Quantcast

☁☂Friday GMT☁☂

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We should be seeing the remnants of Harvey Sunday. Looks like 1-2" of rain. We could use it too.

'Morning. I dragged my lazy ass to the high school track this morning. It's amazing what cold, dry air does to my speed. 6:37 pace for 4 miles, and certainly could have gone faster and longer. Good stuff.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! I have a warm, fuzzy feeling about today - a clear indication of proper dosage. :thumb:

I am going to look into a Bluetooth speaker system for the barn I live in. I need them cheap but awesome, any suggestions outside of @stoney and @Toshi? I'm on a fixed income. :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hung over after 4 days in Amsterdam. I need some weekend time.
So jealous, please wander around aimlessly for me until you run into a sidewalk cafe with the best coffee ever and a waitress that smells like sunshine. McDonalds, cigarette breath and crappy perfume is the best I havee ever done, Amsterdam would be such a step up. Drinking beer while pissing into a canal is on my bucket list.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
We should be seeing the remnants of Harvey Sunday. Looks like 1-2" of rain. We could use it too.

'Morning. I dragged my lazy ass to the high school track this morning. It's amazing what cold, dry air does to my speed. 6:37 pace for 4 miles, and certainly could have gone faster and longer. Good stuff.
Can you run sideways? Seems like there would be an aerodynamic advantage at that speed.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So jealous, please wander around aimlessly for me until you run into a sidewalk cafe with the best coffee ever and a waitress that smells like sunshine. McDonalds, cigarette breath and crappy perfume is the best I havee ever done, Amsterdam would be such a step up. Drinking beer while pissing into a canal is on my bucket list.
I did plenty of that but I had more beer and cocktails than coffee.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I too feel like teh poop this morning. I blame a few beers I had last night.
Riding later! I hope the work day doesn't try to kill me.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Rainy morning here in central NC as Harvey pees on our hairdos.

I was grilling on the back patio last night, when I noticed something on the concrete near me that wasn't there before - copperhead....right next to my right foot. Evasive maneuvers, Captain!! I freaked out, it freaked out....we both were locked in a Mexican standoff (which, incidentally, in Mexico...is just called a standoff). I was lucky enough to have some weaponry nearby (a stick) and proceeded to show the snake why thumbs are a pretty good evolutionary tool.

More fishing this weekend.

Y'all go be good humans.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good morning Monkies! I have a warm, fuzzy feeling about today - a clear indication of proper dosage. :thumb:

I am going to look into a Bluetooth speaker system for the barn I live in. I need them cheap but awesome, any suggestions outside of @stoney and @Toshi? I'm on a fixed income. :D
https://boombotix.com/
Brother-in-law* was the company founder. They are low cost, sound good, and can be daisy chained.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley gets to go to school late today so she got TV time this morning. She wanted to watch a dinosaur show, but WC DH came on when I turned on Prime. She decided that she wanted to watch "girls mountain biking" instead. FTW.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Awesome ride last night. Just me and one buddy. Lots of good climbs and lots of fun descents. The climbs seem to be getting easier. I think I'm finally finding my summer form. After the slow start to the year with all the frickin rain we had, and my three injuries, I'm finally feeling normal and not decimated by the big rides. However, I'm glad I skipped the dirt-roadie ride, sounds like they had to deal with downed trees, multiple flats, and cold temps that prompted them to finish the ride on the road.

Today is the first day at school for my little guy. He was totally stoked. His big brother is there, and three other friends from daycare are there. There's lots of toys to play with in the yard and his teacher seems really nice.

Today is my last day at this job. Still have a few tasks to finish up, but I should be done by mid-afternoon. I'm looking forward to the long weekend. Should be getting out to ride the lifts tomorrow with my oldest... Agricultural fair on Sunday, and a quiet day on Monday.

Have a good day everybody...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
words i never thought i would say...I love my commute. I just wish I could stare out the window the whole time.

now its time to burst forth with the boogie.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wooo Friday on a long weekend. Excited.

If my buddy is around, I'm cutting my trail and DH bike handlebars down to 260mm tonight (maybe I'll cut the DH ones to 770). And then I'm going to try some mellow trails.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
First measurable amounts of rain in three months yesterday. Just enough to rehydrate three months of dried dog piss.

Off to the hand surgeon this morning.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Trying to figure out what short spring to get for the DHX2. The Fox fuckers designed the shock to be extremely unfriendly towards coils that are not orange. :rant:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Finishing this last rifle job here in an hour or so, then finish packing my bag for opening day tomorrow. Only other thing on the list today is a shower and a hike out to hand my tree stand. Then most all my free time for the next two and a half months will be outside chasing dinner

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Picked up my new dropper last night. Decide to ride in the woods with the high post rather than installing it. Should be an easy project for tomorrow AM.

My wife you like me to start wrapping up my bathroom remodel that I started over a year ago this weekend. She has been very patient, but wants the vanity counter installed.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I just had a real life "DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?!" moment with a kid at work. He was blasting Animals As Leaders in the lab, a semi-obscure metal band. Turns out he loves all the same music I'm into, from 7 string metal goodness to Aesop Rock. And he plays guitar, as do I. Additionally, I happened to be wearing my Night Shift Brewery shirt, which I also learned he's a huge fan of.

We've worked together for almost 6 months now and sit 2 cubes away from each other, and until today barely said hello.

\introverted engineers

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just had a real life "DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?!" moment with a kid at work. He was blasting Animals As Leaders in the lab, a semi-obscure metal band. Turns out he loves all the same music I'm into, from 7 string metal goodness to Aesop Rock. And he plays guitar, as do I. Additionally, I happened to be wearing my Night Shift Brewery shirt, which I also learned he's a huge fan of.

We've worked together for almost 6 months now and sit 2 cubes away from each other, and until today barely said hello.

\introverted engineers
you should introduce him to mountain biking

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

\introverted engineers
Bromance is in the air...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
getting crap packed up to head to Montreat for annual family gathering (in laws). going to pickup kids and sushi nao. forecast is looking better. might throw the bike on the roof for some quick kitsuma hotlaps.