Quantcast

☆☆☆Friday GMT☆☆☆

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's after 9 AM Eastern and no GMT? Congrats on your 3 day weekends. I've got nothing going on other than riding my legs off and giving my Dad a ring Sunday. And checking the hourly forecast for the prime riding hours since I don't like to get wet.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HI! Day off from work. I've got my first half ironman tomorrow (wife's third). If all goes according to plan, I should finish somewhere in the 5:15-5:30 area. Top 25% would be nice. Being my first though, I just hope I gain some knowledge and don't fuck it up.

I've done a number of races this year in some really shitty weather (rain, snow, single digit temps, wind). Looks like tomorrow I will be rewarded for those days. It's gonna be fuckin' beautiful.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
mentally preparing for my annual get-the-eff-out-of-dodge fathers-day extravaganza.... buddy of mine has a condo at a local ski hill where he's been busy building trails and writing proposals to get grants to hire crews to build trails. It will be a weekend of no kids, no wives, lots of meat, lots of riding, and apparently, lots of sun and heat. and a lake. :thumb::headbang:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yaawwwwwwwwn g'morning'.

Coffee now, poop in a minute, then ride before the heat of the day. Gonna try and do some adulting, unless I start drinking beer at noon. Again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Check in. Ride home was uneventful. Rode the sidewalk along the death route and was able to comfortably cross all of the major streets. Left my bag at work, as I can take it home today, and was in a rush to get home. Scrubbed almost 10min off by ditching the pack.

Weekend should be vanilla. Swim school tomorrow morning, zoo Sunday, change the oil on the M at some point, and if I'm lucky, I'll try to squeeze in a ride.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday, YAY. Should be a productive work day today. Fathers Day on Sunday, love me some Hallmark holidays. I've been here 30 minutes, can I go home now?

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Bikes were ridden in the woods last night. The pollen content in the air was crazy. You would ride thru some overhanging bushes and you could make it look like it was foggy out. Gave you super cotton mouth as you rode.

My favorite local brewery is releasing their best beer today in cans for the first time evah. They open at 3 and I work till 4. Might have to exit early so I can get in line to score a good fathers day gift for myself.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Work looks crazy good this morning so I'll be starting my weekend at 11AM. New phone much easier to post from... @stoney posts yesterday reminded me to check the 401k and its only up 1.27 so i'm dumping it and buying silver.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

@6thElement & Wife = Mr. & Mrs. Hammertime. They dragged me up Belcher yesterday. Now I have a day full of statistics training to recover with before @Nick and I have a bit of fun tomorrow.
SSV? :brows:

<snip> 6-7 hours of sheer boredom out on I5 through the central valley wasteland
Self-driving cars would solve this. :D

<snip> Gonna try and do some adulting, unless I start drinking beer at noon. Again.
I would strongly advise against "adulting"... ever.

Five shot Americano has been dropped
You, sir, know how to do coffee.

<snip> reminded me to check the 401k and its only up 1.27 so i'm dumping it and buying silver.
Not silver... index funds. :D

How do I sign up to this program??????????????????????????????????????? Clearly I'm doing it wrong.
I keep giving you the answer, but you won't do it. DO IT. :mad:

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work looks crazy good this morning so I'll be starting my weekend at 11AM. New phone much easier to post from... @stoney posts yesterday reminded me to check the 401k and its only up 1.27 so i'm dumping it and buying silver.
Over what timeline? Market (S&P500) has been flat over last year and is just breaking even. That's very much in line with most investment accts at this point in time. Also, what level of risk are you taking? All of these things are important and definition of an acct does not determine how it should perform.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Over what timeline? Market (S&P500) has been flat over last year and is just breaking even. That's very much in line with most investment accts at this point in time. Also, what level of risk are you taking? All of these things are important and definition of an acct does not determine how it should perform.
Quit confusing the man.

BUY SILVER!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i wish i could invest with some somali pirates. those guys seem to be doing pretty good.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
New irrigation controller installed and parking pass updated for the new academic year. I figure I'll do perhaps 2 hours of research-y work, map out a plan for a new commuter bike (upright, pedal powered), and then mosey on over to Golden Bike Shop to pick up this weekend's steed, a medium Yeti SB5C.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Im old and hoping to retire at 59.5 although 55 would be better. I would say my current risk is moderate to low. My funds are currently managed by Aon Hewitt 15% bond, 22% Large Growth Equity, 2% Large Value Equity, 5% Small Cap, 15% International and 42% in a fund called Lifecycle. My meger gain is YTD.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What are those funds' expense ratios? Extra fees (12-B?) What's the name of the lifecycle fund? Ticker symbols? I can't see why one would have a lifecycle fund and individual funds, as lifecycle funds are made up of the same basic components. It's like adding an egg, an egg yolk, and an egg white to a recipe individually.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
New irrigation controller installed and parking pass updated for the new academic year. I figure I'll do perhaps 2 hours of research-y work, map out a plan for a new commuter bike (upright, pedal powered), and then mosey on over to Golden Bike Shop to pick up this weekend's steed, a medium Yeti SB5C.
If I don't ride tomorrow, maybe a dawn patrol Sunday? Cooler out, plus we can get in more time before there are people in the trail.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
What are those funds' expense ratios? Extra fees (12-B?) What's the name of the lifecycle fund? Ticker symbols? I can't see why one would have a lifecycle fund and individual funds, as lifecycle funds are made up of the same basic components. It's like adding an egg, an egg yolk, and an egg white to a recipe individually.
Yeah... About that. I should probably find out. I do know there are fees. The bulk appears to be Russel 1000 Growth, EAFE Fund and Russel 2000.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Im old and hoping to retire at 59.5 although 55 would be better. I would say my current risk is moderate to low. My funds are currently managed by Aon Hewitt 15% bond, 22% Large Growth Equity, 2% Large Value Equity, 5% Small Cap, 15% International and 42% in a fund called Lifecycle. My meger gain is YTD.
I can't give advice with this, so I'll let Toshi do the educating here. His points are accurate. I like Personal Capital's retirement planning tools, as they are free and their projections are much in line with what we use here: looking at investing for income generation in retirement. That's what really matters - having enough to live off or know how much you can so as to not run out.

**without knowing the Lifecycle fund, having only 15% fixed income is NOT moderate-low.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If I don't ride tomorrow, maybe a dawn patrol Sunday? Cooler out, plus we can get in more time before there are people in the trail.
I'm game, and cooler out seems just the ticket. I have to ride early on Sunday anyway since the rented-on-Friday bike is due back at GBS at opening at 10.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Huevos con chorizo, in my belly. YES.

Put a set of profiles on my dj last night. Night and day from the fsa crap that was taken off. Planning on running up to Leavenworth to session their new velosolutions pumptrack this weekend.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
been watching coverage of Les Gets Crankworx. It's so weird because my cousins have two shops and one restaurant there. I'd rather be there than here right now. I wonder if they're appreciating the crowd. When I asked in the past they said it was usually cheap, loud, obnoxious brits that were mountainbikers, but that was like 15 years ago. I wonder if the scene has changed, and whether CWX attacts a different crowd...