Quantcast

♢♢♢Sunday, Glorious Sunday♢♢♢

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! For some odd reason I am up at 5AM and feeling fucking fantastic! Today's agenda includes laundry, limited house cleaning and swapping out the tires on my crabon wheel set on the hardtail before before beginning to pack for an epic 10 day adventure somewhere in the mountains of southwest Montana.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good morning monkeys. Today, I am going to pick up my new to me Transition Patrol. I am very stoked. It's a beautiful day, so hopefully I will get a few nice rides in.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The rain came. First bit of moisture since May. Blew out the smoke and heat. What a great day for dirt church!

Only thing is, I left me drivers window down last night... doh

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Knee is pretty swollen from yesterday's wreck, despite my knee pads. The arm gouge is pretty painful, but didn't need stitches, barely according to the urgent care doctor. Oh well, the risks we take.

About to go rock climbing with Haley.

The Yeti refresh plan is coming along nicely. Parts are on order to build up new wheels on DTSwiss EX471's, new pedals, and seatpost. I'll probably be ordering a new set of 4-piston brakes later today, the Pike is going in for a factory rebuild, new bar/stem are in play once I figure out what size combo I prefer, and @Full Trucker recommended I try a reservoir shock after the ride yesterday, so I'm looking at either a Fox X2 or DPX2 now. Yeah bikes!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept like shit last night. lots of protesting muscles from yesterdays ride. It didn't help that they fired up the tractors at 4am to drag the competition arenas and by Camper is near to them.

55* and I am drinking some espresso after having some hot cereal. Solar panels (200 watts) are busy topping off the Camper batteries. It is nice not to have to fire up the generator

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Up. Going to the gym.

Exhausted from my day of recording and jamming; I just slept the rest of Saturday.

Memorial service, later.

New band shirts arrived from the printer.
IMG_9339.JPG

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Saints, or Hope?
Zee most likely. I can get a set of 203/185 with adapters and rotors for $255 shipped from backcountry. Throw in the 7% cash back from activejunky.com and it's only $235. Not bad.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Zee most likely. I can get a set of 203/185 with adapters and rotors for $255 shipped from backcountry. Throw in the 7% cash back from activejunky.com and it's only $235. Not bad.
I've got a couple of brand new Shimano 203 adapters that I bought by mistake when building my wife's Fury. I think they're both post mount - any use to you?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I rode 60 hilly miles on the tri bike today. Wife and her friend had a bike workout to do so I tagged along and hung back. I kind of ran out of steam 45 miles in thanks to losing a bottle of my nutrition somewhere along the way, which I assume was on one of the shitty chewed up Massachusetts roads we hit.

I just woke up from an hour nap. :happydance:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've got a couple of brand new Shimano 203 adapters that I bought by mistake when building my wife's Fury. I think they're both post mount - any use to you?
One of the 160>203 for sure. The Yeti will only take a 180 rear.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I am at this wedding back east. My dad has ALS, which sucks...BUT he has the longest duration/onset that his doctors have ever seen. (10 years) He is doing MUCH better than this time last year, when we thought he was a goner. He is speaking better, walking better, eating better, and still writing. So good to see it!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good morning monkeys. Today, I am going to pick up my new to me Transition Patrol. I am very stoked. It's a beautiful day, so hopefully I will get a few nice rides in.
Picked up the bike. It's in great shape. Beautiful really. It's hard for me to believe its mine. But... I couldn't get the (friggin) seat post installed. The shipper pulled the reverb out, and I can't get the hose routed back in. He left a cable in the tube, but I have to route the hose from the seat post end because of the barb that I can't pull out. (I should have bought an extra length of hose and that double headed male screw in thingy to allow me to pull the hose through). Unless I'm missing something. These reverbs are dumb. Give me a cable actuated dropper any day.

Aaaanyways, so now I'm in Potsdam at some random pub killing time until the bike shop opens tomorrow morning. At least the bartender is pretty, her shorts are short, and they have good beer - I'm having Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA after having a Township 7 Brewing Co. IPA (ok, but a bit bland). Going to have a fried chicken sandwich for dinner, then going to try to find somewhere free to pitch my tent for the night... The things we do to avoid paying customs fees!

Having a beer and then going for a ride. Must resist to not do trails...

Did you come to the Ottawa / Gatineau area yesterday? How were the bike paths? Hopefully you didn't get caught in the thunder/hail storms... They were gnarly.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I
Picked up the bike. It's in great shape. Beautiful really. It's hard for me to believe its mine. But... I couldn't get the (friggin) seat post installed. The shipper pulled the reverb out, and I can't get the hose routed back in. He left a cable in the tube, but I have to route the hose from the seat post end because of the barb that I can't pull out. (I should have bought an extra length of hose and that double headed male screw in thingy to allow me to pull the hose through). Unless I'm missing something. These reverbs are dumb. Give me a cable actuated dropper any day.

Aaaanyways, so now I'm in Potsdam at some random pub killing time until the bike shop opens tomorrow morning. At least the bartender is pretty, her shorts are short, and they have good beer - I'm having Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA after having a Township 7 Brewing Co. IPA (ok, but a bit bland). Going to have a fried chicken sandwich for dinner, then going to try to find somewhere free to pitch my tent for the night... The things we do to avoid paying customs fees!

Did you come to the Ottawa / Gatineau area yesterday? How were the bike paths? Hopefully you didn't get caught in the thunder/hail storms... They were gnarly.
I didn't sadly; had to bail because of work and other reasons. Definitely want to come up that way though, looks like some good riding with interesting scenery.

Congrats on the Patrol. ;)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I

I didn't sadly; had to bail because of work and other reasons. Definitely want to come up that way though, looks like some good riding with interesting scenery.

Congrats on the Patrol. ;)
It's probably for the best anyways. The weather was really sketchy. And besides, the riding in Ottawa is pretty damn good. You need to come up a) when you're healthy and b) when I'm around so I can show you around the good trails!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So, I am at this wedding back east. My dad has ALS, which sucks...BUT he has the longest duration/onset that his doctors have ever seen. (10 years) He is doing MUCH better than this time last year, when we thought he was a goner. He is speaking better, walking better, eating better, and still writing. So good to see it!
He's probably been hitting the shed.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Saints win. All bike refresh parts ordered or in service. Mostly new bike in hopefully 2-ish weeks! I will just have a ride or two trying out different bar/stem combos before I buy a specific size. Thankfully Nick has a ton of spare parts to help make this happen (amongst many other aspects).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No riding today, but the new mattress is definitely helping my back. Slept 8 hours and then had a 2 hour post brunch nap. Normally it is exceedingly rare for me to sleep longer than 6 hours and with the old bed I was getting as little as 4 hours before waking up in pain. Got it Tuesday and have been sleeping longer each night.

I foresee a metric ass top of riding in the near future.