Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much to report here. Not much at all. Other than I picked up a sheet of Baltic Birch plywood yesterday. Man that stuff is nice.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, my friends. I had a nice 25 mile ride on the douchebike last night. Windy as hell though...I went nice and easy for 10 miles into a headwind, then gunned it when I turned south and had a tailwind for 10 miles. It is really fun to be down in aero, way up on the saddle, and hammering. WHEEEEEEE!!!!! 18.9 mph avg.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Stayed up way too late trying to track down an annoying creak on the Mt Bike. New BB, found a lose pivot bolt and a loose chainring bolt tightened them both. still no fix. Going to toss on some spare pedals and see if that does the trick. I did go over the frame looking for any cracked welds etc none found.

Also still tring to track down an electrical gremlin in the trucks trailer hitch. new relay should get delivered today. I'm hoping that fixes things.

They did a new software roll out yesterday, half the field units trip computers won't work on it so they are purchasing newer ones with the latest OS. in the meantime its paper run sheets and text messaging

Need way moar coffee

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Mornin!

Not much to report here. Not much at all. Other than I picked up a sheet of Baltic Birch plywood yesterday. Man that stuff is nice.
that stuff is definitely choice. we worked with an artist a few years ago who cnc'd it for the parts that made up the framework of the hemispheres of this commission:

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Woman-child has torn through the first three harry potter books in the last two weeks, so wife wants to take her to Universal Studios to do that whole thing. That's a long way of saying it looks like were going to LA this weekend, which means I gotta pound out a whole bunch of chores and house shit today. Oatmeal, coffee, and poop first. Not necessarily in that order either.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Stayed up way too late trying to track down an annoying creak on the Mt Bike. New BB, found a lose pivot bolt and a loose chainring bolt tightened them both. still no fix. Going to toss on some spare pedals and see if that does the trick. I did go over the frame looking for any cracked welds etc none found.
do you ride clipless? sometimes the cleats will cause a small creak when clipped in.

also saddle rails.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's a Trek. There's a crack in the frame he hasn't found yet.

:D
But the frame is only 2.5lbs!

Morning. Wife's leaving for the old country tonight, I shall be a single man for the next 10 days. I am hoping for much riding in my near term future. Also, warranty replacement RF dropper is in the mail. I've seen some rumors that a whole early batch of Easton posts was bad and many people had air loss / slipping issues, I hope they fixed it.

Is it Friday yet?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hello, my friends. I had a nice 25 mile ride on the douchebike last night. Windy as hell though...I went nice and easy for 10 miles into a headwind, then gunned it when I turned south and had a tailwind for 10 miles. It is really fun to be down in aero, way up on the saddle, and hammering. WHEEEEEEE!!!!! 18.9 mph avg.

How is the douchebike in crosswinds?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello folks.

Our scheduled NetApp installation for today is cancelled due to the gentleman from North Carolina getting severely sick from some food. Bummer.

But, this also means I won't have to stay late and can join in on the first group ride of the year tonight. I'm going to be sucking wind the entire time, but I am excited.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Alleges/allegedly.

I am in the dark room again today. CT and MR to read, colorectal cases to review for noon conference. I'm glad I just have to deal with abstract images of peoples' anuses, not said anuses (anii?) themselves.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Soccer after work with the boys, then laps in the park and then more soccer this morning and a ride to work. How lucky I get paid to sit down and chill at work!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
:wave:

Woman-child has torn through the first three harry potter books in the last two weeks, so wife wants to take her to Universal Studios to do that whole thing. That's a long way of saying it looks like were going to LA this weekend, which means I gotta pound out a whole bunch of chores and house shit today. Oatmeal, coffee, and poop first. Not necessarily in that order either.
Damn. I'm still stabbing meat-bags in Dallas. I'll be home Sunday night. Please tell me you'll be staying through Monday.

Two days of classes are over. Today we practice. They brought the Orbitron this year and I'm excited to see people ride that beast.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here. Work. Pee all over the floor again this morning. That is all.
You too, eh?

Finally spoke with Race Comp. Even though Bilstien denied the warranty, RC is going to give me two front struts for two bills. Not bad considering they retail for north of $700 for a set...

:banana:

Can't wait to get them back. These stock struts are rather marshmellowy.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
All's good in the hood! All day meeting/"training" for our software implementation. Easy transition from vacation.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I just got back from a lunchtime run down to the bike shop... wasn't expecting a $320 hit to the wallet :(

was picking up my LEV that I had sent for a service: $131. Three derailleur hangers at $32 a pop (NSB). $45 chain. One bottle of Rock N Roll Extreme... that shit adds up quick. Add that to the $50 for the cassette (which admittedly is cheap for a cassette), and $75 for my RadR cage from OneUp... this is an expensive drivetrain renewal and spring tuneup. Good thing I already had my new Zee derailleur and WolfTooth chainring from a couple of seasons ago.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So I just got back from a lunchtime run down to the bike shop... wasn't expecting a $320 hit to the wallet :(

was picking up my LEV that I had sent for a service: $131. Three derailleur hangers at $32 a pop (NSB). $45 chain. One bottle of Rock N Roll Extreme... that shit adds up quick. Add that to the $50 for the cassette (which admittedly is cheap for a cassette), and $75 for my RadR cage from OneUp... this is an expensive drivetrain renewal and spring tuneup. Good thing I already had my new Zee derailleur and WolfTooth chainring from a couple of seasons ago.
Easy answer: WOYB
If I can do it, you can, too.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Also still tring to track down an electrical gremlin in the trucks trailer hitch. new relay should get delivered today. I'm hoping that fixes things.
do you ride clipless? sometimes the cleats will cause a small creak when clipped in.

also saddle rails.
Success on the Truck: wrong relay was in place (previous owner or shop) and a blown fuse. replaced both and I have power to all the hitch electrial connectors.

Success on the bike, on more lose bolt found plus some lubeon the cleat and the bike is silent

Lunch break well spent

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Easy answer: WOYB
If I can do it, you can, too.
Wrench on your own bike? I am. That's just the parts. except for the dropper post - I sent it back for a "factory" rebuild. They replaced the stanchion and cartridge, so now I have a spare should the first fail.