Quantcast

☆☆☆Sunday GMT☆☆☆

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies, I want to bed at 9 last night and 8 hours later... seems like I have the whole town to myself. My legs are kind of sore from trying to keep up the guy I rode with yesterday. I'm now headed out for a light 15 mile spin on the road bike to loosen up. Say hey to Jesus for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fell asleep at around 9:30 last night and just woke up. Man that feels good.

Just going to relax until around lunch and then put in a good ride.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Off to visit the Belcher, the wonderful Belcher of Hills. This will more than likely be the last ride on the Turner as my main bike, I hope I can send it out in style.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
How are those e13 tires holding up? Still running them?
well, they're awesome. I ran a HRII and Minion SS combo yesterday and though they roll so much faster they SS affords nowhere near the grip up or down. Good for some trails, def not all. As slow as I'm going to be today + the terrain I may put the e13s back on the bike.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
well, they're awesome. I ran a HRII and Minion SS combo yesterday and though they roll so much faster they SS affords nowhere near the grip up or down. Good for some trails, def not all. As slow as I'm going to be today + the terrain I may put the e13s back on the bike.
I was thinking of trying DD Shorty or Aggressor/SS combo at some point.
I'm so happy with the Michelins though there's no motivation. E13s are likely next.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
11 miles of rocky & rooty goodness of LDT today, with extra flavor of slimey rocks included. E13 did excellent job as the front tire, as usual, Tomahawk in the rear was skidding all over the place, but it did not kill me. You know you have a good workout when your heart rate gets close to your theoretical maximum a few times in the ride.

Now about to pick an indian take out and then some Resin IPA.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Nice trail ride today although there was standing water and plenty of mud, yesterday afternoon it was bone dry.

I met 3 college students 2 guys riding hardtailsand one young lady riding a full rigid. In a random act of bikeness I offered to give one of them my Gary Fisher Sugar to thrash, one said yes, I gave them my number and they have until 4 to come pick it up. I've never even ridden the new Maxxis tires. While the bike was ton of fun in its day, I'm too old for a pig that fat.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Todays ride was awesome. Super windy out, so the trees were making sketchy noises. Perfect temperature, though.

Highlights of todays ride:
  • While fixing one of our bikes, a group of dudes on some olddddddd bikes cruised by. Sans helmets.....
  • Inhaled some sort of large insect, at the very beginning of a "downhill" trail.
  • Got passed by a dog on one of the "downhill" trails.
  • Both of us were huffing for air after a long climb. Guy mentions that it'd be way easier if "we" went down in size from a 36 tooth chain ring. LOL'd and tucked my tail between my legs (I have a 32 tooth ring).

Time to make some pasta and a salad and then watch the DH race.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It looks like my recent incident got covered in a local newspaper, because of what I posted on emptybeer...

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/6717485-ropes-on-richmond-hill-trails-serious-safety-hazard-mountain-bikers-say/

“Someone is going to get seriously hurt if the jackass keeps doing that. If I had been going any faster I would have been down for the count.” :brow: I'm glad they quoted that line...

I'm on the fence of this whole thing. I informed the correct peoples, but declined to give my name or be involved in the story. I don't want to be the dude who got these trails closed...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's a done deal. Lance, who I met on the trail earlier today, came and picked up his new to him thrasher bike. I gave him the rundown on the various bits and what he would be able to do with them.

Cool story bro: the guy Lance was riding with is the brother of the guy I gave my old Trek Fuel to, he got the bike from his brother after his brother got the Fuel. Bike Karma is good Karma.

View media item 2874
The XT drive train and hydraulic brakes were a "gift" from Skookum, I think he took them of a Giant Reign and charged me $200 for them and the wheel set which I no longer have.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It looks like my recent incident got covered in a local newspaper, because of what I posted on emptybeer...

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/6717485-ropes-on-richmond-hill-trails-serious-safety-hazard-mountain-bikers-say/

“Someone is going to get seriously hurt if the jackass keeps doing that. If I had been going any faster I would have been down for the count.” :brow: I'm glad they quoted that line...

I'm on the fence of this whole thing. I informed the correct peoples, but declined to give my name or be involved in the story. I don't want to be the dude who got these trails closed...
If you don't stand up for what you believe in, who will?

EDIT: that was a good article.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
nice hot afternoon with a breeze. perfect conditions to finish the recoating of my tent's rainfly with new urethane waterproofing and put seam sealer on every seam. Funny how this tent was marketed as a two man unltralight. I consider it to be more of a nicely sized light solo tent. i like it because it's rated for 65mph winds.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Off to visit the Belcher, the wonderful Belcher of Hills. This will more than likely be the last ride on the Turner as my main bike, I hope I can send it out in style.
Rode bikes with @Adventurous , @Toshi , @stoney and a bunch of others. Hot and followed by more hot.
Chased the ride with pizza and beers.
This. Thanks to all for putting up with my glacially-climbing ass. 'twas fun. I should have put on sunscreen after all :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If I gotta go that way I rather go pedal to metal. Bad dealio.
Looks like it was drunk driving. He went out in a blaze of glory though. Bermed out a 75degree embankment, crossed the road, down and up a 10ft ditch, through a cornfield. Back through 10ft ditch, crossed the road, hit bank and aired a good 15 ft over canal bank to land in the water without making a scratch.