Quantcast

♢♢♢Monday GMT♢♢♢

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! It's my Friday and I am going to work early in order to be home by 3 and on the trail by 3:30 for my first trail ride of the year. I have heard reports that the South Shore is still littered with snow drifts so I will target the North Shore instead. Not as much fun but still dirt.

My last meeting is via conference call at 2PM, I am hoping to make it brief due lack of participation... "sales are bad, really bad. We should do something about that..."

Have a glorious day. :)

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Blizzard warning in effect for the State of Maine today. 18-24" of fluffy white goodness is falling upon us with wind gusts up to 45mph. Most everything is closed, but I am at work.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Productive weekend. Picked up the new camper, had a great time attempting to back it into my driveway, then spent a while on Saturday and Sunday stripping out the parts of the interior that are going to require some work. Should be nice when we are done with it, just kind of funny to buy a camper and have it looking pretty barren only a few days later.

Also managed to swap out the wheel bearing on the wife's car. It was growling pretty good, luckily a buddy lent me a hand (and 20 ton press) to get things pressed in and out.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Just finished the first round of digging out of 8-10" of heavy, wet snow that is sticking to everything. Everything out there is covered with very sticky, frozen snow. If we get hit by 50-60mph winds this afternoon, isht's going to break left and right. :panic:

On a positive note, I don't live anywhere near a CA dam. :boss:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My first minion arrives today. Not entirely sure what to have them do, but today will mostly be BS access and rights issues. Weather is amazing today, wish I was not inside.

On a lighter note, while home sick on Friday, I decided to cut the limb off the neighbors tree that has grown over mine and is choking it out. If they say anything the story is it was split and I cut it before it broke off and took out the fence. This is the gal that handed me a $20 for replacing the busted fence post after the wind storm (that's the only time I have ever seen her, she lives in the house behind us).

While it's totally noticeable from our side, I honestly don't think she will even notice. Turned out to be a hell of a lot more tree than anticipated. :rofl:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Ride yesterday took a shitty turn when a buddy (who is a ridiculously skilled rider) got badly concussed--had no idea what day it was, where he was, where his kids were, etc. We got him outa there and everything checked out at the ER and he was back to himself after a couple hours. Gonna be off bike for a while as a safety precaution tho. Hate that kinda sh!t...

Despite all that, I'm sneaking out of work early to ride since I worked most of the weekend. :headbang:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning Monkeys.

My first minion arrives today. Not entirely sure what to have them do, but today will mostly be BS access and rights issues. Weather is amazing today, wish I was not inside.

On a lighter note, while home sick on Friday, I decided to cut the limb off the neighbors tree that has grown over mine and is choking it out. If they say anything the story is it was split and I cut it before it broke off and took out the fence. This is the gal that handed me a $20 for replacing the busted fence post after the wind storm (that's the only time I have ever seen her, she lives in the house behind us).

While it's totally noticeable from our side, I honestly don't think she will even notice. Turned out to be a hell of a lot more tree than anticipated. :rofl:
I cut about a quarter of a neighbor's tree off our side of the fence. It shades out the only extended sunny part of our patio. He started complaining that all of the 2ft long branches that stop at the fence made the tree look bad and that I don't have the right to cut his tree, even on my side of the fence (which I do). After I stopped laughing at him, I recommended that he trim his side of the tree so that it doesn't fall onto our other neighbor's house. The tree is pretty big, probably 40ft tall at least and sits in the very corner of his yard where four yards come together. He didn't do it and the at-risk neighbor then began cutting his side too, so it then started leaning towards the neighbor behind, who also trimmed it. He now has a 40ft tree with no branches 15ft up on three sides, visibly leaning towards his house. This all went down in spring and he still hasn't done a damn thing about the tree and it it leaning about 5* towards his house. He's an idiot.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I cut about a quarter of a neighbor's tree off our side of the fence. It shades out the only extended sunny part of our patio. He started complaining that all of the 2ft long branches that stop at the fence made the tree look bad and that I don't have the right to cut his tree, even on my side of the fence (which I do). After I stopped laughing at him, I recommended that he trim his side of the tree so that it doesn't fall onto our other neighbor's house. The tree is pretty big, probably 40ft tall at least and sits in the very corner of his yard where four yards come together. He didn't do it and the at-risk neighbor then began cutting his side too, so it then started leaning towards the neighbor behind, who also trimmed it. He now has a 40ft tree with no branches 15ft up on three sides, visibly leaning towards his house. This all went down in spring and he still hasn't done a damn thing about the tree and it it leaning about 5* towards his house. He's an idiot.
Moving is probably a good idea. :D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning fellas, took last night off due to being sick. Have to stop in anyways today for a couple of meetings for court stuff this week, hopefully will not have to actually be in court, which it is looking that way.

