Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿weds gfmt¿¿●●●☆☆☆

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So, in the interest of not going dirtmcgirk/stinkyboy on myself, I'd decided a couple weeks back, with encouragement from my wife to seek counseling again. Anger has been an issue as well as a great deal of apathy and/or depression. Found a shrink online, set up an appointment, cleared with insurance, yada yada. Got here early to do the whole paperwork thing, nobody in the office, door locked. Hung out in the parking lot, no new cars. Still nobody in the office. First session was supposed to start about 10 minutes ago. Feels like this is a perfect illustration of how my mental state of mind has been lately.

Fuck it. Bought new running shoes at REI on the way over. Going to go run in Garden Of the Gods. Kill list just grew by one. :mad:
i stopped by there during my visit in december. cool spot. saw a climber.

maybe don't look for shrinks online?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, in the interest of not going dirtmcgirk/stinkyboy on myself, I'd decided a couple weeks back, with encouragement from my wife to seek counseling again. Anger has been an issue as well as a great deal of apathy and/or depression. Found a shrink online, set up an appointment, cleared with insurance, yada yada. Got here early to do the whole paperwork thing, nobody in the office, door locked. Hung out in the parking lot, no new cars. Still nobody in the office. First session was supposed to start about 10 minutes ago. Feels like this is a perfect illustration of how my mental state of mind has been lately.

Fuck it. Bought new running shoes at REI on the way over. Going to go run in Garden Of the Gods. Kill list just grew by one. :mad:
You have to be kidding, right? WTF is wrong with people? "Hi. I need to set up an appt because my brain is unhappy. This is of great importance." "Hello. Anybody there? Assholes."

Think positive. And maybe look North with a commute? CS can make anybody with an education and soul want to kill themselves.

Hang in, Shane, we're with you.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
shane....i read my anger and apathy bedtime stories every night...you aren't the only one.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had conversation with field director. I have been his priority for tapping when he's ready to expand his team. No immediate opportunity, but he's reaching out to my mgr and director to let them know that I am game when he's ready to tap me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Looks like you are well on your way to having yourself a sugar momma!
: sadpanda:

I don't think these losses are even used to offset my income. They just zero out hers and are carried forward against her future, meager earnings.

/me will be working forever

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just had conversation with field director. I have been his priority for tapping when he's ready to expand his team. No immediate opportunity, but he's reaching out to my mgr and director to let them know that I am game when he's ready to tap me.
Is this wise to make waves before a position to jump to is secured?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey don't ruin it for him, he's letting the big boss tap him on the side with a promise of a "big promotion" just as soon as the opening arises :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey don't ruin it for him, he's letting the big boss tap him on the side with a promise of a "big promotion" just as soon as the opening arises :D
Part of my annual review yesterday was about where do I want to go within the company to progress forward. Corp policy requires that your direct manager know if you are looking at or interviewing for positions within the firm. They have already discussed with each other about me potentially moving into that role.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got it. That's weird. My policy is to shut the hell up when around people in power until I have my next move all lined up.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Revised offer received......with the higher base salary, and they forgot to change the bonus target (supposed to be 8%, still says 15%).

Responded pointing it out, and said I'm fine with the 15% for my honesty.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Going to go run in Garden Of the Gods.
Ugh......I fought the hills and the hills won. :dead: Also, new shoes + long run = rookie mistake. Blisters on both pinkie toes.

why can't old shrink be new shrink?
Was told "no longer with the practice" by the office. That's all they would say.

Couldn't deal with him anymore. Too depressing. Same reaction as the hooker.
Potato/Potatoe

And thanks fellas. This has been coming for a while, it's just taken me awhile to man up. Honestly, the thing with Stinkyboy was what pushed me to start looking into counseling again. I don't know the particulars of why he chose to go the way he did, everybody struggles in their own way, but I don't quite think I'm ready to punch my own ticket. Somebody else's is a definite possibility, but not my own, not yet.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
And thanks fellas. This has been coming for a while, it's just taken me awhile to man up. Honestly, the thing with Stinkyboy was what pushed me to start looking into counseling again. I don't know the particulars of why he chose to go the way he did, everybody struggles in their own way, but I don't quite think I'm ready to punch my own ticket. Somebody else's is a definite possibility, but not my own, not yet.

I went to a shrinkologist for several months last year due my not caring about anything except bikes and biking. In the past when I went through the no care periods I ended up divorced and without a job for 5 years, I enjoyed it at the time but I know I couldn't go through that again. I benefitted from the sessions and now have my head screwed fairly tight... for the moment. I am still intent on my plan to withdraw from the working world and run and bike until I die but I am being more methodical and less impulsive about the path.

I wish you the best for a very long time.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ugh......I fought the hills and the hills won. :dead: Also, new shoes + long run = rookie mistake. Blisters on both pinkie toes.

Was told "no longer with the practice" by the office. That's all they would say.

Potato/Potatoe

Shane you know how to get hold of me is you ever needed to rant/vent etc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I went to a shrinkologist for several months last year due my not caring about anything except bikes and biking. In the past when I went through the no care periods I ended up divorced and without a job for 5 years, I enjoyed it at the time but I know I couldn't go through that again. I benefitted from the sessions and now have my head screwed fairly tight... for the moment. I am still intent on my plan to withdraw from the working world and run and bike until I die but I am being more methodical and less impulsive about the path.

