Quantcast

★†‡ Saturday stuff gmt ‡†★

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's 5;30. Now's a good time to get up. Said nobody ever.

Child birthday party today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thankfully my wife has embraced my curmudgeon and we don't decorate or have to do anything special on "holidays".

The to-do list isn't shrinking:
  • fit winter wheels and bleed brakes on the car
  • change oil in the snow blower
  • fit the new thermocouples I bought to the camper stove to see if that fixes it

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hung some festivus lights while waiting for UPS. lost motivation after one strand.

Looks like we have killed the doggie ear mite infestation, no more bloody residue. Another week of ear drops twice a day to go. Today I get to spray the bedding again.

But first Espresso, yard work and then off to the park to work on learning how to effectively cast my new fly rod

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I was gonna hit a quick singlespeed ride for platano breakfast, but made instead made it a lazy morning while the girls are out on a sea turtle release, since I have to take the mutt to Dog School at 10.

Did some tinkering and tried to upsize the 26" hoops on my (STI's, really, in the hearts of RM I'm sure) Canfield. But turns out I have the wrong rear axle kit for the Stan's 330HD hub, so I guess that's a future-me issue. Till then I apparently have a mini mullet, riding on my 2005 Marzo 888...turns out it will clear a 27.5 at the arch and also under the (aftermarket, go-ride.com flat) crowns under compression.

1638630541501.png

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
It's gymnastics meet day! It's been SO long since we have been able to have an in person meet with spectators (limited but they can come). Extra coffee in hand and ready to get these girls back to competing! Alex is a level 3 now and Syd is a level 8 and a coach so it's going to be a long day for the 3 of us (I run the home meets for our gym so I'll be there scoring and handing our awards and of course feeding the judges and coaches). Can't wait to see the new routines and skills these girls have!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Teh Spousal Unit™ is on call today, so she gets to stick close to the house. I'm going to pedal my bike for a few hours, and that won't suck. Otherwise, finally going through all of our wedding photos from the photographer and selecting favorites so that the photographer can build us our fancy photo album. There are over a thousand pictures from the day, I think this one really captures the essence of our wedding and marriage so far:

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.11.13 AM.png

Greetings, gents. Gorgeous day here, think I'll pull down the blinds and eat oxy every four hours. Sieze the day, I say!
What happened to you again? Surgery or some such nonsense?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
ugh, back pain is back again in full force. wtf - why does this happen on weekends?

also, first real snow of the year is falling here. driving the kids to ski practice, it was white-out conditions. but dumb-asses are not driving like it. the drive back from the ski place took 2x as long as usual (40 vs. 20 minutes) but I still saw two accidents and a number of close calls. people driving too close, and cutting other cars off to merge.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Teh Spousal Unit™ is on call today, so she gets to stick close to the house. I'm going to pedal my bike for a few hours, and that won't suck. Otherwise, finally going through all of our wedding photos from the photographer and selecting favorites so that the photographer can build us our fancy photo album. There are over a thousand pictures from the day, I think this one really captures the essence of our wedding and marriage so far:

View attachment 168341

What happened to you again? Surgery or some such nonsense?
Elective surgery to fix an old problem that was really holding me back. Should be on the indoor trainer by next week, though.
Great pic of you two!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Been a day full o' chores so far, but I'll head out for a run once my lunch digests a bit. Got to Costco when they opened this morning and it was surprisingly quiet, but the place was hopping by the time we got out of there. My highlight of that trip was picking up a bag of Ghirardelli squares.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I was gonna hit a quick singlespeed ride for platano breakfast, but made instead made it a lazy morning while the girls are out on a sea turtle release, since I have to take the mutt to Dog School at 10.

Did some tinkering and tried to upsize the 26" hoops on my (STI's, really, in the hearts of RM I'm sure) Canfield. But turns out I have the wrong rear axle kit for the Stan's 330HD hub, so I guess that's a future-me issue. Till then I apparently have a mini mullet, riding on my 2005 Marzo 888...turns out it will clear a 27.5 at the arch and also under the (aftermarket, go-ride.com flat) crowns under compression.

View attachment 168339
Looking good! This bike will survive WW3 and maybe even the Chinese takeover of the world. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What happened to your Bridgestone ?
Lent it to my buddy when he showed up drunk at my house at 1:am. He went back to the bar with it. No lock and a patron took it at closing time. The thief took it back to the bar the next night. A attentive bouncer spotted it and told a passing Cop. Drunky drunkington left his car at the bar and it got towed. He blamed that on me to his wife.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kid 3 officially up on skis. Now back at the house for her nap time, then off to pick up the big kids after Devo.

A39C0A0B-DE16-4EFE-B84D-F9F7D08C5BFB.jpeg

EA61A1CD-8254-4F89-A581-D8BCDC7978EF.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
First dirt ride since fukkering myself back in September. I should probably do some more dirt riding...
I might have some time to go riding during the week next week, if GBS gets done with it on Tuesday as promised (regular tune and true + new tire time)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Spent the day raking leaves, then a short rugged ride before the sunset. Now my watch is telling me to rest for 36 hours, da fuq?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
First dirt ride since fukkering myself back in September. I should probably do some more dirt riding...
why yes, yes you should.

wife under the weather from booster. me under the weather from some sort of non covid virus. 16yo being argumentative. le ugh. put xmas light balls up in the front. thank the fsm that's over.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Spent the day raking leaves, then a short rugged ride before the sunset. Now my watch is telling me to rest for 36 hours, da fuq?
It's because you're old.

I still haven't tackled anything on my to-do list but had a good ride with wifey at a local spot we don't hit too often.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Rode in the mud yesterday, good ride but overly greasy and slidy in parts. Then had friends over to stay and stayed up till 3:30am drinking. Paying for it now. Fam trying to drag me out to go swimming. Does not want.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
why yes, yes you should.

wife under the weather from booster. me under the weather from some sort of non covid virus. 16yo being argumentative. le ugh. put xmas light balls up in the front. thank the fsm that's over.
sounds like he should be enrolled skaredshtles school of pushups....

in other news....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Pad See Ew with a side of prik nam pla.
There's a place across the street from a local Flow Easy™ trail system that has a chicken dish that's deep fried and covered in a spicy peanut sauce. The chicken chunks are extra crispy and don't get soggy at all. I dip each piece in Nam Prik Nam Pla. One of my favorite dishes, but haven't been in years.