Quantcast

☂☂☂ Whinesday GMT ☂☂☂

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Rode last night instead of the usual Wednesday ride since today looked like rain. Hit our new trail four times to check our latest work. It rides so much better. A little rain on Monday settled the dust and fresh dirt, and it was like carving loam.

Chased a bunch of deer on a few different trails, cleared a fresh deadfall, finished *just* before dark and had a porter in the parking lot. Success.

No ride pics, so here's a crappy shot of my bike mid-ride when I circled back to pick up a friend:

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Half day today due to an off-site work function. We are going curling. Ordinarily I'm not one to attend such functions but when the choice is either go curling or work a normal work day, it wasn't too difficult.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Let me tell you what happens when you accidentally backfeed CIP passivation solution into the entire plant's RO water system used for site-wide manufacturing/testing of pharma grade filtration devices......during production.

People get mad. On the other hand, the loop will be nice and clean, so there's that....

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Let me tell you what happens when you accidentally backfeed CIP passivation solution into the entire plant's RO water system used for site-wide manufacturer/testing of pharma grade filtration devices......during production.

People get mad. On the other hand, the loop will be nice and clean, so there's that....
When you say "you" you don't mean ME, right? 'Cause I had nothing to do with any of that. Just for the record.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Let me tell you what happens when you accidentally backfeed CIP passivation solution into the entire plant's RO water system used for site-wide manufacturer/testing of pharma grade filtration devices......during production.

You should have just pooped into the HVAC system instead.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Let me tell you what happens when you accidentally backfeed CIP passivation solution into the entire plant's RO water system used for site-wide manufacturing/testing of pharma grade filtration devices......during production.

:rofl:

i foresee meetings with the plant manager in your future

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Another fun ride yesterday, have been riding the winter bike lately due to various mechanical issues on normal trail bike. I am again reminded that a heavy, too small, 26r, steel hardtail with flats kicks loads of ass and is at least as fun to ride as my nice dentist-grade megatrail. Managed to keep up with my buddy on his Evil Following to boot. I'm almost excited for our trail conditions to go to shit so I can slide around in the mud on this thing...

Got real work deadlines looming next week and I just got scared/stressed enough to actually get after things. Slamed coffee aaand go!

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
For sure. I rode this bike exclusively last winter and it was actually fantastic for (somewhat) maintaining fitness and it definitely sharpened up my skills after a season of squishy bikes made me lazy. Plus I don't worry about pivots going bad or anything like that. Total win in my book.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For sure. I rode this bike exclusively last winter and it was actually fantastic for (somewhat) maintaining fitness and it definitely sharpened up my skills after a season of squishy bikes made me lazy. Plus I don't worry about pivots going bad or anything like that. Total win in my book.
yea i tend to ride my xc hardtail almost exclusively in the winter. less stuff to go wrong, and we rarely get a lot of snow.

part of me sorta wishes i lived somewhere that got enough snow to justify a fat bike.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
part of me sorta wishes i lived somewhere that got enough snow to justify a fat bike.
If you lived where I do you'd know that no snow is needed to justify putzing around on 5 inch tires. Mud, sand, dirt, roots, gravel--all require maXXXimum traction! I hear you though and I will try one in the snow if I get the chance.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's cookie Wednesday! Looks like a ride is in order this afternoon to celebrate it being Wednesday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I found this in my email this morning:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message body
Someone paid me to kill you..get spared ,

48hrs to pay $5000

If you infom the police or anybody ....death is promised ......

E-mail me now
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So first off, someone paid "death" (who has a french email address :rofl: ) to kill me, but for $5k he won't? How little did they pay? Or are you just really bad at the whole "death" thing?

Second, does this really work?

I haven't emailed death back and payday isn't until Friday, so we will see how this pans out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I am quite enjoying my commuter bike not creaking and clicking all over the place. Winter motorcycle gloves proved to be a bit much for my ride in, though: sweaty wrists.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Howdy all. I am quite enjoying my commuter bike not creaking and clicking all over the place. Winter motorcycle gloves proved to be a bit much for my ride in, though: sweaty wrists.
how cold? answer sleestaks are the bomb for anything below freezing, and they are very well priced.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
oh, and very hard to find these days.
Do they have insulation in the space between your hand and the grip? I think that's the biggest complaint I have with a nicer set of Pearl Izumi winter gloves I have, there's insulation in that interface that makes it a bit floaty feeling to grip onto.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
how cold? answer sleestaks are the bomb for anything below freezing, and they are very well priced.
It's really not that cold these days: 50 or perhaps 45 at the least this morning. The problem is that I (or one of my kids, or the Roomba) lost one of my mid-weight Gore riding gloves so now have to pick between paper thin Fox gloves and insulated motorcycle winter gloves with gauntlet cuffs.

I'll pick up some new mid-weight gloves when I go to REI for store pickup of my new crabonz ski poles in a week or so.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Do they have insulation in the space between your hand and the grip? I think that's the biggest complaint I have with a nicer set of Pearl Izumi winter gloves I have, there's insulation in that interface that makes it a bit floaty feeling to grip onto.
only a very small amount. definitely has more of a "normal" bike glove feel to them. the majority of the insulation is on the exterior parts of the glove (when your hand is on the bars)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Praise the baby FSM that I don't have to work today on stupid fucking airplanes changing stupid fucking engines for no good reason.

5 mile run. Coffee and Mac and Cheese for breakfast. Got to make a Denver run after I shower so that will probably kill the better part of my day. FYI, Mac and Cheese from Costco is rad. Pretty sure it has 100000% of your daily cholesterol.

:disgust1:

A fat bike is the only exception to the N+1 rule.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Donkeys. So many donkeys.

Have had the same meeting cancelled twice today; both cancellations happened within 3 minutes of when the meeting was supposed to occur. The second cancellation is apparently because of something happening on Monday. Huh, its freakin' Wednesday, what the heck does next Monday have to do with today?!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's really not that cold these days: 50 or perhaps 45 at the least this morning. The problem is that I (or one of my kids, or the Roomba) lost one of my mid-weight Gore riding gloves so now have to pick between paper thin Fox gloves and insulated motorcycle winter gloves with gauntlet cuffs.

I'll pick up some new mid-weight gloves when I go to REI for store pickup of my new crabonz ski poles in a week or so.
100% Briskers are great cool weather glove. I wear them down to about 25°, if in the woods.

Got to Brevard about 2:30 PM. Got a slot for the R-Pod at Davidson, $55- through Monday with my old fart's pass. Not sure if I'm going to stay through Monday or not. My general idea for tomorrow is Clawhammer and Black Mountain.

Friday's family shit, weekend's undetermined.

Ohyeah black bear raided the campsite I'm at at 3:00 AM today. Broke into coolers next door and ate all the food.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Trying something new to repair my relationship. I went horseback riding. I did fine. Soon to be ex. Not so much. Horses are assholes. My Horse was cool. Ducked the low branches and saddle scrapers. Hers was a Asshole. I gave her horse a apple from our picnic basket. She was on board after that. I smell like horse and am alone....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got to Brevard about 2:30 PM. Got a slot for the R-Pod at Davidson, $55- through Monday with my old fart's pass. Not sure if I'm going to stay through Monday or not. My general idea for tomorrow is Clawhammer and Black Mountain.

Friday's family shit, weekend's undetermined.
Have an awesome ride tomorrow !

Ohyeah black bear raided the campsite I'm at at 3:00 AM today. Broke into coolers next door and ate all the food.
Now that's a Pisgah Proper welcome. Freakin bears. Oh, speaking of, if you smell something like a dog and there's no dog in sight, chances are a bear is near by.