Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Junkyard. Hands down. Hopefully you can afford private school for the kids, though.
GJ is looking pretty good. Fort Fun is only an hour from the in laws so moar distance is moar better. We are gonna take a spring break trip to feel it out. Afford private school? If we make this move we'll be lucky to have jobs...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
GJ is looking pretty good. Fort Fun is only an hour from the in laws so moar distance is moar better.
Fuck - no brainer, squared.
We are gonna take a spring break trip to feel it out. Afford private school? If we make this move we'll be lucky to have jobs...
Errr... perhaps home-school? I have never heard any sort of shining endorsements of any school systems west of Aspen. :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Perhaps, but the riding will be stellar.
This fact weighs heavily in our (my) mind. If I am gonna move, it's to the best access for trails within 3hrs driving possible.

Fuck - no brainer, squared.

Errr... perhaps home-school? I have never heard any sort of shining endorsements of any school systems west of Aspen. :D
I don't think it could get much worse than here, where lots of teachers struggle with kids who have English as a second language. Too many toofless folk in GJ??

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
I don't think it could get much worse than here, where lots of teachers struggle with kids who have English as a second language. Too many toofless folk in GJ??
Mesa County is not a terribly affluent location. That said, there are probably some decent pockets and perhaps some decent elementary schools?

But yeah - maybe it's a lateral move WRT the kiddo's education. And 3 hours will get you a LIFETIME of fucking-aye-right awesome biking.

And the skiing won't be too bad, either.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yet another fine Wednesday morning. Folks in these parts are hunkering down and buying up all the milk and bread to prepare for the storm of the century of the month later this week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yet another fine Wednesday morning. Folks in these parts are hunkering down and buying up all the milk and bread to prepare for the storm of the century of the month later this week.
I love when this happens. I get pretty damn excited for some good snow driving.

In other news, I counted at least 3 accidents on the drive in to work this morning.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love when this happens. I get pretty damn excited for some good snow driving.

In other news, I counted at least 3 accidents on the drive in to work this morning.
I need to put the snows on the car. I didn't bother to replace a puncture last year before removing them so I will be rolling snows on the front only.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That should make e-brake turns a little easier.
Indeed. However lazyness and cold weather will probably just have me testing my all weathers this time around. Don't need to go anywhere really. The road between me and beer is usually plowed and heavily salted with little elevation change.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
probably: '98-'02. we got a few 12"-18" dumps. people struggled to exit mill creek, where we lived... :rofl: #southernstrugglez
My buddy lives in Mill Creek. Proper hill to get up.

Greenspace trails in that neighborhood connect up to the Rivanna trail now, O'hill and points north. Can get you all the way up to the airport pretty much all on dirt.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wow. interesting. i cut/opened up a lot of trails back there, but more into the woods, back towards 5th extended. i think a lot over that way's been developed now.
cool stuff to be found if you poke around in dem woods: abandoned mid-century cars, moonshine stills, old foundations...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
wow. interesting. i cut/opened up a lot of trails back there, but more into the woods, back towards 5th extended. i think a lot over that way's been developed now.
cool stuff to be found if you poke around in dem woods: abandoned mid-century cars, moonshine stills, old foundations...
Someone bought the land surrounding that area at the peak of the housing market with intentions to develop. Then the house crunch hit and they lost their asses. Donated all that land to the state I believe, maybe county. It was supposed to become a park at somepoint. People have taken the opportunity to open up a lot of the old trails/roads. Rumor is that a path can be hacked all the way south to Walnut Creek, but that requires quite a bit of trespassing. I try not to get shot at on my bike.