Quantcast

♢♢♢Seriously, No effing Friday GMT?♢♢♢

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Had a good/tough ride last night. Spent a good 10 minutes sessioning the rock garden at the bottom to find the right line and I think I've got it now. The super hot exposed climb sapped all my energies so I only rode a fraction of what I normally do on the way up but the down was, as it usually is, hellasuperuber fun.

Foray back into flat pedals went okay, I could definitely feel where I rely on the clipless mechanism to do the dirty work going uphill. 5.10 hiking shoes left a lot to be desired, methinks I'll order up some biking 5.10s.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode bikes, broke my Reverb remote, drank beers. Thankfully my LBS has the newer style Reverb remote in stock, so I am gonna upgrade myself.

Wife is away this weekend, so the Spawn and I are gonna head up to the Carrabassett Valley trails and cruise some smooth flowy goodness. Then we will go hunting for a couple waterfalls. Should be rad.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin!

Had a good/tough ride last night. Spent a good 10 minutes sessioning the rock garden at the bottom to find the right line and I think I've got it now. The super hot exposed climb sapped all my energies so I only rode a fraction of what I normally do on the way up but the down was, as it usually is, hellasuperuber fun.

Foray back into flat pedals went okay, I could definitely feel where I rely on the clipless mechanism to do the dirty work going uphill. 5.10 hiking shoes left a lot to be desired, methinks I'll order up some biking 5.10s.
Flat soles with flat pedals FTW. What pedals did you get? Also the soles on my 5/10s are wearing out faster than one would expect for the price.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Had date night with the lady last night while my mom watched little man.

My better half expressed her dislike for my constant attitude/asshole behavior directed to her mom. I explained it's a miracle and a testament to my self control that no one has been murdered after almost 3 months living with her parents. I also reminded her I clearly stated at the beginning of the situation that I think we should get an apartment in the interim until we find a house to have our own space and to prevent such behavior. She really couldn't argue after I pointed that out.

We both agreed we need to find a house ASAP.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Flat soles with flat pedals FTW. What pedals did you get? Also the soles on my 5/10s are wearing out faster than one would expect for the price.
Some RaceFace Chesters. I couldn't really justify spending the extra for an aluminum pair when the Chesters get overwhelmingly good reviews.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Had date night with the lady last night while my mom watched little man.

My better half expressed her dislike for my constant attitude/asshole behavior directed to her mom. I explained it's a miracle and a testament to my self control that no one has been murdered after almost 3 months living with her parents. I also reminded her I clearly stated at the beginning of the situation that I think we should get an apartment in the interim until we find a house to have our own space and to prevent such behavior. She really couldn't argue after I pointed that out.

We both agreed we need to find a house ASAP.
You should just bang her mom and get it over with.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Some RaceFace Chesters. I couldn't really justify spending the extra for an aluminum pair when the Chesters get overwhelmingly good reviews.
I had considered chester composite pedals due to my amazing rock clipping skills but ended up going full on chi chi to support my LBS because they are good guys. Now that I going to be a baller on a budget that will have to end.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
wait, do you live in Massachusetts or Alabama?
Like I've said before....their family is oddly close (in my opinion). I grew up in a family where it was "if you need help, ask, otherwise GTFO and do your own thing".....which makes the current situation difficult like it is. Her mom thinks I still need to be parented, help with basic things like laundry, food or deciding what to do during the weekend.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Mornin!
I feel like I need to do the same. Need to work on wheelies and manuals and other stupid stuff and I always feel like clipless makes me not want to have fun goofing around.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

Lets get this day over with already.

Many, mannnny thorns and prickly things were rubbed and bumped into during last nights hike.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I feel like I need to do the same. Need to work on wheelies and manuals and other stupid stuff and I always feel like clipless makes me not want to have fun goofing around.
And you can ride to the liquor store in your sandals... comfortably. :homer:

Oh, and just for the record: FUCK THIS FRIDAY. :mad:

Then how do you explain her liking mine so much, she is looking to buy a Brodozer to keep at their house in Maine for themselves? Hmmmmm?
Because it's actually a girl's car? :busted: :p

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
My tolerance for people is wearing thin. I need to win the lottery and go do my own thing on my own terms.

On the good news front, my car problems from yesterday was just a bad battery. Not that I wanted to spend the coin on a new battery for my car, but it is better than a more involved fix. My daughters car went to the shop this morning for some PM and a looksee at the coolant issue I experienced yesterday. Showed it to my mechanic on the way home last night and the wife took the car there this morning. hopefully he completes the fix today and she pays for it. That might be unlikely, since I told him we don't drive that car much and he can take his time.

the wife and daughter are ut of town this weekend, so if the timing of son's obligations and the weather pans out, I will ride on dirt.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sounds like y'all need a dose of Montana. :monkey:

From yesterday's ride with @Montana rider crossing a stream at the trail head.
View media item 3141
I like waterfalls so here is a picture of a waterfall on the Louise Lake drainage in Montana
View media item 3139
The trail was an epic push up (at times) because we were not where we intended to be and I am a stubborn ass who refused to turn back.
View media item 3138
We took a shed break at the lake, there were tent campers across the lake; they were naked and eating raw fish so I cannot post here.
View media item 3140
On the way down we missed yet another marker and ended up on a trail we should have pedaled up. It turned out to be a fantastic trail that we might fit into to Montana Monkey Fest in August. Anyone actually coming? The weather was overcast and in the 70s, basically AWESOME mountain riding weather. The last picture is a view of the Curly (sp?) Lake drainage we had intended on riding. Due to overhead clouds and wild fires the distances were hazy and did not photograph well.
View media item 3142
Make love to your bike this weekend.

Last edited: