Quantcast

☆ Monday GMT ☆

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Same shit, different Monday. Funny shit I detest my MI, Last night Ruth says please excuse me if I get really cranky this week, I really don't want to do the visit with my family this week. MIL, SIL, Grand kids and great grandkids all coming over. I am so stoked to be working EMS all week and next weekend so I get to miss them.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had a decent day at work, nice simple job, pull stuff apart, reseal a hyd cylinder, put stuff back together, done.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I used to go to work at silly times coz I'd wake up full of energy for a short period, was sleep apnea, hahahaha!
Pretty sure mine is just anxiety/stress related. If I wake up at any point after 430, my mind starts to think of all the things I could be doing, or tells me I could get another hour of sleep before I have to get up, which never happens.

For instance, my wife was telling me yesterday that her parents tried to get the car I have at their house started but couldn't, even after charging the battery for a few hours. Did they not know you've gotta push in the clutch before starting it? Is the clutch frozen to the flywheel and I've gotta break it loose? Is it not running for another reason? It was G2G as of last September. Why am I running through all this at 430am?

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

If it isn't the cat, it's the dogs that will get me up at 4:30. But the drive at 6 is WAY better than the drive after 7. But in another month I will be working from home again and that will be nice. But gotta survive Monday first, ugh.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man! I enjoyed sleeping late every day last week but I was back to the pool this morning with a 5:00 wake up. I've got another Ironman in two months so I'll be in full training mode until then. I've got three workouts to get done today. One down, two to go.

Wife gets home from Big Sky today, which will be nice because I am tired of having to do all of the house shit myself.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slept okay last night. Wifey stayed up late watching Coachella with Haley last night, so the house was thumping from the bass.

Initial feedback from friends looking at CFP project is good. Both are cross checking calculations and making sure I didn't miss any minutiae details. I'll know by EOD if I can record my final presentation and submit for grading.

Smile and dial day for work. Meh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello ppls

not working today. Taking eldest kid to optometrist and seeing the ortho to discuss next steps for mah torn medial meniscus.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pretty sure mine is just anxiety/stress related. If I wake up at any point after 430, my mind starts to think of all the things I could be doing, or tells me I could get another hour of sleep before I have to get up, which never happens.
that stopped when i started taking meds for anxiety.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'll check it out, though I'm a bit wary after what my wife went through. Side effects were no bueno and coming off was even worse.
welcome to america, there's tons of anti-anxiety meds. i started on the lowest dose posable to see how it worked. i've only bumped up one dose level.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woke at 3 something for old man pee.
DSO then decided fiveayem was a good time to bark at all the things which were outside somewhere.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Nope.

Regarding anxiety: I has all of it. I've tried 3 different medications for it over the years; xanax for acute attacks, buspar for daily/chronic anxiety, and citalopram. Wasn't really a fan of xanax, and I had issues with both buspar and citalopram. I'm already on 4 medications as it is, and that's 4 more than I'd like.

I'm trying to just give less of a shit about things that don't really matter. I'd like to say it's working, but it's not.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Three days were spent riding Prescott. I had a blast. Only skimmed the surface of all the riding available. Granite Dells kicked my arse!

PXL_20230423_220720832.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nope.

Regarding anxiety: I has all of it. I've tried 3 different medications for it over the years; xanax for acute attacks, buspar for daily/chronic anxiety, and citalopram. Wasn't really a fan of xanax, and I had issues with both buspar and citalopram. I'm already on 4 medications as it is, and that's 4 more than I'd like.

I'm trying to just give less of a shit about things that don't really matter. I'd like to say it's working, but it's not.
Escitalopram (lexapro generic) here. thankfully no significant side effects, and good efficacy. started at 10mg and currently taking 20mg. don't see any need to increase the dose further.

anxietymonkeydotcom

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Escitalopram (lexapro generic) here. thankfully no significant side effects, and good efficacy. started at 10mg and currently taking 20mg. don't see any need to increase the dose further.

anxietymonkeydotcom
Citalopram kept me up at night from the get-go. Lack of sleep is an absolute no-no for me, on account of the seizure disorder, so I never got a chance to see if/how it helped. I keep thinking about trying a therapist, but finding a good one is a bit of a crap shoot.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Three days were spent riding Prescott. I had a blast. Only skimmed the surface of all the riding available. Granite Dells kicked my arse!

View attachment 192937
Looking forward to riding out there this coming weekend.

Hoping to get in a good ride in Flagstaff too, but I know the higher up stuff is still snowed in :(

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
had a weekend. did some yardwork, rode bikes with my daughter. son is fighting a sinus infection from pollen/allergies, but the nasal rinse got an insane amount of phlegm out and he perked right up. made homemade burgers, pizzas, grilled some bbq chicken and stuffed poblanos. motivation seems to be returning with longer days.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good day monkeys! Tried to see the aurora borealis last night. It was uneventful. Weekend was ok, full of kid’s birthday parties.
8578A234-E148-4B0C-9002-EDF4935133AF.jpeg

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I wasablev
Looking forward to riding out there this coming weekend.

Hoping to get in a good ride in Flagstaff too, but I know the higher up stuff is still snowed in :(
I was able to ride the lower stuff in Flag. Rocky Ridge/ Big Bang loop is rideable.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I have been dealing with anxiety more as I get older and what you said above is half of my strategy.

First, I remind myself that if no one is gonna die or get hurt bc I dont act right now, it’s not that important.

Second, I actually think about what is the worst possible out come. For example, I have a pretty significant water / rain anxiety. Who the fuck knows why… The possibility of the roof leaking into the house or the shop will wind me up something crazy. I remind myself that the worst case scenario is having to do some repairs, maybe some damaged property. That’s not really a big deal. People deal with that sort of shit all the time…at least that’s what I tell myself. Sometimes it helps…

“cool story, bra”

Also, FTS 11/10.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
not about the drugs.....what passes for music....which is a matter of opinion/snobbery/good taste/bad taste.....

and so on and so forth....
They were bitching about 95% of what played. They just wanted Blink and a few other of the pop-punk shows. But you hate that stuff, so doesn't matter.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
They were bitching about 95% of what played. They just wanted Blink and a few other of the pop-punk shows. But you hate that stuff, so doesn't matter.
i actually like a diverse amount of music.....

and blink was probably the only thing worth seeing....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
lost license....

found old license between drivers seat and console....

renewed license on line....

hooray for that.