Quantcast

☁☂Friday GMT☁☂

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So doc says that I will certainly need surgery. Will also get some temporary pins to immobilize everything during the healing process. They will be external, sounds like something Mandown's friends would do for fun.

I need to get an MRI, but I of course have to wait until the insurance company OKs it. Which will take days, and it takes days for the doctor to get the MRI results so I have to go back again for him to look at them, only then can surgery be scheduled. The system is stupid, all of this was very clear from the X-ray. I am basically making two visits to the doctor's office that are only needed because of insurance rules. No wonder this shit costs so much.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So doc says that I will certainly need surgery. Will also get some temporary pins to immobilize everything during the healing process. They will be external, sounds like something Mandown's friends would do for fun.

I need to get an MRI, but I of course have to wait until the insurance company OKs it. Which will take days, and it takes days for the doctor to get the MRI results so I have to go back again for him to look at them, only then can surgery be scheduled. The system is stupid, all of this was very clear from the X-ray. I am basically making two visits to the doctor's office that are only needed because of insurance rules. No wonder this shit costs so much.
On the other hand, at least you aren't waiting months just to be looked at...:monkey:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
On the other hand, at least you aren't waiting months just to be looked at...:monkey:

If this could wait a couple months I wouldn't bother going to see the doctor. This injury has about a 3 week period to get fixed, or the likelihood of a successful repair goes to near zero after that.

I dislocated my shoulder 24 years ago, something is structurally missing or broken. It popped back into place when I rolled around the ground in agony. Still haven't gone to a doctor about it. It pops out about once every 4 years. I know how to get it back in on my own pretty quickly. I just need to lit weights to maintain muscle mass in the shoulder, that seems to hold everything together pretty well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I dislocated my shoulder 24 years ago, something is structurally missing or broken. It popped back into place when I rolled around the ground in agony. Still haven't gone to a doctor about it. It pops out about once every 4 years. I know how to get it back in on my own pretty quickly. I just need to lit weights to maintain muscle mass in the shoulder, that seems to hold everything together pretty well.
Hill-Sachs fracture. We're fracture buddies! :D Google rotator cuff exercises, perform with elbow tight against torso with 3-5 lb weights so as to not use deltoids or other bigger muscle groups.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had pulled pork on pretzel buns for lunch then my boss brought in pizza for lunch. I'm very full right now.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Hook friends, or rehab? I can't forget the rehab dude with a halo. It was crazy seeing those screws going into his skull. I heard the days when they adjusted them were pretty rough.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

Sounds like you might have Kaiser lol

PPO for the win!!!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The tell-tall branch out front has changed. The end is nigh!!!!

Aspens are already changing colour at Angel Fire - first time riding here. After the rainstorm they had last week, if you like rough natural trails I think this is the place.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with a neighbor pal today. Good technical loop with a couple of drops, he went OTB hard once and got himself a nice hematoma but took it like a champ.

Poopdeck repost from the white courtesy phone thread as that's the spot he wrecked at.

I just had a real life "DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?!" moment with a kid at work. He was blasting Animals As Leaders in the lab, a semi-obscure metal band. Turns out he loves all the same music I'm into, from 7 string metal goodness to Aesop Rock. And he plays guitar, as do I. Additionally, I happened to be wearing my Night Shift Brewery shirt, which I also learned he's a huge fan of.

We've worked together for almost 6 months now and sit 2 cubes away from each other, and until today barely said hello.

\introverted engineers
Found your true love, I see.

Rode Green Mountain Trails with @Bunnista this afternoon. We didn't always know where we were, but had a good ride.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This harvest stuff is stressful. For a large chunk of the day I thought it was Tuesday. Doesn't really matter what day it is I guess... we are picking Gala, Honeycrisp, nectarines. We fired up an ammonia system that we just gutted and replaced the liquid side of the system. Who needs an accumulator float wired in? Oh yeah... we do... shit...