Quantcast

♢♢○ Tuesday GMT ○♢♢

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Raging noreaster here. 36f, strong wind, rain and sleet mix. Meh, I wish it was 10 degrees colder and we got a foot of snow instead. :mad:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies! Back to the gym after 6 days off, feeling much better today. My RHR average for the last week is 58 with consistent lows in the mid 40s. Today will be a good day. :)

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Having an ice storm here today. Was hoping to get some snow before it changed to a sleety mess, but we got skunked again. Might be an interesting drive home....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Raging noreaster here. 36f, strong wind, rain and sleet mix. Meh, I wish it was 10 degrees colder and we got a foot of snow instead. :mad:
Yep, we'd have gotten a snow ass kicking if not for the warm temps. Still, it was enough sleet to delay the pool opening this morning, so no swim for me. BOOOOO!

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Scoped another ~0.5 miles of trail and flagged it last night in the near dark. Think it will be fun come spring. Based on that hike, the recent rain was not as bad as I thought and our anti-winter weather will likely permit a night cruise this eve. Have done essentially no riding in 2017 so far so I'm excited.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Reading, lots of reading and editing today, ugh. Cold and some clouds here, but nothing exciting. Did get some interesting news yesterday about the little monkey moving back, so that's nice. She still isn't talking to me at the moment, but having her close will be nice.

I have not been to Cuba, but would love to steal a car from there.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Spent a chunk of yesterday at the vet's as my clumsy ass dog decided to fall down the stairs and nearly rip his nail off right before the weekend. Sunday night he was complaining a lot and it was clearly infected by the looks/smell of it. Had to be sedated and fully removed. Thanks, asshole.

In other, possibly good news:

1) I found 2 open positions for senior level product development engineer positions I am looking into and will likely apply to (same company, different site).
2) I have decided (I think) to lift my Jeep come tax refund/bonus season as my last guilt-free hurrah before becoming a dad. Fuck it. Teraflex 3" lift with Fox piggyback shocks and 35" Wrangler MT/Rs. YOLO, amirite?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Meteorologists were calling for 2-4" of snow last night. Woke up to barely a dusting of wet sleet on the car.

#alternativefacts

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
home improvement monkies - have any of you ever done interior painting with a spray gun? air compressor powered type
pay someone....drink cheap beer for a year.

i should also admit i was 19 at the time and i really didn't give a shit how it looked.....but even at that tender age i was like.....fuuuuck....room is going to need posters.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
home improvement monkies - have any of you ever done interior painting with a spray gun? air compressor powered type
I wanted to, but the wife kept reading stuff online about massive amounts of overspray. So depending on the color choice, it might be an option.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If its just one room, why not just roll it?
one room for now, but still have a good portion of the home that we never overpainted the basic off-white from when we bought the house (1 other bedroom, upstairs hallway, stairwell, 2 bathrooms, downstairs hallway), and i'm going to be finishing the basement off probably next year. i've already got a ~30lb air compressor, so the only investment would be the sprayer itself.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Spent a chunk of yesterday at the vet's as my clumsy ass dog decided to fall down the stairs and nearly rip his nail off right before the weekend. Sunday night he was complaining a lot and it was clearly infected by the looks/smell of it. Had to be sedated and fully removed. Thanks, asshole.

In other, possibly good news:

1) I found 2 open positions for senior level product development engineer positions I am looking into and will likely apply to (same company, different site).
2) I have decided (I think) to lift my Jeep come tax refund/bonus season as my last guilt-free hurrah before becoming a dad. Fuck it. Teraflex 3" lift with Fox piggyback shocks and 35" Wrangler MT/Rs. YOLO, amirite?
That a long or short arm kit? Can't you stuff 37s under there with minimal work? Go with 37s!!!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
CJSP: you want an hvlp gun with an air source with plenty of volume. The hvlp tip shears/ atomizer the paint. Low overspray.

Honestly not worth it for one typical sized room unless you can borrow the equipment.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That a long or short arm kit? Can't you stuff 37s under there with minimal work? Go with 37s!!!
Short flex arms to keep the pinion and caster angles closer to stock than they would be otherwise. 3" with 35s is about the most you can go and still keep as close to stock on-road characteristics as possible, and get full articulation, which is what I want.

You might be able to get 37's under there with 3" and a lot of trimming, but that's a lot of extra work and long-term damage (rust on body panels) for little (and unnecessary) gain.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Short flex arms to keep the pinion and caster angles closer to stock than they would be otherwise. 3" with 35s is about the most you can go and still keep as close to stock on-road characteristics as possible, and get full articulation, which is what I want.

You might be able to get 37's under there with 3" and a lot of trimming, but that's a lot of extra work and long-term damage (rust on body panels) for little (and unnecessary) gain.
You are better of with 35's and clearance IMO. I never ran anything bigger than a 35" tire, but had friends with inferiority issues that went as big as 44's on a truck ('78 Bronco, actually).

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
CJSP: you want an hvlp gun with an air source with plenty of volume. The hvlp tip shears/ atomizer the paint. Low overspray.

Honestly not worth it for one typical sized room unless you can borrow the equipment.
Jon is looking for painting advice.

I'm just talking about ways to ruin my Jeep.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine

Dude, Hockey puck body lift can solve all of your small tire problems. :busted:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

BOOOO. At least you probably won't need to regear with 35s.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i'm assuming this is directed at me. someone else recommended hvlp as well (facebook). how does that compare to lvlp?

i might be able to borrow equipment, but i've got an air compressor that's ~30lbs and 150psi with a regulator.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i'm assuming this is directed at me. someone else recommended hvlp as well (facebook). how does that compare to lvlp?

i might be able to borrow equipment, but i've got an air compressor that's ~30lbs and 150psi with a regulator.
I don't think size and PSI matters so much as the cfm it can push. I would assume the gun mandates a minimum in order to function properly.