergon grips. I figured that almost 6 years later I could go back to riding normal ones. Based on how my hands feel this morning the goofy grips are going back on the bike and probably will not ride at all today.

Also I should probably stop doing big hucks to flat to test fork setup on my hardtails.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Too much rain is too much. Then it cleared up all of a sudden with no warning in the forecast and I had already been to the gym. At least it warmed up so I could drink coffee on the patio.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Me too, me too. Body is SAF (sore as fuck) after yesterdays yard session. I raked leaves and cut down trees. Had one that could only fall in one spot, narrowly avoiding a birdhouse and other trees. Trunk was less than a foot away from my 500 gallon propane tank. I am not a tree falling expert but this one went according to plan. Tree work is sketchy to the max.

View attachment 191120

Moar in stock for today. Small rugrat is battling the illness. I keep hearing voices say "go for a bicycle ride" but I think they're in my head.

The amount of rabbit hole the MAGA crowd went down after Biden was elected is more terrifying than I ever imagined. My buddy, who is a good person, was showing me his silver bars and also talking about all his weapons. This same delusion is happening all over the country. WTF. I wonder if FOX has planted a trigger word into their subliminal messaging.
That said, I also think as many people kind of woke up a little and said "That dude was a fucking clown", and will (quietly) vote for anyone else. Which could be worse in the long run. Part of me hopes Trump wins the nomination, but gets absolutely destroyed in the actual election.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Filing tax returns is BS.

Get rid of all deductions BS and if you're employed your tax earnings are taken care of by employer deduction and then make bank interest taxed at a flat rate - probably 90% of all filers would fall into the above.
90% is on the high side but not wildly off the mark. The Trump changes shifted the landscape.
C1CE46A8-A84E-47BE-A40D-C2DFAEAF7979.jpeg

This doesn’t clearly speak to folks with Sch. C situations. I would assume there are a fair number sole proprietors and 1099 contractors reporting business expenses which fall outside of the simplified “have the employer handle deductions” model you suggested.

111D5710-AD35-4B0D-86B2-32EC31FFF706.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
what did you ride, and how were conditions??
S had an early morning coffee meeting down in Golden, so I did a fast lap around a frozen North Table. East and North ride were rough with a rigid fork with all the frozen boot rutted dirt from it getting hiked when soft.

Dry everywhere around the loop though, not sure about up on top and Cottonwood, but probably also gtg.

Still lots of snow up here from this latest storm, so I've no idea at all on Apex. Hoping with some warm weather that Floyd can't be too far off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got my taxes 90% done. Just need to go figure out what charitable donations were tax deductible. If I ran a charity I would resend all receipts to the donors at the beginning of tax season, I bet that would drive a higher rate of repeat donations.

Bought a lot of first aid kits for these guys this year