Quantcast

●●●Saturday GMT●●●

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, another recycled title and another Super Exciting Saturday ahead. While the NE Monkies are fest'ring I am up early to hit the trails Colorado style, that is BEFORE the heat of the day because we have no mountains, rocks or trees. Or pot farms or missing yoga instructors... we do have amber waves of grain and a fair amount Trump bumper stickers.

Off with Yeti for an early morning ride. You'all have a great day now, ya hear?

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Rode early today before heat and humidity and humans make trails unrideabru.

One more picture from yesterday. Cleaning this section always makes me feel a bit better.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Psyched today. Wifey is taking kiddo for a canoe camping trip, i get a night solo. Gonna do a ride that is ~3k feet in ten miles, with an Amazing DH section on it.
Then eat tacos and generally fuck off for the night.
I love my family, but a break is nice!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Today's assignment was 50 miles on the tri bike at a "hard effort", though I couldn't help but hold back a little with a long run looming tomorrow. Anyway, 50 miles at 18.6 mph, which is still the fastest 50+ mile training ride I've ever managed. Bummed that it was only 50 miles...wanted to ride all day.

Also, being the good wife that I am, I got the grocery shopping done while the actual wife was finishing up her century.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning! Rode early today before heat and humidity and humans make trails unrideabru.

One more picture from yesterday. Cleaning this section always makes me feel a bit better.
I love a trail that has a few sections that I can't clean every time. The Thuper Awethum trail has a tight left switchback through a creek crossing with a rock garden entrance and a narrow exit between the bench cut and a rock slab. All this year the rocks have been way too slimy to ride resulting in a few crashes into the creek. Yesterday it was not, and I cleaned it easy peasy.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy crap, my last post was a little premature. The awesome day turned into an amazing day.

Best tacos EVER.

Then, we got word of this cool little microbrew. It was hard to find in this little town, but god damn did it pay off. This picture pretty much sums up the last few hours....

@jdcamb no food here but go check this place out.. http://www.blockthreebrewing.com/

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Holy crap, my last post was a little premature. The awesome day turned into an amazing day.

Best tacos EVER.

Then, we got word of this cool little microbrew. It was hard to find in this little town, but god damn did it pay off. This picture pretty much sums up the last few hours....

Tell me she is not a professional arm wrestler... no don't. I gotta have my dreams. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a non-dentist co-worker show me around Galbraith today. Happy to be able to hang with someone damn near half my age. I did take a fair share of alt lines around the jumps, I'm not in the habit of hitting strange shit at speed when I can't see the landing. Think I might spend a weekend up that way to learn some of the more fun trails.