Quantcast

♢☆♢Thursday GMT♢☆♢

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Just spoke to the bike shop and they said my new bike wouldn't be ready until at least this upcoming Tuesday. That leaves a significant window in which I may perish never having known what I am missing out on. :(

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I just stripped out a crank bolt on my friends beloved Jamis Dragon. Barely touched the damn thing and slip! I can't find my crank removal tool nickle either. Fucking 10 year old Truvativ Bottom brackets?? I am afraid to take the BB out as the frame is 20 years old.... I have another BB and bolts, just need to find the nickel or make a new one...Phack... I built his wheels in 95. Still going strong. I am still a pretty good wrench...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Todays ride was a moderate success, I managed to climb everything on the full squishy and better my time along the short route by 47 seconds, I haven't crashed on the trail in over 3 weeks, getting used to the pedal and bottom bracket height. The GT is a fun bike, I think it's pretty much dialed into where it should be, still uses all available travel but if you can't feel it, don't fight it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I just stripped out a crank bolt on my friends beloved Jamis Dragon. Barely touched the damn thing and slip! I can't find my crank removal tool nickle either. Fucking 10 year old Truvativ Bottom brackets?? I am afraid to take the BB out as the frame is 20 years old.... I have another BB and bolts, just need to find the nickel or make a new one...Phack... I built his wheels in 95. Still going strong. I am still a pretty good wrench...
That's what you get for trying it then.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
just grilled some awesome fucking burgers, passed one on to my awesome fucking neighbor who didn't think he had time to scarf down a burger (wrong!) and these dill pickle spears? forget it ...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Today, I started referring to all my coworkers as "Doctor" and asking them for consultations to discuss lab results and journals and dissertations. This seems to be going well.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went riding tonight with a buddy. We went to the spot where I got the rope in the neck and broke my helmet. Great ride.

Said buddy told me that he read about the incident on Facebook, posted by one of the local bike clubs.

Well, I now know who put up the ropes. It was the god damn school board. What the fuck?????????????????

From the sounds of it, I missed a third rope and somehow went under it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Did u get some hail? Tornadoes?

Wait - did you get treated to some Front Range Turbulence™ on the way in?
no turbulence...but enjoyed watching the weather roll in and had to wait to walk back to hotel so i didn't get dumped/hailed on.

seems nice enough out now though. might take this beer to the bar's outdoor terrace....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went riding tonight with a buddy. We went to the spot where I got the rope in the neck and broke my helmet. Great ride.

Said buddy told me that he read about the incident on Facebook, posted by one of the local bike clubs.

Well, I now know who put up the ropes. It was the god damn school board. What the fuck?????????????????

From the sounds of it, I missed a third rope and somehow went under it.
Someone needs to get throat punched for this.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dinner out with colleagues as the fellows are wrapping up their year and moving on. Started raining like the dickens as we sat there waiting for the check. Then I had these minor dramatic incidents on the way back:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dinner out with colleagues as the fellows are wrapping up their year and moving on. Started raining like the dickens as we sat there waiting for the check. Then I had these minor dramatic incidents on the way back:

Its puzzling, you'd think the people who are in their vehicles all day (ie truck and taxi drivers) would be some of the better drivers, but clearly NOPE.

Anyone who cuts across median like the first dude is a jackass.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
He came from the left lane, too! I was two over from him to start.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's not an avocado but we paid between $5-20 (! yes, 20 dollah) for a single mango at the grocery store in Japan. The high end ones were grown in Japan and were good but not 4x as good as ones from Mexico or Thailand. $1/mango at Costco seems amazingly cheap in comparison now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Pretty close with that first truck. It's like you were living on a prayer last night.