I wish you the best for a very long time.

Craziness tends to be more acceptable when it's part of a plan.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head

So I'm more of a lurker than a participant, here have three kids by two different mother's grand children molested as a child for years caught my X wife cheating the day we got home from our honey moon my mom died an hour before I got out of jail for a 60 day stint. I've been in dark places and researched how to off my self easily more than once but I've finally realized a shitty existence here has to be better than no existence it has to be wtf is this all about and why can't it be simple there is no reason it can't be simple but who am I to question anything

I don't really know anyone here but fwiw I can listen give positive feed back or just sit and listen while someone let's it all out children need their parents even if they are in a bad place parents need their kids and friends need their friends hang in there don't give up hope because hope is a good thing

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

So....this comment made me chime in with a random, unrelated and unprovoked thought I had a couple weeks ago, sitting on the couch alone surfing RM, but didn't want to post for fear of harrasment.

I (along with many RM lounge regulars) have been on this forum for 14, 15, 16+ years. For me, that's almost half my life. Through those 14+ years of being part of this beautiful, fucked up internet quasi-family, I feel like there's no less than 100 people I could enter a Newlyweds-type game show with, and fucking win. The crazy part? I know (or fuck, even met) less than a handful in person, disregarding 1 or 2 Monkeyfests. And honestly, will likely never meet many more than that if I lived to be 100. I think what made me think that, is Stinkyboy's passing (and indirectly DMG's passing as well). I likely was never within 2,000 miles of either one of them, yet I felt like they were friends. When I heard they passed, I was genuinely saddened, and mourned in my own, personal fucked up way.

Then it made me think....should I go one way or the other, how many of you seemingly strangers would be affected, even in the slightest sense of the word? And for some strange, fucked up, inexplicable reason, thinking about that made me happy, because I know the number is probably more than I think. And that's not based on the assumption that I'm RM's greatest gift for all you unwashed hoards, but based on the fact that 2 guys who were generally known (and proud) of being assholes on the internet who I had never met made me sad at a primitive level when I knew they were no longer there.

Like I said in the stinkyboy thread, RM is a weird, fucked up and beautiful place. We all have shit that we go through from time to time, but I'd like to think if the death of a stranger can cause one to move to tears, the sincere and genuine words and offers of a lending ear from those same strangers can just as easily help ANY of you work out even the darkest of demons.

That said, I fucking love you all. And hate you all, so fuck off.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
So....this comment made me chime in with a random, unrelated and unprovoked thought I had a couple weeks ago, sitting on the couch alone surfing RM, but didn't want to post for fear of harrasment.

I (along with many RM lounge regulars) have been on this forum for 14, 15, 16+ years. For me, that's almost half my life. Through those 14+ years of being part of this beautiful, fucked up internet quasi-family, I feel like there's no less than 100 people I could enter a Newlyweds-type game show with, and fucking win. The crazy part? I know (or fuck, even met) less than a handful in person, disregarding 1 or 2 Monkeyfests. And honestly, will likely never meet many more than that if I lived to be 100. I think what made me think that, is Stinkyboy's passing (and indirectly DMG's passing as well). I likely was never within 2,000 miles of either one of them, yet I felt like they were friends. When I heard they passed, I was genuinely saddened, and mourned in my own, personal fucked up way.

Then it made me think....should I go one way or the other, how many of you seemingly strangers would be affected, even in the slightest sense of the word? And for some strange, fucked up, inexplicable reason, thinking about that made me happy, because I know the number is probably more than I think. And that's not based on the assumption that I'm RM's greatest gift for all you unwashed hoards, but based on the fact that 2 guys who were generally known (and proud) of being assholes on the internet who I had never met made me sad at a primitive level when I knew they were no longer there.

Like I said in the stinkyboy thread, RM is a weird, fucked up and beautiful place. We all have shit that we go through from time to time, but I'd like to think if the death of a stranger can cause one to move to tears, the sincere and genuine words and offers of a lending ear from those same strangers can just as easily help ANY of you work out even the darkest of demons.

That said, I fucking love you all. And hate you all, so fuck off.
If you take yer fancy new job, and if you move closer to Bahstun (but still outside of 495, or, if not, perhaps settle in @Adventurous's parent's basement), and, one morning in April, when you are dragging your ass out of bed to shovel yet another round of snow to clear a path for your lifted mmike-style jeep with hawaiian-style hibiscus seat covers to make it down the driveway to said new fancy job, and you happen to glance out upon the lawn and see me passed out there . . . well then you can yell at me, at the top of your lungs, to get the eff off of it. and I will understand.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sonofabitch..

I was just getting read to change into my workout clothes at 8pm when the CEO called. One of our rigs was stuck in park at a nursing facility. I tried walking them through some possible fixes but no go. Hopped into my truck and headed for Hayward some 35 miles away to where they were. The CEO headed to the office to grab a spare rig and meet me there. I got there about 10 minutes before he did. Tranny might have seized so the crew took off in the back up rig while we called a tow. Drove the CEO back to the office then drove home..It's now 10:35pm and I have a 5am wake up call....Just drove 100 miles ...bite me