Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! I got up early today to ride before it gets hot but my legs are too tired from yesterday. It's going to be slightly less hot today so I'll risk riding this afternoon. One of my brown santa packages should be delivered today, it's mostly winter gear but I also ordered a new back pack.

I also decided cutting down the bars on the Yeti was not a sound plan, will order crabon bars today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gooooooood mornnnnnnnning Ridemonkey!

Tonight is the weekly group ride night, which means I got to work early and will be leaving early at 4pm.

If everything works out to plan, the next few days should be packed with good riding. This includes tonights group ride/bbq, giving a tour of my local "good" trails to a buddy, local ride on Friday, on Saturday same buddy is going to give me a tour of trails that I've been waiting ten years to ride. Then if it doesn't rain, lots and lots of DH on Sunday.

DH bike has Shimano Saint m810 brakes. Rear one needs a major bleed and both will probably needs pads by end of month or summer. With the price of pads up here, plus finding the mineral oil, I'm thinking that I should just spend the extra cash and get new Zee brakes.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Thought about riding after work this afternoon but was a bit gun shy to bring the new bike to work. Mayhaps I'll scoot out after dinner to beat the heat and perhaps the T-storms. Otherwise I need to get my ass in gear and do a little bit of house work as I have an appraisal scheduled for 8/3 that I need to ace.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, kids! I dragged my lazy ass out of bed at five-focking-o'clock this morning to get a road ride in before work. It was a nipply 55 degrees too. I should have worn gloves. 17 miles done. Short ride but a hard effort.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mornin!

Thought about riding after work this afternoon but was a bit gun shy to bring the new bike to work. Mayhaps I'll scoot out after dinner to beat the heat and perhaps the T-storms. Otherwise I need to get my ass in gear and do a little bit of house work as I have an appraisal scheduled for 8/3 that I need to ace.
You've probably already answered this...but no where at your building to bring the bike inside to lock it up?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You've probably already answered this...but no where at your building to bring the bike inside to lock it up?
I don't believe I have actually, but we are a very conservative (rightfully so) medical device manufacturing facility, a muddy/greasy mountain bike would be a big no-no.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't believe I have actually, but we are a very conservative (rightfully so) medical device manufacturing facility, a muddy/greasy mountain bike would be a big no-no.
Hmm, true. That kind of sucks. No employee entrance lobby or anything to stick a rack in? When I bring my bike to work, I lock it just inside of our employee entrance at the back of the building. Still not the safest as that door isn't locked, but probably better than being locked on my rack...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so a friend from highschool took her three kids to mexico....everyone came down with montezumas revenge the night before returning home.......by the end of the flight one kid had no clothes left on him and was wrapped in a airline blanket....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Wife has eye appointment here shortly, then some shopping for family coming in, then go skeet shooting, then get a preliminary sight in on a couple rifles I have been working on, cut the grass, clean the house. That's my day today

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Reading ultrasounds, discussing people with colorectal cancer over lunch, such is my life.

Anyone else in town get hammered by a mini tornado? Blew our patio stuff onto the lawn, and handily blew/washed away the grass trimmings so that I didn't have to do that after mowing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Reading ultrasounds, discussing people with colorectal cancer over lunch, such is my life.

Anyone else in town get hammered by a mini tornado? Blew our patio stuff onto the lawn, and handily blew/washed away the grass trimmings so that I didn't have to do that after mowing.
Not that bad, but nasty storm. Our night ride ended quickly before it started. As one friend noted "well, that escalated quickly".

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
BMX race last night, happy I beat my bud (at least for 1/2 the track...) who usually dominates every local race. Then again, he is a hand to hand combat instructor for Dept. of Corrections...

Last day of work before vacation! Heading kinda close to this:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Back in home sweet home. Post-op medication with antibiotics has a saddening effect on my bowel. Oh well, I hope I won't isht myself during this evening's social ride.

Also, ORD is such a pain in the butt...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon! Had a nice MTB ride with the dog last night. He is really well behaved on the trails and doesn't like to stop so we rode for a hour and a half with about 2 minutes of stop time to get a drink. Took small one to swim lessons this morning and then we picked just over 6lbs of blueberries before coming home for lunch and working on art projects. Quick swim in the pool and then we're off to a picnic dinner and gymnastics team practice for tall one.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
home for the afternoon being mrmomman, as wife is out of town until friday and kids' camp is just 1/2 day this week.

kind of drinking beers, kind of napping, kind of making calls for work...maybe i'll convince them to go for a ride after dinner.

Back in home sweet home. Post-op medication with antibiotics has a saddening effect on my bowel. Oh well, I hope I won't isht myself during this evening's social ride.

Also, ORD is such a pain in the butt...
There's clearly a good story behind this.

Day report in Campers topic, otherwise waiting for neighbor at camp to feed me, consuming beer while waiting.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
At the Mazda dealer having service done on the car. There is a guy wandering about dressed like he's jack sparrow, long hair, mustache, three pointed hat, the works. Not sure if some kind of cosplayer dork, or hipster. :think:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If you're in that kind of getup, you are, in fact, pretty much demanding that everyone pay attention to you...
there was the bf/gf who were dressed up as weedians at the sleep show in atlanta last year.....should have gone to a comic con with that...