Quantcast

☆☆☆Turdsdaygmt》》》

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Water outage, haven't been able to shower since getting back from my ride yesterday. Sposed to be fixed by lunchtime....maybe.

Yet again a rainy day forecast.

edit: might just go stand outside if we get a good downpour.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Day full of meetings. Dislike.

Older coworker came to me for career advice yesterday. That's a new one, especially since I still feel like a kid. At what point do you stop feeling like a kid and start feeling like one of the old guys?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Turdsday.

Was up until 3am or something dumb. If I'm not half asleep by the time work is done, I will try to go for a ride. Also assuming that it doesn't thunderstorm.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I mean, my last gig was dealing with laser drills and 5 micron holes thousands of times a second, so it makes sense that data needs to be presented quickly in an environment like that. It's just my first time dealing with the actual delivery of said data.

My whole career has been spent at the application layer, so getting "behind the scenes" is cool. My boss made a comment 90% of software engineers have no idea what happens bellow the application layer.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY lmfao. Slept late, then ran 5 miles. I signed up for a 5K race this Saturday, figuring it'd be fun to run one with rested legs for a change since I tend to do them as workouts when my legs are already gassed.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey friends. Still feeling a bit weird, like vertigo or the aftereffects of a migraine (or the strong medicine I use to fight them). Feels a bit like having COVID brain fog, but it's not COVID. It's put me off riding for a couple of days and seems to get worse in the afternoon when I feel like riding. Maybe there's a CO leak somewhere

In other news, got the new wheels on the spooky and am prepping to move the old ones to the TT bike and sell it. I love working on bikes, it's so rewarding.

Also, attended a soccer placement meeting last night. What a huge waste of time that was. Kind of wish I let the other coaches attend, as I couldn't even speak about my own daughter and there wasn't even an opportunity to suggest anybody from our team (let alone my kid) could move up to the next run. Mostly just frustrating and time consuming.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Interview over lunch today. Would be a position with a quite large and very corporate Ag inputs company. We’ll see what he has to say.

We finally got some rain. 1.1”. Still about 15” short of normal. But I’ll take it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
*Almost* nobody. It's interesting when you run into that occasional person that DOES know what they are doing...
Isn't it? Quite mind boggling when you meet someone that knows their path and follows it.

And to think I'm stumblefucking my way along wondering if I'm the one with a problem.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California

Interview over lunch today. Would be a position with a quite large and very corporate Ag inputs company. We’ll see what he has to say.

We finally got some rain. 1.1”. Still about 15” short of normal. But I’ll take it.
Interviews and new jobs seem to be a trend around here lately. I've been feeling the itch, and this is not helping.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That's a new one. What's the cause? Water main break?
Happens too often up here because the pipes are all too old and each little neighborhood is responsible for their lateral line off the main. We keep camping water containers filled for such occasions. Happens more often in the winter.

Not sure why they've had to turn it off at the main this time, rather than just isolate the lateral that has the break...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I can smell forest fire smoke again.

working from home. alone. which is the best caus' I don't have to wear pants and I can shit with the door open!

ride night. I hope the smokes dissipates.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Amazing day on the north end of the island yesterday. Picked up some fresh off the boat fish on the way home and had a fantastic dinner. I should go to the beach and do that again. There's always money in the banana stand.

PXL_20230614_224901332.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley's 11 today. Getting her new kart will be kind of like a bday present.

Still anxious about the kart and insurance. I walked off a cliff yesterday paying for that kart and I don't have a parachute yet with regards to how much insurance is going to cover. I tried to phone in a friend to my parents and they basically said 'Tough shit. Figure it out on your own, we had to.' Given their current position, talk about pulling up the ladder...

Older coworker came to me for career advice yesterday. That's a new one, especially since I still feel like a kid. At what point do you stop feeling like a kid and start feeling like one of the old guys?
I keep telling the younger kid (26) on my team to move one. Smart as hell, motivated, etc. He's too good for this job and I've been pushing him for 6mos. Our broader internal sales team had him do a presentation about his role to a new client a few weeks ago. I did a bunch of prep work and coaching in advance, and it really well - we got the contract largely because of how he presented. They are telling him to interview for an open position on their team with the Director coaching him in preparation. So he'll be moving upwards shortly.

And I went through some retirement planning details with another colleague who is at retirement age. She's always thought that she was going to have to work forever and she's actually able to retire right now - early even. So she's working final details with her husband before pulling the trigger.

That will gut all of the senior people on our team and leave us effectively fucked for 6mos+ while we get new people, but fuck it they need to get theirs.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just paid the truck bill, $4175. Ouch. We are having half the downstairs refloored Monday and Tuesday, so we leave Saturday for 4 days to "relax". That $10k this month, I feel so much lighter now.