Quantcast

♢♢♢Seriously, No effing Friday GMT?♢♢♢

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sounds like y'all need a dose of Montana. :monkey:

From yesterday's ride with @Montana rider crossing a stream at the trail head.
View media item 3141
I like waterfalls so here is a picture of a waterfall on the Louise Lake drainage in Montana
View media item 3139
The trail was an epic push up (at times) because we were not were we intending to be and I am a stubborn ass who refused to turn back.
View media item 3138
We took a shed break at the lake, there were tent campers across the lake; they were naked and eating raw fish so I cannot post here.
View media item 3140
On the way down we missed yet another marker and ended up on a trail we should have pedaled up. It turned out to be a fantastic trail that we might fit into to Montana Monkey Fest in August. Anyone actually coming? The weather was overcast and in the 70s, basically AWESOME mountain riding weather. The last picture is a view of the Curly (sp?) Lake drainage we had intended on riding. Due to overhead clouds and wild fires the distances were hazy and did not photograph well.
View media item 3142
Make love to your bike this weekend.
Been a long time since I've seen bar ends on bars that narrow.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Been a long time since I've seen bar ends on bars that narrow.
Its was almost 1 bar end as the choppy road up managed to dislodge his bike at the point were stopped and backed up to park. I dragged his bike for 50 feet or so and pulled off the other bar end. I felt pretty bad but no other damage was noted on the bike. A multi tool and stone were all that was needed to make things right again. :)

As for bar ends - I dont have them on any of my current bikes but always kept them on the hardtail because they are an additional position for your hands during extended climbs, reduced wrist fatigue for me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Mariko shall surf today, weather permitting. Yuna wants to as well but that isn't happening at age 2, instructor or not.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hello all. Mariko shall surf today, weather permitting. Yuna wants to as well but that isn't happening at age 2, instructor or not.
Not sure if you will have any alone time but if so, go hike Crouching Lion. For the relatively little amount of effort expended it offers some pretty badass views.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can today be Saturday please? Haley, who is off school today, walked into our room at 5:45am dressed and ready to go somewhere. We're not sure where, but somewhere apparently. Otherwise, tired.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I feel like I need to do the same. Need to work on wheelies and manuals and other stupid stuff and I always feel like clipless makes me not want to have fun goofing around.
I need to throw flats back on and practice throwing the bikes ass end around. One switchback at the Starrpass trail system here is damn near unridabru. Many people of different skills have yet to beat it. I also need to practice wheelies.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morn...errrr Afternoon!!

Didn't get a chance to create a GMT...I was feeling WAY too asymmetrical this morning, and just didn't want to subject you group of Rainmen to the brutality of imperfect order. That, and I had the sh*ts, which meant I slept in barn last night.

It's been meeting after meeting today...will be glad to see this week roll on, man. I got stuff done, but it was something that resembled too much like work, and we just can't have that now, can we?

Be positive...you may want to be an asshole, but don't be.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
They still do this - but are so unfashionable at this point that nobody dares put them on.
They'll make a come back. I just put a pair on, they are blue and sexy.
also, its monsoon season here, we also expect rain. we got at least 3 inches in 10 minutes on Saturday from a "30% chance of light rain" forecast. Guess the other 70% was chance of "F you" rain.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
"Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full'

On my way in to work just after first light I watched a silver P51 skim the hillside range lands just north of town it then banked up and over, lined up with the north runway at livermore aiport and came screaming over the highway in front of me gear up, at well over 200 mph at about 200' . that Rolls Royce Merlin engine was screaming. Tt then pulled up banked right dropped its gear and came around to land. great way to start my day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you've got a decent nest egg, I'd say go for it, regardless of pay.

Oh, wait. We don't have universal healthcare, so no matter HOW much you have saved up, it won't be enough. :rant:
Technically he's British. Maybe they can send a check for coverage here?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya fellers! I took today off from work to get some shit done, the first of which was a 65 mile bike ride. Hammered out a 19.3 mph avg, which is cool. Now I am about to make what is probably a terrible mistake and check my work e-mail.....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Sounds like y'all need a dose of Montana. :monkey:

From yesterday's ride with @Montana rider crossing a stream at the trail head.
View media item 3141
I like waterfalls so here is a picture of a waterfall on the Louise Lake drainage in Montana
View media item 3139
The trail was an epic push up (at times) because we were not where we intended to be and I am a stubborn ass who refused to turn back.
View media item 3138
We took a shed break at the lake, there were tent campers across the lake; they were naked and eating raw fish so I cannot post here.
View media item 3140
On the way down we missed yet another marker and ended up on a trail we should have pedaled up. It turned out to be a fantastic trail that we might fit into to Montana Monkey Fest in August. Anyone actually coming? The weather was overcast and in the 70s, basically AWESOME mountain riding weather. The last picture is a view of the Curly (sp?) Lake drainage we had intended on riding. Due to overhead clouds and wild fires the distances were hazy and did not photograph well.
View media item 3142
Make love to your bike this weekend.
My bad..... In my defense, I really needed a shower. Didn't know someone was across the lake

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Its was almost 1 bar end as the choppy road up managed to dislodge his bike at the point were stopped and backed up to park. I dragged his bike for 50 feet or so and pulled off the other bar end. I felt pretty bad but no other damage was noted on the bike. A multi tool and stone were all that was needed to make things right again. :)

As for bar ends - I dont have them on any of my current bikes but always kept them on the hardtail because they are an additional position for your hands during extended climbs, reduced wrist fatigue for me.
Sometimes at night I turn the lights down low, close the curtains, install bar ends and dance around in neon colored plum smugglers while listening to boy bands.