Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿¿¿fuck it friday¿¿¿●●●☆☆☆

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee time on the left coast. dogs have eaten and are now naping. My legs feel fine from last nights run but my upper body is a little stiff, very weird. I really don't want to go drive the short bus this morning but until I win the lottery off to work I go.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
No work for me today and if there were very little would get done... slept in but wide awake now. Will do the gym and take the new tires out for 15 miles of pavement break in. I will be the knarliest biker on the entire bike path. :monkey:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My legs are freakin gassed, man. 60 hard minutes on the bike trainer last night, and 10 miles on the treadmill at 7:31 avg pace this morning. :dead: But now all my hard workouts are out of the way this week and I can enjoy skiing my nuts off this weekend.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Monday Monday for me. Up early looking for the last few prices of paperwork in the mail for the underwriter, will try for a couple hours nap before work and hope for the best. If no nap then it's gonna be a long 25 hours awake

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Swim this morning, 4 miles run last night - nowhere near IAB's pace. Long run and bike this weekend, then Haley on Monday. I might just take her up to ski and drop her into class. I'm just hesitant to do so because I don't want to get stuck in weekend traffic coming home. Ugh. The decisions...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's actually raining here. Again. Must be global warming or some shit. We've had more rain in the past two weeks than probably the last 5 years combined. Maybe get lucky and get kicked loose early today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a quiet day in the office, a bit nippy outside. Speaking of hooch, I bought a bottle of this a while back and have not busted it out yet. Fail.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Working until 11:30 then skiing! It's nice living so close to skiing because I don't have to drive very far and can spend more time having fun. It's snowing right now and I hope it continues.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am working and not drinking. Such is my life.

The ride in this morning was very pleasant, at least. I like seeing sunlight.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Working until 11:30 then skiing! It's nice living so close to skiing because I don't have to drive very far and can spend more time having fun. It's snowing right now and I hope it continues.
I have tried to snowboard in Bend 5 times over the years and it always resulted in epic failure. If I could have moved there, I would have, dammit. I'm glad you take advantage of it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hmph. My mobile will not play video today. 90 minutes of hills on the treadmill, no running, 45 minutes on the eliptcal and 3 entire laps in the pool. Arrived home to find a note taped to the vacuum. It must be clue...

I was surprised by rain this morning, my noon ridemwill be wet.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hmph. My mobile will not play video today. 90 minutes of hills on the treadmill, no running, 45 minutes on the eliptcal and 3 entire laps in the pool. Arrived home to find a note taped to the vacuum. It must be clue...

I was surprised by rain this morning, my noon ridemwill be wet.
That sounds painful to me.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I should totally duck out. Heading to a friends house tonight for adult conversations and UFC, should be a fun night. It just sucks driving from out in the sticks into town. I think by Spring we will be moved closer. If I were driving my car, I would mind less.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck it friday has been a success. Slept in, drove to bike shop and then went grocery shopping. About to go pick up a pizza. It'll be beer o'clock by the time I get back.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
That sounds painful to me.
Not until tomorrow...

Rain turned into light snow by the time I got out on the bike. I rode 14.41 miles in 1:36:10 averaging 9 miles an hour. In light snow that's about 12MPH in 1 to 2" of soft packed snow it was about 4MPH and much more effort than it should be. We are another 2 weeks from consistent sub freezing weather when biking conditions will be better.

Happy to note that my new watch's satellite tracking appears accurate and connects quickly.

Last edited:
Disassembled my old garage door opener for forensic analysis. The drive assembly had nylon gears that wore out over three decades or so. That tells me that I should plan to replace the opener on Hilarie's side of the garage. I hope it lasts until things start to warm up...