Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿it is shaturday¿¿●●●☆☆☆

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
deciding if i want to gift myself a 6D, 6D MKII, or a long lense....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

The "Meh" is strong today. IIRC I'm supposed to be in charge today and that always immediately doubles the amount of "fuck it"s I have.

Also, dog #2 seemed to have a particularly tough time getting up this AM. Afraid he might be a short timer. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
In the process of waking up. Swim this morning for Haley, lumber yard that does hardwood afterwards, then maybe a second if time allows, painting the cornhole boards, and patching a tire. That is my to do list today. Hopefully I can get it all done.

Haley was a bit of a little shit last night, but she was just hungry. Little food and she was all good, but promptly fell asleep in the car back from dinner. Apparently bike day at school was exhausting.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Wife and Lil heathen are on their way to the in laws. I am beginning a two week bachelor stint. The trails burned a couple days ago, should be good building if it wasn't so freaking hot.

20170706_074102.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They are playing the Dirty Dancing soundtrack at swim. I shall have Hungry Eyes in my head all day long. Shit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife and elder kid doing a bubble run (walk) with thousands of other people. It's less than a mile from us. I am watching the younger kid and the kitten then mowing the overgrown lawn.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In the emergency room. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I am 100% sure that I broke my collarbone.

This sucks.... Had to walk out of the forest from the furthest possible spot and got murdered by mosquitos.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
In the emergency room. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I am 100% sure that I broke my collarbone.

This sucks.... Had to walk out of the forest from the furthest possible spot and got murdered by mosquitos.
dude. fuck!
what happened? I'm guessing the bike and you had a disagreement?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Good excuse to get the girl you rode tacos with, er, whom you rode and then ate tacos… that one, in any case. Anyway, get her to nurse/doctor you back to health. Note the gender neutral roles specified here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
dude. fuck!
what happened? I'm guessing the bike and you had a disagreement?
This tree came out of nowhere and grabbed my bars. Pretty much got ejected out the front and onto my shoulder.

Waiting to hear if it's broken or if something is dislocated.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Canadmos, get better. Broken collar bone such ass. Sorry to hear you get the fun experience.

Up early with the new pup today. Wife had work, took the lil man to her co workers place so I could sleep. Pup needed to go out so I am up anyways. Hopefully be able to get back to sleep here shortly. 12 hour shift ahead, then a four mile mile first thing in the AM. Good times

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

That does suck...fucking mosquitos.

Good excuse to get the girl you rode tacos with, er, whom you rode and then ate tacos… that one, in any case. Anyway, get her to nurse/doctor you back to health. Note the gender neutral roles specified here.
You should definitely take the good doctor's advise.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Just got done with a 24 mile mountain bike ride with the wife. Mills River campground to Laurel Mtn, up Laurel to Mt. Pisgah and back down. Something like 3,800 feet of climbing. Wife killed it on the dh on her new Evil. Beautiful day in 'The Pisgah'

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Just got done with a 24 mile mountain bike ride with the wife. Mills River campground to Laurel Mtn, up Laurel to Mt. Pisgah and back down. Something like 3,800 feet of climbing. Wife killed it on the dh on her new Evil. Beautiful day in 'The Pisgah'
I'm thinking about hitting Laurel to Pilot Rock and the inner loop tomorrow. All depends on if I can get enough sleep to drive six hours and ride five.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I'm thinking about hitting Laurel to Pilot Rock and the inner loop tomorrow. All depends on if I can get enough sleep to drive six hours and ride five.
Conditions were super dry today. Not a speck of mud on the bike. However, I would recommend going to wlos.com and looking at the radar right now. It's raining harder than a cow pissing on a flat rock.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Chris, what route did you and Norm do that day?
We rode from Turkey Pen, up to Laurel, across Laurel, down Pilot and were supposed to continue back to Turkey Pen, but we rode the highway back into Brevard due to the stupid sun setting. Coming down the road at speed was wild.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
do it. i regularly drive 4 to ride 3 or 4 hours at wilsons. worth it every time. i might hit wilsons tomorrow as a matter of fact . . .

that Laurel/Pilot + inner is a great ride.

@canadmos - heal the eff up, dude!!!

lots of decluttering / chores today. felt good. will keep it up. drinking biers now and getting fam ready for a week in durham. I'll go up for a few days, then come back for the last half of the week. Hope to get a ride or two in. Loved watching that WC this AM.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Conditions were super dry today. Not a speck of mud on the bike. However, I would recommend going to wlos.com and looking at the radar right now. It's raining harder than a cow pissing on a flat rock.
The only thing I could find was flooding in parts of Hendersonville, and not much rain in Mills River. But who knows.

Looks like we're (x-pro friend is coming along) not going to get started until 3:30 or 4:00. Taking lights just in case. Pilot Rock at night after potential flash floods...yup, this trip has adventure written all over it.