Quantcast

☄ ☄ ☄ Moonday GMT ☄ ☄ ☄

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I guess no comets will be exterminating life on this planet today so back in the office I am. I truly hope UPS delivers my chainring today, and not in the last moments before the sunset. :rant:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rode in this morning; didn't die. Wifey is being courted by her prior employer's biggest competitor. There are 4 major players in the SF market; she left one and this is another. Word is getting out that she was laid off and she's been getting a spike in the number of phone calls from people who left the prior company and are now working at competitors.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Girl and I were listening to Pandora yesterday while packing up stuff in the house mid-move when Closing Time came on. Girl starting weeping uncontrollably.

Thanks, hormones!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damn. I'm tired and was not planning on riding tonight, but it looks like a blue sky type of day out there. Might have to ride to take advantage. :monkey:

Ignoring all emails for 3 days sure does put a damper on any plans for today. Oh well.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
oh hi !

Full weekend including skiing, biking and lots of eating. I've been doing this "eat 6 times a day" thing and probably tripled the amount of vegetables in my diet. I feel great and I'm down 4 lbs since before being sick.

Bunch of snow this week in the mtns. Perfect trail conditions down here in town. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
My spawn was sick all weekend, so we had to lay low. Still got in 4 hrs of trail work on Earth Day and squeezed in 2 hrs on the CX yesterday. I need to get my trail bike up and running this week.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Moving in to move out. Spend a good part of yesterday collecting stuff we had stored while staging the apartment. Leaving for Denmark Wednesday so full focus on resume and job hunting.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Monday YAY!!! Friday was nice, the rest of the weekend was gray and wet. Got the bike dog leash attachment thing and installed it, but haven't tried it. Fat head pooch ripped her rain poncho (told the wife we should have gotten the XL) and she doesn't like to go out in the rain without it. So if we get a break, I'll get to try it out.

It does have an air fitting style quick connect so you just have the post mount if you don't want the whole thing attached. Seems pretty slick, see how it actually works.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning Monday Monkeys. My attempts at attending the music festival on Saturday was thwarted by a distinct lack of one day passes available and I could not justify the two day pass. Oh well, I heard it was crowded, beer was expensive and the Widespread set was not the best. I did get some yardwork done and home improvement projects advanced. drank and ate with friends too. Absolutely nothing going on at work today, so I may bail out at lunch and go work on the bathroom renovation at home. Raining here today, so no ride for me.

I did make plans with a buddy to start lifting weights at 6:15 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Looking forward to this. I hope it goes well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wifey is being courted by her prior employer's biggest competitor
This is good. Still prudent to not up and buy a huge ol' house anytime soon, though.

Over two 7A-5P shifts this weekend I read 49 CTs, 13 MRs, 42 ultrasounds, 162 plain films. That's busy.

I also got another paper accepted this weekend. That's publication #23 for me for those counting. Amusingly given that I'm actively looking to defect from academics is that this paper is on a professional development lecture series designed to increase faculty retention in academia.

:D

This morning is dedicated to waiting for the painter (done) and plumber (pending) to come by for final warranty work. Did I mention that we closed in December so this shit has been dragging on for months?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hard to get a large loan when you only have one long-term steady income, at least on paper.
That's impinging on your 'Murican freedums to not be allowed extra free monies though for a bigger house and monster pickup.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Moar rain today with flood watches being issued...but like they say, when it rains like fuck, go build a huck

(from yesterday}

Also managed to freshen up an existing lander

Hope throw up another air lift after work today if the launch zone isn't an aquatic habitat.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
oh hi !

Full weekend including skiing, biking and lots of eating. I've been doing this "eat 6 times a day" thing and probably tripled the amount of vegetables in my diet. I feel great and I'm down 4 lbs since before being sick.

Bunch of snow this week in the mtns. Perfect trail conditions down here in town. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
How are the poops with the increased vegetable intake?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
phffttt ... don't they know who you are?
Right? I mean... seriously? In reality low, fixed rate loans make sense though. Buying outright would be nice, but too baller and not the best idea for future revenue generation.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Girl and I were listening to Pandora yesterday while packing up stuff in the house mid-move when Closing Time came on. Girl starting weeping uncontrollably.

Thanks, hormones!
can kind of relate....got weepy the day after my uncle died when black mountains "buried by the blues" came on in shuffle mode...

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
:rockout:
any pics of you yahoos hitting this?
Here's the original shovel ninja who cut the line, but this was before we set it up with the above pictured wooden ramp.

In this guise, it was a big reach, and said shovel ninja cracked a rear rim when he "love tapped" the top board. To his immense credit, he made it several times cleanly, but no way I would've given it as it was. TBH, with the new ramp, it looks pretty inviting and will hopefully yield some BC-bro worthy action shots.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New derailleur hanger worked like a champ. Trail conditions are really good. Had BPW all to myself. Bike is dialed in. New brake pads bite hard. I like that....

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
The joys of a day on the DH bike are carrying me through this shitty Monday. I have to give Massanutten credit for some really fun trails even in very wet conditions, cool people, etc. Also, their bike requirements are on point :busted:
Slide1.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Counted 9 dump trucks at the corner next to the house. Somebody is about to rob the federal reserve. Time to call John McClane

Cool story bro side note: I was actually in NYC the summer they filmed the movie and saw Bruce when they filmed the scene by the 8th Street and Broadway subway entrance (which is actually the N and R stop not 123 Train stop).

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Exhausted from moving into the new place over the weekend. Funny thing is I only spent a handful of minutes in it before buying. It is going to be nicer than I expected. Despite being rather small it has a nice open feeling to it. The acoustics are outstanding for music.

Property management company is trying to stick me with an extra few weeks of rent on the old place. Unless I missed something in the lease they don't have a fucking leg to stand on. Will be going over the lease again tonight. If I am correct I am going to do my best to make things rather difficult for them. Despite multiple requests from me and multiple promises by them, the lockbox was never removed from my front door. I have since figured out the combination to the lock and changed the combination. The box will be returned and affixed to their office's front door when the time is right.