Projects for this week,
Install television antenna
Install weather station
Go through more boxes
Dispose/donate un wanted/needed items
Listen to lots of music(preferably metal)
Start building workbench in garage

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's like ours. The tree is in the very corner of her yard and covers 3 other yards. I have a very small Japanese maple that hasn't seen the light of day in about 3 years because hers has overgrown onto it. Her yard is 4' above mine. The branch in question is 8" diameter (took some effort for sure) but shot straight out and down into mine.

From what I have gathered she is a lonely divorcee and her yard is maintained by a crew, but they don't do trees it seems. It's also covered in Black Knot, so that isn't good.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Monday!

The wind last night was something else. I was certain that I'd wake up to find that my garbage can had flown away, but nope it somehow stayed put. The lid on the other hand is no where to be found.....again. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Happy Monday!

The wind last night was something else. I was certain that I'd wake up to find that my garbage can had flown away, but nope it somehow stayed put. The lid on the other hand is no where to be found.....again. :rofl:
windy here as well. the tarp blew off my wood pile. guess it's gonna air out until i get home from work. thankfully no precipitation in the forecast.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
you're supposed to do that before you move, ideally
Very true... But I am married and she was unsure of what she wanted to use in the new place.
She has a nice China cabinet/hutch at her dad's place we still need to Puch up, weather has been an issue with moving it. Once that is here we can finish the kitchen organization and eliminate extra stuff there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Very true... But I am married and she was unsure of what she wanted to use in the new place.
She has a nice China cabinet/hutch at her dad's place we still need to Puch up, weather has been an issue with moving it. Once that is here we can finish the kitchen organization and eliminate extra stuff there.
i'm married too. but my wife is AWESOME at moving. she'll start packing stuff like 2 months in advance. we always have a ton of donations and purging going on. thankfully we haven't moved in almost 4 years now, and no plans to do so in the immediate future.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Race car work on Saturday, we're in the beginning (ish) phases of final prep with the plan of racing the Baja 1000 this November. Big dang ol' ski tour on Sunday with a super fun crew, then a "welcome back to CO / happy birthday!" party for one of my best guy friends.

Here. That's the best I've got.
Well hey buddy...
Never let it rest 'til your good is better and your better is best.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
have you tried white noise?
We've had these in their rooms since day 1:

HEPA filter + white noise.

My weekend was such that I welcome the cold, grim hands of Monday around my throat.

Have a nice day.
Climbing with @6thElement was that rough? :D
Earplugs. :homer:
That indeed was my solution. :D

Today we hear that cry it out may not work with kids of Yuna's age (2 in April). Certainly doesn't seem to have worked so far! Jessica also had the idea of trying no gate and just putting her back in silently, without talking or a hug or anything. Jessica caved in and put the gate back in after Yuna came out for the 50th time in a row...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today we hear that cry it out may not work with kids of Yuna's age (2 in April). Certainly doesn't seem to have worked so far! Jessica also had the idea of trying no gate and just putting her back in silently, without talking or a hug or anything. Jessica caved in and put the gate back in after Yuna came out for the 50th time in a row...
do you not have doors? :confused:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip

If your wife is soft... there is no hope.

:D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I expect pictures when this tree goes over.