Quantcast

♢♢♢Monday GMT♢♢♢

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
good on nox... y u not farlow?
I've been happy with the 26mm internal with my 2.35" tyres, no desire to go fatter.

I must have got a little huck onto pointy rocks happy with the first trail rides since November over the weekend. Not sure when the fracture occurred, but given that I did 8000ft of vert it held up great.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Please tell me that you did not pressure wash your bike...
It is possible to wash your bike at a carwash without damaging the bearings or seals. Most of the spray wands have enough pressure without squeezing the handle. Or you can stand back at a distance. But of course avoid full pressure up close. If you're careful and don't make a habit out of then it's fine.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have an HR question for IAB. A friends company just gave out a new employee manual and one of the changes is they now only accrue 2 weeks of vacation vs the 3 weeks they have been accruing. I am guessing this is just a dick move, but is there any standard for that sort of thing? Seems like there should be, but it seems not.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have an HR question for IAB. A friends company just gave out a new employee manual and one of the changes is they now only accrue 2 weeks of vacation vs the 3 weeks they have been accruing. I am guessing this is just a dick move, but is there any standard for that sort of thing? Seems like there should be, but it seems not.
Tell your friend to go to work for that lost week in a bath robe and house slippers. And he might want to temporarily upgrade his computer chair to one of these.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I am not IRB but common practice is to only change accrual policy for new hires while grandfathering in employees hired prior to the change of policy. While not legally required to provide any amount of time off benefits other than the minimum required to meet Federal FMLA requlations, the reduction in benefits does materially impact the level of compensation an employee has previously received and thus actionable as a civil complaint. Most companies would not risk legal action unless they were in a serious financial state that would require such a move in order to remain financially viable.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am not IRB but common practice is to only change accrual policy for new hires while grandfathering in employees hired prior to the change of policy. While not legally required to provide any amount of time off benefits other than the minimum required to meet Federal FMLA requlations, the reduction in benefits does materially impact the level of compensation an employee has previously received and thus actionable as a civil complaint. Most companies would not risk legal action unless they were in a serious financial state that would require such a move in order to remain financially viable.
Thanks a lot, SM. I know since they don't allow carry over from year to year this isn't an issue with them making the change at the first of they year and it will apply to all employees. Again, just a major dick move at this point.