Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good mornin Monkies, what a fine group primates you are. Today I have my 6 month post op check up which I expect to go well, from my perspective I am easily at 85 or 90% of where I was at this time last year. To celebrate I plan on taking the GT out to the trails this afternoon. I'm very predictable...

Yesterday we had a large grass fire just north of towm, it has become very dry with exceptionally low humidity.

Buck up Monkies, it's time for work, unless it's your Saturday. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Half academic day today and driving because I have to shuttle between sites for an appointment, therefore I'm still lounging in bed at this hour.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

So that's what it feels like to sleep. Not sure I've slept that well on a weeknight in several months, perhaps longer. Great ride with @6thElement last night must have done a good job wearing me out.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

I spent 40 min trying to get a tire to bead last night. I set it without Stan's, just to check the width and once I decided to go ahead, I popped one bead and put in the Stan's. 40 mintues of furious pumping and I couldn't get it to bead. On a whim, I popped the other bead off to see if I could get it to set. Took 2 minutes.

Spent the rest of my evening getting the roof rack put back onto the Subie. We need the third rack to carry Haley's bike for this weekend's trip to Aspen. It should be amusing to look at it. Two nice Yeti's on the back and a baby blue kid's bike on top, training wheels spinning with abandon.

Stll searching for a car. Wifey is debating dropping the requirement of blindspot warning on the Infiniti, as she just wants to get it done. The dealer proposed one of their new old stock 2015s down from $56k to $45k, without any kind of negotiating, just a straight up proposal. Still more than I want to spend though. I'm hoping to get out the door for less than $35k. Side note, I love the depreciation rate on luxury cars.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I have my bike with me to get in a ride at some point today. It has been down right tropical here in Maine for the last week. Gonna hit 90 today. Might sweat it out or could not ride and sit in the pool. These are today's hard choices.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I spent 40 min trying to get a tire to bead last night. I set it without Stan's, just to check the width and once I decided to go ahead, I popped one bead and put in the Stan's. 40 mintues of furious pumping and I couldn't get it to bead. On a whim, I popped the other bead off to see if I could get it to set. Took 2 minutes.
do you not have an air compressor?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It's almost bierdreißig here in Germany.

Mein Frau just sent me a note nailing down our hotel for the middle of Aug on Lake Geneva (staying across the street from the lake in the city of Lausanne. We are going to be cycling around the lake site seeing for the weekend.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Took a day off riding yesterday, spent the evening in a very funky bar asking the bartenders to come up with funky drinks. Win!

Riding tonight with a NEMBA group, gonna be a hot one again. :dead:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hump day, yay. Funky vibe in the office, not sure if there will be some shake downs or what. Should make for an interesting day. Cool and cloudy, would rather be riding.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
just start crop dusting.
I do that all day as it is. :panic:

I did hear some stories yesterday, though. Seems the other half of this floor are the traders (my badge doesn't work over there). Back in the Enron days they had their own barista setup, private parking floor in the garage, all sorts of @stoney style swank. :rofl: "The good 'ol days"

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Was treated to fondue and wine by some friends last night, and it was amazing. This morning however is a different story. I seem to have entered a hung start condition, may need to shut it down for a bit and try again later.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I don't have a presta handle and couldn't find my schraedr adapter.
You can remove the Presta valve core with needle nose pliers or a core removal tool and the normal car tire extension can be used to seat your beads. After you seat the beads, install the presta core and pump up by hand. Then have a beer while giving yourself a high five.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You can remove the Presta valve core with needle nose pliers or a core removal tool and the normal car tire extension can be used to seat your beads. After you seat the beads, install the presta core and pump up by hand. Then have a beer while giving yourself a high five.
Mavic core. That doesn't work. Trust me, I looked into it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
HDL is at 26 so that's a drag but what can you do?
Eat more salmon.

Quite relieved that no plumbing was damaged from this morning's disturbingly massive poop.
Put on the elbow length gloves and verified everything's in continuity yourself, eh?

I am back from the doctor. 112/80 BP, 64 HR, and still fat. Go figure. Going to do an overnight oxygen study (at home, not at sleep lab) as the wife says I snore.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Dad is doing WAY better. The last couple of days he's seen exponential improvement. Very pleased, I am. I think he's gonna make an appointment to see an ortho doc, just as a 2nd opinion and to make sure we're not looking at anything more serious than a grade 2 AC separation and a handful of broken ribs.

I'm getting back to a routine of riding and having fun and not worrying about the fact that I'm not working, which is awesome for me as well. Knocked out a little high country ride with some friends yesterday as a matter of fact. It was pretty fucking ah-meh-zing.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mother. Fucker. Apparently, they doubled the swim length for the race this weekend and I missed that email (still don't think I've reveived it). Guess I'm wearing my wetsuit for this one, and trying to not drown.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Quite relieved that no plumbing was damaged from this morning's disturbingly massive poop.
i have had a couple in the last week that have had me wondering when did i eat anything that was the same color as those green dental dog bones?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Put on the elbow length gloves and verified everything's in continuity yourself, eh?

I am back from the doctor. 112/80 BP, 64 HR, and still fat. Go figure. Going to do an overnight oxygen study (at home, not at sleep lab) as the wife says I snore.
Uhh no, the fact that I didn't have to spend half an hour moping up brown water tells me the plumbing is working just fine.

Is that a resting heart rate or walking around ? Last time I checked mine it was 108/72 BP and 48 HR.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Going to do an overnight oxygen study (at home, not at sleep lab) as the wife says I snore.
I did one of those and had the worst nights sleep with all the crap I had to wear. They said it looked fine, but the wife still says I snore almost as bad as the dogs. :rofl: