Quantcast

☃☮☮ It's Friday B**tches GMT ☮☮☃

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still in Copenhagen. Drinks tonight.

We have decided to move back to Copenhagen. So I need to sell the apartment and find a job in Copenhagen. Little scary but hopefully it should lead to a lot of new adventures.

Mountain biking is not very technical but there are some cool riding in Sweden too and the rest of Europe is close.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Theoretically, rain's coming. I'll believe it when it's here.
Quite a few counties up north have a Flood Watch issued until Sunday night. The better part of 99% of the Team I ride along with has the Vermont Food Bank Point to Point on Saturday. A shop customer came up from Hartford with intent upon riding the new Mountain Loop at Ascutney.

Work is going well, the Post Office found a bike part I ordered two weeks ago, and the Chocolate Milk I just drank w/ Breakfast was in fact Chocolate Milk.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC

We have decided to move back to Copenhagen. So I need to sell the apartment and find a job in Copenhagen. Little scary but hopefully it should lead to a lot of new adventures.

Mountain biking is not very technical but there are some cool riding in Sweden too and the rest of Europe is close.
I want to move back to Stockholm.

Probably taking a half day this afternoon. Anyone have a lead on a medium 5010 carbon?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

Leaving in a moment to go ride for 3 days in the high country with some of our other fine, established CO monkeys. Have fun and make good decisions this weekend!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin peeps!

Leaving in a moment to go ride for 3 days in the high country with some of our other fine, established CO monkeys. Have fun and make good decisions this weekend!
That sounds both rich and rewarding.

I'm up early because I got over excited about the Maah Daah Hey trail deal, the entire ride would be too much for me this year but, now that it is in my mind - I cannot shake it. I believe I will make it happen but with 2 days of out and back - one north, one south.

Also weekend so fuck yeah!!!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin peeps!

Waiting for Comcast cable tech to turn up so I can head out to try and find these mooks, but will miss out on the first day of riding. :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I did a short three mile run before work. Tapering for a race is funny. You feel good for about a week, and then suddenly you start to feel slow and like absolute hell. Yesterday and today felt like I had a piano strapped to my back when I ran. :dead: The idea is that by this time next week, that piano will be replaced by a rocket.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I did the overnight oximetry test last night. Feels weird sleeping with something attached to one's index finger. Apparently my sleeping heart rate is 48. 20 bpm to catch Indurain…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wooo Friday.

There better be coffee in the pot. Fuckin' engineers are the worst at taking the last drop and not starting another one.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
consuming coffee, annoyed by the MIL trying to talk to me at 6am. Wife and her got in a shouting match last night over the MIL spouting off on how Trump will save the USA and everything is the fault of the illegal mexicans in the USA. Dumbass racist biatch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

europe has trains and awesome campers

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Last normal work day before a 2 week production shutdown so a large-scale construction job I'm managing can happen.

If you don't see me after August 28th, it's likely because shit went wrong and I got fired.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Received a lovely letter in the mail yesterday from the state of Colorado indicating we did not pay our 2015 taxes. So I start digging around in our bank statements and found that the check we wrote never cleared, even though I have the carbon copy. Even more distressing, the feds never withdrew from out checking either. Near as I can tell, somehow, even though we sat down together and did our tax-ly duties, and I have all the printouts, we never actually filed our 2015 taxes. Currently on hold with teh IRS for just about half an hour now. I've been up half the night stressing the fuck out over 72 dollars. :panic:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Good friend coming to visit this weekend, the weather is amazing here in western WA, and I have a fun little built-in window seat project with drawers I'm chipping away at. Looks like doing it properly means cutting the carpet out under the thing and having someone out to re-stretch it. :doh:
image.jpeg

This is the carcass that goes on a 2" tall frame that is leveled and screwed to the floor

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Welp, all my plans for a nice relaxing evening of dinner, laundry and wrenching on the bikes just got tossed out the window; got a text from a friend asking if I want to ride. Hell yeah I do!

Can't say no...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

cool. when i'm in europe again i'll look you up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
consuming coffee, annoyed by the MIL trying to talk to me at 6am. Wife and her got in a shouting match last night over the MIL spouting off on how Trump will save the USA and everything is the fault of the illegal mexicans in the USA. Dumbass racist biatch.
you should deport your MIL. at the very least, build a wall around your house.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Received a lovely letter in the mail yesterday from the state of Colorado indicating we did not pay our 2015 taxes. So I start digging around in our bank statements and found that the check we wrote never cleared, even though I have the carbon copy. Even more distressing, the feds never withdrew from out checking either. Near as I can tell, somehow, even though we sat down together and did our tax-ly duties, and I have all the printouts, we never actually filed our 2015 taxes. Currently on hold with teh IRS for just about half an hour now. I've been up half the night stressing the fuck out over 72 dollars. :panic:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTSF is is full effect. I have a meeting at 3 to look forward to and the rest of the day will be tracking down info. It seems we paid a company to put together a "lab" for testing a system we have in production. There are people who seem to think this "lab" that cost "millions of dollars and over a year to build" is on the 1st floor. I keep trying to tell them there is a room on the 1st floor we call "the lab" but there are only 2 desktops in there connected to 2 phones to access the system and you can do it from any networked system. The actual "lab" is made up of 6 virtual machines that live in this magical place known as "the cloud" and isn't some place we can walk into to see. And I still don't see what took over a year and millions of dollars to build (unless it is millions in software licenses and contractors that did the installs).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

FTSF is is full effect. I have a meeting at 3 to look forward to and the rest of the day will be tracking down info. It seems we paid a company to put together a "lab" for testing a system we have in production. There are people who seem to think this "lab" that cost "millions of dollars and over a year to build" is on the 1st floor. I keep trying to tell them there is a room on the 1st floor we call "the lab" but there are only 2 desktops in there connected to 2 phones to access the system and you can do it from any networked system. The actual "lab" is made up of 6 virtual machines that live in this magical place known as "the cloud" and isn't some place we can walk into to see. And I still don't see what took over a year and millions of dollars to build (unless it is millions in software licenses and contractors that did the installs).
:rofl:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Not much happening and nobody around to notice. I think I'll call it a day after this beer/lunch and go watch my sister in law do some Olympics.

Really want to re-bleed my back brake, but I suspect I will have kids to entertain/distract.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
first trail ride in 3 weeks. 97 degrees plus hella humidity. beat the piss outta me. recovering with beers. this does not bode well for mountains route i have planned for sunday.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

That happened to me for 2014. Well close anyways. I got a letter in June of 2015 stating we were being dines 1800 dollars for not filing on time. Went to the office and was told just wait for now, see if you get another notice. When I went to the office I had the cancelled check that was included in the filing. Showed it was cashed on April 12th. They stated to me it was not sent till June. So I waited as instructed, two months later I received another letter, with another 1200 dollar fine for non payment.

Rest of the story short, fought and fought, finally just gave up and paid them last December to make them go away. Last week I finally get a letter and a refund check saying they found the original envelope with a date on it. Took over a year to resolve, seemed as if nothing happened till I I'd them.