Quantcast

☁ ▅▒░☼‿☼░▒▅ ☁ TGIF GMT ☁ ▅▒░☼‿☼░▒▅ ☁

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It's fvckin' Friday and I am outta here (it's noon) and heading to the Alps in Austria for mtbing, biergartening and hitting up the schwimmbad.

Hope y'all Monkeys a guten weekend!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, friends. 2000 yard swim done before work. The combination of the pool and seasonal allergies are frikkin destroying me on swim days. :dead:

Anyway, I've got a triathlon Sunday which I am looking forward to. It's sort of an Olympic distance that is all out of whack (.63 mile swim, 30.28 mile bike, 7.2 mile run). I'm shooting for top three in my age group to win a glass mug, plus a top 10 overall would be nice. Either way, this race officially wraps up my Ironman training, so I'm just looking forward to having fun no matter what happens.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My buddy and his wife are having an "Olympic Opening Ceremony party" this evening. Which is basically an excuse for a bunch of us to get together to eat fatty party food and drink beer.

We.need.rain.
Seriously! The county I live in is officially in a drought as of earlier this week. The news said that we normally have around 5 days of over 90* temps... but yesterday was our 16th day of over 90*

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies! Short day for me, I should be off by 2 and on the trails by 3. I rode the Yeti yesterday and tried to pedal up hills as fast as I can on the hard tail, today's legs are feeling it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so I finally convinced my riding group to hit my favourite trail last night (pretty much the techiest DH that's not at the local bike park), and I felt like a sack of shit, likely due to the heat. Had to push up a bunch of climbs that usually are no problem. Good thing it's august caus' I'm done with this heat. done. Good thing there were beers and a lake at the trailhead.

to top it off, for whatever reason the kids were up three times last night, and I feel even worse today, even though I'm sitting in a heavily ACd building with a fan blowing on me.

I hope the heat subsides this weekend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Continued the shit pile clean up last night. Finally managed to get stung on the forearm by one of those flying bastards; I suppose I'll take a 100:1 kill to sting ratio. Also had the pleasure of taking a big fat splinter to the tip of the thumb the other night that's still aggravating. I seem to have a knack for buggering up my hands.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Docket for today:
  1. Coffee
  2. Change tires
  3. Pack
  4. Take Dad to his ortho appt to get his should looked at
  5. Go to Durango to ride the Colorado Trail from Silverton to Durango
Feeling SUNK.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Cloudy day--Food Truck Friday may be rained out/I may have a rainy commute home!

Weekend plans: White Ranch super super early on Saturday solo, Buffalo Creek merely super early on Sunday with Stoney + co.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got to ride the redneck short bus into town this morning. The ride itself isn't bad but the crowd is interesting and the driver gets paid in meth is seems. The stop is just over a mile from the house and only 6 blocks from the office. But it is rather expensive at $6 each way, but it is an option.

If the car isn't done, I will be forced to wait until it is. But I will likely choke a few folks while waiting.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
suicide squad doesn't even rate a F....the special effects in A New Hope are more impressive.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Leaving here in an hour, car is supposed to be done before I get there. My neighbor said last night "you know you will have to take it back at least twice before its right". I really hope he's wrong. :shakefist:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Does he own a Corvette? :busted:
Large diesel Dodge. He loves my car, but hasn't tried to get in it yet. He rode in my other neighbors Vette when he still had his (I never got to see his '76 convertible). But every time he takes his truck in for service, he has to take in it at least twice. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Howdy all. Cloudy day--Food Truck Friday may be rained out/I may have a rainy commute home!

Weekend plans: White Ranch super super early on Saturday solo, Buffalo Creek merely super early on Sunday with Stoney + co.
Just FYI, they are having a equestrianduro event at Buff Creek this weekend. Good luck and God speed if you chose to proceed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
define super early. I might be down for that.

@stoney @Toshi
I've made the mistake of BC during such an event. Don't do that. How much time do you guys have Sunday morning??
Super early for Saturday is something like 5:30 at the trailhead (noting that sunrise is around 6). I want to be back in western Kansas/Stapleton around 9 and you're aware of the pace at which I ascend... :D You could meet me at the bench around 6:45 instead, heh.

Yeah, I'm seeing the wisdom in not being around a mess of horses + their associated peoples.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Super early for Saturday is something like 5:30 at the trailhead (noting that sunrise is around 6). I want to be back in western Kansas/Stapleton around 9 and you're aware of the pace at which I ascend... :D You could meet me at the bench around 6:45 instead, heh.

Yeah, I'm seeing the wisdom in not being around a mess of horses + their associated peoples.
BC is off the books then. Maybe Mountain Lion instead?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:no: