Quantcast

♢♢♢Monday GMT♢♢♢

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
this could turn out bad..The MIL fell going down the steps into my nephews garage this morning. A case of I've fallen and can't get up as it were. She was baby sitting her 1 year old great grand kid. Paramedics loaded her in to the ambulance, nephew came home and has the kid. Early indications is that its a hip injury. Guess which family member has the only single level home with a spare bedroom if she needs to stay with someone? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
this could turn out bad..The MIL fell going down the steps into my nephews garage this morning. A case of I've fallen and can't get up as it were. She was baby sitting her 1 year old great grand kid. Paramedics loaded her in to the ambulance, nephew came home and has the kid. Early indications is that its a hip injury. Guess which family member has the only single level home with a spare bedroom if she needs to stay with someone? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Have you considered buying a place in Oroville?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... mental misfire. I might need to go take a nap, as stress = seizures, and I'm stressed as fuck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You may have beaten me on the second Chimpex loop yesterday.

The forecast for this week had me anticipating much riding. Then I just discovered this :thumbsdown:

View attachment 124633
If they'll work on your bike (27.5" Boost spacing, 15 mm/12 mm through axles) then you can borrow my wheels. I'm not planning on turning a wheel until the ski lifts aren't running any more.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
http://www.lifealert.com/

Problem solved.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If they'll work on your bike (27.5" Boost spacing, 15 mm/12 mm through axles) then you can borrow my wheels. I'm not planning on turning a wheel until the ski lifts aren't running any more.
Appreciate the offer, but I don't have a boost rear :rimshot:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
what rim was it?
A Nox Composites Teocalli 275, http://www.noxcomposites.com/teocalli275

And the big shoutout of the day goes to Nox Composites. As the rim was less than two years old (but only by a few months), I qualified for their Rock Strike replacement and just had to pay shipping :weee: for the replacement rim which should be going out tomorrow.

Then I'll just need to re-lace and be back in business on my trail bike. Mean time I'll have to take easier lines down the mountain on my 29er which is currently running rigid.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Anybody know a labor/employment attorney in CA? Or is anybody here secretly a labor/employment attorney?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
And... mental misfire. I might need to go take a nap, as stress = seizures, and I'm stressed as fuck.
You doing ok?

Anybody know a labor/employment attorney in CA? Or is anybody here secretly a labor/employment attorney?
I sense the backstory to this is part of your stress. Along with the death and the hunt for a bigger mortgage.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

And the big shoutout of the day goes to Nox Composites. As the rim was less than two years old (but only by a few months), I qualified for their Rock Strike replacement and just had to pay shipping :weee: for the replacement rim which should be going out tomorrow.

Then I'll just need to re-lace and be back in business on my trail bike. Mean time I'll have to take easier lines down the mountain on my 29er which is currently running rigid.
good on nox... y u not farlow?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You doing ok?

I sense the backstory to this is part of your stress. Along with the death and the hunt for a bigger mortgage.
Not too* stressed, all things considered. Part of my job is very forward planning fiscally, so I don't have a worry for a long time. The end result of all of this will most likely be beneficial for us, but still crossing t's and dotting i's though.

@Full Trucker - Wifey might have some logo design work for you in the future, but she'll reach out to you in that case.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

I don't think I could be talked into carbon rims. I have a tendency to destroy rear wheels. In fact it has been rare for me to have matching wheels. I even managed to dent a Sunn Double Wide many years ago. At barely three months old, I dented an i9 so bad it can't be run tubeless. The customer service guy seemed really surprised and told me I "must have hit something really freak hard". :rofl:

"Rock Strike replacement" ha, that's pretty much an entire style of riding.

Remember kids, the path to being a smooth rider is rough as shit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't think I could be talked into carbon rims. I have a tendency to destroy rear wheels. In fact it has been rare for me to have matching wheels. I even managed to dent a Sunn Double Wide many years ago. At barely three months old, I dented an i9 so bad it can't be run tubeless. The customer service guy seemed really surprised and told me I "must have hit something really freak hard". :rofl:

"Rock Strike replacement" ha, that's pretty much an entire style of riding.

Remember kids, the path to being a smooth rider is rough as shit.
Double-wide rims had no depth and dented incredibly easily, imho.

As for riding smooth, I just started thinking of rims as consumption parts. When you stop caring about them, you begin to realize not what damages them, but what slows you down (often times the same). Once you know what slows you down, you learn to stay afloat through fast rough sections, keep center weighted, and limit rear braking through terrain that will have the wheel coming off the ground (stopping v. rolling the wheel).

I probably destroyed 2 front rims in all of my riding (started DH in 1999) and 10-15 rears of all shapes and brands. Those were almost entirely on full on, expert/semi-pro level and speed DH race courses or equivalent. I haven't destroyed a wheel in almost 8 years, with the only exception being when I recently had a rear tire blow off in a high speed rock section of trail.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Double-wide rims had no depth and dented incredibly easily, imho.

As for riding smooth, I just started thinking of rims as consumption parts. When you stop caring about them, you begin to realize not what damages them, but what slows you down (often times the same). Once you know what slows you down, you learn to stay afloat through fast rough sections, keep center weighted, and limit rear braking through terrain that will have the wheel coming off the ground (stopping v. rolling the wheel).

I probably destroyed 2 front rims in all of my riding (started DH in 1999) and 10-15 rears of all shapes and brands. Those were almost entirely on full on, expert/semi-pro level and speed DH race courses or equivalent. I haven't destroyed a wheel in almost 8 years, with the only exception being when I recently had a rear tire blow off in a high speed rock section of trail.
Umm, yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing in the rocks. But thanks anyway.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ride not success. My emergency stash of car was quarters was not enough. Gumbo clay was gumbo and brought me to complete stops half a dozen time in 2.5 miles... totally worth it.