Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿turdsday gfmt¿¿●●●☆☆☆

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Do you have any idea how much our cars, etc actually cost? We be cheap* bastards. Wifey drives a $60k 2013 Infiniti JX35 that is identical to the 2014 QX60. We got the JX35 at $32k (at 30k miles) because it was the old lineup number, where the QX60 with less miles was $36k. Luxury depreciation is a bitch. The 2010 subaru is a $32k new car that I got for $21k (iirc) in 2014 and the M was an $80k ($100k adjusted for inflation because it's 15 years old) car new that I got for ~$27k after the initial repairs to get it running. You can have toys if you buy them for cheap.
you bust your ass so i am officially done giving you shit about it.

going to see a henry rollins photo/spoken word/slide show/meet/greet thingy in january...

should be interesting.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got the footer adapter from Thule, footers off ebay and I had the cross bars, kayak rack and bike tray. spent a couple of hours after work setting it up on my newused Mercedes now I can go play using the car, truck, or RV

oh and to play the $$ game. the car was given to me for free, the 350 4x4 dually was 4 years old sold originally or 78K we got it for 38K

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
What's the difference? Don't laugh, I honestly do not know. If it tells you anything, the skis are rossignol skis, non-waxable type, with a high camber that will work well in a back country/hunting application..... As put to me by the ski people when I took them in. Got the skis, poles, and bindings earlier this year at a yard sale for 20 bucks. Dude got them for hunting, used them once and put them away. I do k ow the bindings are nnn style....
I think those ski people are not being fully truthful. generally, backcountry skis have little camber, and a soft flex. this way they track well in deep/soft snow. you're generally not overly concerned about glide in that situation, and you are more concerned with control and flotation. That said, for $20 you can't go wrong. Then you can experiment with what works for you and what doesn't.

actually, you said the previous owner used them for hunting. are you planning on using them in set tracks or for roaming the backcountry in search of prey?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
What's the difference? Don't laugh, I honestly do not know. If it tells you anything, the skis are rossignol skis, non-waxable type, with a high camber that will work well in a back country/hunting application..... As put to me by the ski people when I took them in. Got the skis, poles, and bindings earlier this year at a yard sale for 20 bucks. Dude got them for hunting, used them once and put them away. I do k ow the bindings are nnn style....
prolly classic then.
The difference is skating is...well skating but needs a groomed track. Hard to learn but a blast once you get it down. Made me a much better alpine skier.

Classic is the...well, classic style. like the motion everyone thinks of when they think XC skiing. Like a nordic track. Does not require a set track but helps lots.

poor example...but... skate on the left.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I think those ski people are not being fully truthful. generally, backcountry skis have little camber, and a soft flex. this way they track well in deep/soft snow. you're generally not overly concerned about glide in that situation, and you are more concerned with control and flotation. That said, for $20 you can't go wrong. Then you can experiment with what works for you and what doesn't.

actually, you said the previous owner used them for hunting. are you planning on using them in set tracks or for roaming the backcountry in search of prey?
The answer is
..... Yes..... I plan on using them for back country hunting, and just plain getting g out and having fun. I sent in an email to Rossignol for more info, they called them a touring ski, best described as an all around do it all good, nothing best ski. I will eventually get something nicer, likely two sets, one made for back could try type stuff and something for go fast. But like you said.... 20 bucks for the right size, can't go wrong